Jan 30 2013

Parchment Heart

It’s been far too long since my last post. I’ve been busy with family commitments and have missed being in my craft room doing what I greatly enjoy. I hope to get more designs posted in the coming month that I’ve completed.

This beautiful design is by a very talented Pergamano instructor, Anneke Oostmeijer. It combines several techniques I enjoy, especially stippling. There are several designs in her book, Anneke’s Anniversary Edition, that I hope to complete this year.

Tracing was done on regular parchment paper with White, Black and Gold Tinta inks. I used Perga Liners and Perga Colour Exclusive markers to color the flowers and leaves. I embossd the flowers and leaves after painting them. A list of the tools I used to emboss, perforate and cut the design are listed below.

A Touch of Grace – Paper Boutique:

Small Ball Embossing Tool

Large Ball Embossing Tool

1-Needle Perforating Tool

2-Needle Perforating Tool

Pergamano No. 2 Kolinsky Brush

Mapping Pen

Tinta Inks (White, Gold, Black)

White Pencil

Perga Sponge

Tear Off Palatte

Magnetic Design Board

Thank you so much for visiting today and for all the visits you’ve made these past several months.  I truly appreciate all the love and support I’ve received from you all over the years.  Have a blessed day!

75 Responses to “Parchment Heart”

1. Carol Southern says:

Oh my, oh my what a surprise I got this morning doing my usual daily check of your blog, there it was this stunning card. So good to see your beautiful work again. Many hours of love in this, it’s a lovely design.
    Look forward to seeing more of what you have been working on.

2. Kathleen Pennington says:

I am so happy to see you back on your blog. I have missed seeing your beautiful work.

3. Irene Po says:

Been reading your earlier entries and think your work is exceptional. Good to see you back.

4. Wow this is just fabulous and it’s SO good to have you back!!

5. Maryann says:

Sooo great to see you back here hun and your card is absolutely stunning as always. Looking forward to see a lot more of your wonderful work here again now, that´s for sure. Hope life has settled for you now then.

6. What a wonderful surprise I got this morning. I’ve missed seeing your beautiful work! (I guess I’m not the only one, judging from the comments)! :-)

This is so beautiful as always. I can’t wait to see more!

7. LisaGregory says:

Oh, how I missed your gorgeous work!! So elegant and beautiful!!

8. How wonderful to see you back, Jerri! You have been missed. Your project, as always, is beyond compare — truly lovely!!!

9. Marion says:

HAPPY NEW YEAR JERRI!!!! Such a long, long time since we heard from you. Welcome back!
    Anneke O is my favourite parchment crafter/designer and I had the honour of meeting her a couple of years back when she attended a show in my home town.

Have contented myself browsing your “old” pages but it’s so good to have you back with the promise of things new.

Marion in the UK

10. GingerNY says:

I have missed your beautiful creations and was pleasantly surprised to see your blog post this morning. Hope all is well and you an get back to the things that bring you and us so much joy.

11. Betty Brett says:

Stunning! Welcome back. You have been missed. This is an amazing work of art, and you are a master of this delicate and gorgeous craft. I saw some at CHA recently and thought of you. Glad to see you will be bringing us more soon.

12. bethann d says:

YIPPEE, so glad to see you back. lovely another stunnner from you

Absolutely amazing. So beautiful! I have missed seeing your wonderful creations. Love your new hair style and I believe you have lost some weight as well! Lookin good :)

14. Wow Jerri, this is stunning. I have missed seeing your exquisite creation. Glad to see you back.

15. Gretchen Wilson says:

Oh is so good to have you back on my screen I’ve enjoyed you pins, but this is even better. I have never delete any of your blog post, because I didn’t know how to save them. Just recently found out and now I can go back and keep them all in one place. This card is absolutely gorgeous, all the work that goes into it is so much appreciate by me.
    Hugs,

16. Marilyn M says:

I too have missed your beautiful work and this was a very nice surprise this morning. Glad you are back making your beautiful creations and can’t wait to see more. Happ New Year!

