Mar 27 2014

Pink Roses Parchment Card

Good morning sweet friends, today I have a beautiful parchment card to share with you.

This design is by Anneke Oostmeijer and is found in her book, Anneke’s Charming Creations. It is made with regular parchment paper with a sheet of salmon pink parchment paper inserted inside.

Due to the transparency of the parchment paper it’s hard to photograph the depth of the colors with the sunshine behind it. I like to take pictures of the cards on a flat service to show the intensity of the colors. Learning parchment craft is not difficult, but it does take some practice. If you’re interested in picking up a new craft, or getting back into it, I have some tutorials listed in the left side of my blog entitled Parchment Tutorials. Click on the link and you’ll be directed to the tutorials. There are seven different technique books involved. I have posts on each of the books (see Parchment Tutorials on left side bar), giving descriptions of what’s in the books, as well as some pictures of my completed designs from the lessons teaching that particular technique. To get started I would suggest purchasing the parchment kit, a mapping penTinta white ink, and the parchment DVD. The DVD illustrates the techniques and goes hand-in-hand with the seven technique books. I sell the Technique Books in my store.

This close up shows the delicate cut out work, tracing, perforating, embossing and painting techniques used in the design. I traced the pattern onto the parchment paper with a mapping pen using Tinta red, green, yellow, sepia and gold inks. After completing the tracing, I painted the leaves by mixing tinta green ink with pinta perla green paint, pintura green and bordeaux. I painted the flowers with perga liners. I used pintura yellow to paint the stamens. Shading and feathering techniques were used to give the flowers depth. Once the painting was complete, I perforated the design shallowly, then worked on the embossing. With the embossing completed, I went back and perforated deeply and then performed the cut work. Before doing the cut work on the outer edges of the card, I inserted the salmon pink parchment paper and perforated the outer edges. Once complete, I cut around the edges using Pergamano cutting scissors.

This design is perfect for an anniversary, Mother’s Day, Get Well, Sympathy, Thank You, Birthday and Thinking of You.

I sell Pergamano supplies in my online store, A Touch of Grace – Paper Boutique, as well as PCA parchment tools.  Links are provided below.

Supplies Used:

Pergamano BookAnneke’s Charming Creations

Paperregular parchment paper, salmon pink parchment paper

Inks:  Tinta redgreenyellowgold, sepia

Paints:  pintura green, bordeaux, yellowpinta perla green; perga liners

Perforating Tools:  4-needle, 5-needle2-needle, four-in-four

Embossing Tools:  small balllarge ball

Misc.:  paint brushmapping penscissorsembossing matcutting matperga softperga glueperga sponge

Thank you so much for stopping by to visit.

42 Responses to “Pink Roses Parchment Card”

1. Marilyn in E-Town says:

Oh Jerri, what a gorgeous card! So impressive the work you do, I can’t even imagine the time that goes into one of these beautiful cards.
    It’s so nice to see your pieces of art work again, I’m thankful you are back blogging!!
    Enjoy your weekend!

2. Frances says:

Beautiful creation! Your work is elegant, always amazes me!
    Thanks for sharing, hugs, Frances

3. Kristine Vencel says:

These cards are truly works of art! After reading Marilyn’s comment I also started wondering. How long does it take you to create a card like this one using the Pergamano technique? Coloring, embossing, perforating, cutting, my oh my, sounds like quite an undertaking. The results can surely take our breath away!

4. Jane Elliott says:

Wow!

Simply beyond words………I am so jealous but yet amazed by your talents in flower making and more so the parchment work!! It is just so intricate and needs accuracy as well. Patience is my enemy!! I can’t achieve that for sure!! Love your work so much!!

6. Jan Castle says:

This is drop dead GORGEOUS!!! I’m having trouble thinking of enough wonderful words Jerri!!!
    Thank you for sharing your delightful creation!

7. Gloria Westerman says:

Truly beautiful….I just got some parchment paper and haven’t play with it yet…so this is truly inspirational…thank you so much for sharing this with us…love it…

8. dottie says:

This is stunning to say the least. The cut work is as perfect as perfect can be. This technique looks like it takes a lot of concentration to not loose your place especially in the center part of the card. Wow. You did a superlative job!