Wow Jerri, what a wonderful surprise. Sure have missed you. Loved seeing your smiling face and your gorgeous card.

18. Debbie Pokerwinski says:

Greetings from Buffalo, NY! Yay, you’re back! Glad to see that everything is well and you’ll be ‘gracing’ us with more of your beautiful creations, Jerri! Thanks for sharing! Debbie

19. Mary H. says:

Hi Jerri, It’s wonderful to see your beautiful parchment work again. This is so awesome. I keep saying “one of these days I have to try this”. Have some supplies, just not done it. We were in Madeira Beach for Christmas, and I thought of you. Hope you are enjoying some Fla. sunshine. I started a blog since I last ‘talked with you’, so if you have time, hope you’ll come to check it out. Also hope you can get back in your craftroom regularly now. Sometimes it’s very hard with ‘life’ getting in the way of ‘cardmaking’. Hugs and have a great week.

How delightful to see a new post from you, Jerri!!! You made my day!!!! This is a gorgeous card. Your work is just fabulous, and it is showcased beautifully in this card. Can’t wait to see your next one!!

21. Jean Pipp says:

Hi Jerri, It is wonderful to open my mail today and find a beautiful project from you. I have been watching for so long for you to return. You truly are the best artist out there and it is always delightful to see your work….hope all is welll with you and that we will get to see you on a more continual basis…..happy day. Jean PIpp

22. Pauline M. says:

Hi Jeri, What a wonderful surprise to see your beautiful card. I’ve missed you. Welcome back.

23. Carolyn says:

So glad to see you back. I have worried about you. It was happy mail today to see your name. :)

24. Susan says:

Hello Jerri,

What a super surprise to see you blogging again…missed your creations heaps as I always find inspiration in your work, the card here as always is stunning and I always know that no matter how long you’re away the wait of your return is always well worth the wait,

Thanks for sharing this eye opener (ready for bed now) with us, glad I stayed up a bit longer, you take care and hope you and your family stay well, bye for now Susan xx

25. Cindy Lou says:

Like everyone else, it was such a pleasant surprise to see your name and blog in my mailbox this morning :) Your work is still awesome, so even though you may not have been blogging, you have definitely been playing. I understand the not blogging, but you have been missed. Hope to see more!

26. Rita says:

What a wonderful surprise to see a post from you again..
    I am thrilled you are back with us. You were definitely missed.

27. Deanna says:

So thrilled to see your post this morning. This is just a stunning piece of art. Love the beautiful detail in this design. ~Hugs Deanna

28. Debe Aston says:

It’s so nice to see your gorgeous work again. Hope you will be able to post more in the coming months as I so enjoy viewing your work. You have an exceptional talent!

29. What a wonderful surprise, my friend!! Welcome back to the blogging world and an even bigger welcome back to the parchment world. :)) I’m looking forward to seeing you, right here, regularly, once again.

30. Elaine Burke says:

SOOOOO beautiful, as always. Glad to see you are back. Hoping to learn this craft some day.

From your biggest fan. Elaine Burke

31. Rebekka R says:

So glad you are back! :)
    This is just stunning, I love the heart shape.

32. Gloria says:

Its been too long for sure. When I got on to the computer this morning I couldnt believe I was seeing a post from you. So happy your back. This is just beautiful. Can’t wait to see more.

33. I am SO HAPPY to see a post from you again…I missed seeing your work so much. I know, life gets in the way, but just know that you have friends who hang in there with you and love it when you can post.
    Elena

34. Twila Young says:

Good to see you back. Your work is stunning and I have missed the inspiration.

35. Heather Peel says:

Hello Jerri what a wonderful suprise to have you back here with us .You have bee missed so much ,i love all your work all your wonderful talents .so good too hear from you Jerri .
    OOOh this has just made my day ,after having so much stress and a bereavment in my family ,our family home to break up ,this is a ray of light for me .I love recieving your email .
    you keep popping in and we will all be happy to be hear with you as always before .hugs smiles and love Heather

36. Wendy says:

Hi Jerri
    So lovely to see you are back.Ive missed you!!
    Such a lovely piece of Art that you are showing us toay. I love it!!

Wendy xx

37. I was just thinking about you the other day…wondering how are you….and then this beauty pops up….lovely ….lovely….card….
    So glad to see your doing ok and back into your craftroom….miss your creations a whole bunch…..
    hugs gloria

OMG, omg…you are back! I am so glad you are back in your craftroom.

Cathy

39. Leanne says:

Among other Jerri it is a pleasure to have you back with us in the crafting world. We’ve all missed your beautiful work.

No words to describe this beautiful card! Just stunning!!!! TFS…

Hope your family is doing well?

Many blessings and paper hugs to you….Leanne

40. Donna Ellis says:

YAYYYYY, Jerri! So good seeing you again. Not just because I missed your incredible artwork, but because you are a remarkable person in every way, and I missed you! How appropriate to begin with a heart – not just any heart, but one which reveals part of your own, dear, sweet inner beauty. A beautiful creation! I feel better just knowing you are doing a little better, too. Early Valentine hugs & kissies, de

41. Phil(omena) from Dublin, Ireland says:

Today I had a reason to smile when I saw your post – wow – your work is exceptionally beautiful – looking forward to seeing more. good wishes
    Phil

42. Debbie Dunham says:

Welcome back! Absolutely beautiful work of art!

43. What a wonderful surprise and it is great to see your beautiful card. Have missed your blogging and beautiful work. Just hope you have time to enjoy some of the things you love to do. Have a wonderful week ahead, sending love and good wishes for you.

44. Thelma says:

It is great to see you back again Jerri. I have so missed your wonderful creations. Are you in Tampa now? I love the heart card but I’m afraid to get into Pergamano creations……another whole lot of supplies needed! I might just weaken one of these days because the cards are so beautiful.

45. L. Brown says:

So good to have you back. Beautiful, beautiful card.

46. Dottie says:

When I saw the link to your blog I hollered out to my hubby “Jerri is back!” I just mentioned you to my DH yesterday wondering how you were doing. I am so delighted for you, AND a great new pic of you to boot! Your pergamano parchment heart is exquisite. I can’t imagine how many hours it would take to create such a beauty. It is stunning. We all have missed you as part of our weekly visit online!

47. Edna Burgess says:

Very beautiful. Wish I had that stamp. Edna

48. Janet Castle says:

So happy to see you back…have missed enjoying your beautiful works of art Jerri! We all understand how life can get in the way (I have not posted on my blog since July 4th – LOL!)…look forward to seeing your artistic endeavors again!

49. Eunice Brown says:

Good Day Jerri,
    Oh how I’ve miss seeing you and your exquisite work!! I delighted to see your email. Thank you so much. I hope your family obligations were good things that kept you busy and away from your craft site. I pray all is well with you and your family. Take care, and welcome back.

50. Trish Verner says:

Soooo good to see you back and what a beautiful card to begin with.
    Hugs,
    Trish x

51. Julie Tilley says:

The heart is beautiful. I have never been so happy to hear you are back. I thought you had quit doing all the beautiful work that you do, or maybe something had happened and you could not post any more. No way I can tell you how happy I am. You are one of my favorite craft persons.

Hugs,
    Julie

52. Sheila H says:

Glad you are back. I have missed you. Hope all is well with your family. Sheila

53. maria says:

que linda se ve !!!
    so happy to see you back. the heart is so beautiful.bienvenida de nuevo.

54. Mary says:

Hi Jerri
    I just found your web site before Christmas. What beautiful creations you make – they are soooooooo outstanding. The prettiest cards I have ever seen – and it was a wonderful suprise to see another one when I looked today.Thank you thank you, thank you so much for your ideas.Your work is really beautiful. Mary -Durham, England

55. Earline says:

Jerri how beautiful you look in that black dress . I have miss you so much but you are right to put your family first I don’t blame you for that. Life is short I cannot wait to see what you are working on are going to be working on and sharing with us in the coming months Happy New Year and take care of that family of your. See you soon.

56. Pat says:

Welcome Back Jerri, What a surprise I had this morning to see that you are back in the blogging world. Your work is so inspirational and you are a very talented lady. I have missed your work. WELCOME!!! You have been missed!!!!!!!

57. Gwen says:

So nice to see to see your lovely art again !!! Paper hugs

58. Selma says:

How fabulous to see you back. Have really missed you. This is so gorgeous.

59. CherylQuilts says:

Oh, Jerri, how WONDERFUL to have you back! Your work is exquisitely beautiful! This is a gorgeous creation…welcome back! We are ALL delighted to see your newest post! You were missed!

60. Barbara R. says:

How wonderful to find a post from your in my mailbox!!! Your work is so beautiful, and I have really missed your art. Hope you do get to create more designs!!

61. Linda Duke says:

There you are… It’s so good to have you back creating, and sharing with us again, we’ve missed you my friend. You creation today is so gorgeous. Don’t be a stranger, give me a call when you can :) WELCOME BACK.

62. Marilyn in E~Town says:

Stressful day at work, come home, check my email and there is your email, I had to look twice to make sure. . . . It is D-E-F-I-N-E-T-L-Y so wonderful to see you back at crafting and sharing your work on your blog!!! You have been missed. Your project today is stunning! What a gorgeous card! I hope all is well with you and your family, I’m so excited that your back and I can lose myself in your blog postings!
    May you continue to be Blessed!

63. Sue K (Australia) says:

Welcome back – with a WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    What a wonderful suprise this morning in my inbox. Well we have all been waiting with bated breath – but boy was it worth the wait. Simply stunning Jerri. We have missed your wonderful talent and inspiration. xx

64. Anne says:

Miss your beautiful work so much, Jeri!! I stopped doing cards for a while as I have been sick n have no inspirations as well. You help to inspire me to work on my cards again hopefully. Hugs, Anne

65. Carol says:

Like all the rest, I was pleasantly surprized to see a message from you in my inbox. You have been dearly missed, but family must take priority. I hope that all is well and that you are able to enjoy your crafting again. You have such a special talent and your artwork is incredible.

Blessings to you and your family.

66. Linda Peix says:

Jerri! I was just thinking of you and your site just this week! I was remembering your beautiful and intricate work. I am SO glad you are back! Can’t wait to see more- Welcome back!

67. Elaine Moore says:

Welcome Back!!! My goodness I’ve missed you and your wonderful creations. Hope this is the first of many more to come.

68. Tracy says:

It’s so wonderful to see something from you again Jerri! It’s gorgeous and I really like the stipling. Can’t wait to see more! Hugs!

69. Sheila-UK says:

OH Jerri I can’t tell you how wonderful it was to se your email this morning…..it was the best surprise I’ve had in such a long time! It’s just so lovely to know you’re back in your craft room and sharing your exquisite works of art with us once again. Welcome back and I do hope you and your family are well and happy.
    Todays card is as stunning as ever!!!

Love Sheila xx

70. Tonniece says:

Hey pretty lady, It’s great to see you back. Missed you a lot.
    AS ALWAYS THIS IS STUNNING. I can’t wait to see the rest of your awesome creations.
    Again, Welcome back.
    Huz
    Tonniece

71. so good to see you back and your Gorgeous creations!!!

72. Lorel-Lye says:

What a blessing to have you back! It has been too long but life happens and we should always tend to what is most important first. Can’t wait to see what you have in store of us and looking forward to some flower tutorials when you get the time. :o)

Thx

73. Clare says:

It’s good to see you back after a long time, Jerri! Beautiful work on your heart!

I love your new hair color and style!

74. diane says:

Stunning Jerri, just love it! Wishing you all the best in 2014! ~Diane

75. Rebekka K says:

wow, this is stunning Jerri.