9. Sheila - UK says:

Hi Jerri.
    Your creations always take my breath away and today’s work of art is is without exception….stunningly exquisite! I know I haven’t got the patience so the nearest I get to working with parchment is with an embossing folder and I love the effect. I never tire of looking at your wonderful parchment creations or any of your other work….I adore it. Have a good week-end.

Love Sheila xx

Jerri, this is a gorgeous creation. I haven’t tried working with parchment paper before but it looks like it could also be beautiful for use with embossing folders. I may have to give it a try. Your intricate work on all of your projects is amazing and is certainly worth the effort for the outcome. I don’t know if I would have the patience.

11. Wow, amazing blog format! How lengthy have you been running a blog for? you made running a blog look easy. The entire glance of your website is great, let alone the content!

12. Carol Southern says:

Beautiful, beautiful piece Jerri. Love the colour of this. Your work is exquisite.
    Love this pattern.

This card is so gorgeous Jerri. I love the soft, soothing colors. Your work is always top notch. Great job.
    Hugs
    Joan

Hi Jerri, What a beautiful work of art! I am always wowed when I see your creations. You must have practiced long hours to make something this delicately beautiful. I love the colors, and the flowers are gorgeous. Thanks again for coming back to show your talents. Hugs, Jess

15. Donna Ellis says:

Such an elaborate and delicate design, Jerri! Feminine, and oh-so-special! Love those delicate yellow stamens. Beautiful card! hugs, de

16. Barbara R. says:

OMG Jerri. That is absolutely gorgeous. I took a class in Parchment, but my touch is too heavy. I am sure it takes practice and patience. This card is just beautiful and the delicateness of the card is just awesome. You have such a wonderful design eye and I don’t think anyone else can match your design eye and patience in putting these art pieces together. I look forward to all your posts. One is more beautiful than the other!!

17. Chelsea Le says:

I can’t believe what I’m seeing Jerri, I’m speechless! Wow! Incredible … INCREDIBLE piece of art. No one does parchment craft like you!

Hugs

Stunning! This one reminds me of my mother who loved pink. The pinker the better!

19. I am so glad yar back blogging and making those beautiful cards. I absolutely love every card you make! Welcome back!

20. Carolyn T. says:

Your projects are always wonderful. Someday I’m going to get brave enough to try one of them. :)

21. Cec says:

Another masterpiece with those gorgeous flowers and that lovely lattice work. The colour is so pretty and your painting makes the flowers come to life. Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs!
    Cec

22. Diane J says:

This is stunning. I love the colors. Great to have you back!

23. Rebekka K says:

wow..What gorgeous colors and gorgeous design. Have a blessed weekend :)

24. Oh my that is just Stunning, your attention to detail is awesome, amazing work!

25. Debbie Dunham says:

Simply stunning!!!!

Another stunning creation Jerri! ~Diane

27. cecilia Reyes says:

Jerry:

This card is absolutely beautiful. What a stunning work, all the delicacy of the cutting and embossing and the feathering on the flowers… is just beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

28. Maria C. Pelaez says:

wow it is beautiful! muy linda jerry !!! es usted una verdadera artista en toda la pabra;)

29. Mitzi Luttrull says:

Just beautiful, Jerri!

30. Eunice B says:

Another WOW card, Jerri. I’ve tried doing parchment work and it took me hours to do something quite simple, I can’t imagine how long it took you to do this amazing card. Have a great weekend, and thanks for sharing.

31. Gretchen Wilson says:

Stunning, that’s exactly my reaction when I opened your blog. It is absolutely gorgeous. I love the color behind. Amazing work once again Jerri.

Oh, how gorgeous!!! I love the perfection of the lattice work. You started with a lovely pattern, but your excellent technique in execution has really elevated the design you were working with. You have quickly become a master of parchment craft. Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful piece!

33. Velta says:

Jerri this is just stunning ! Another amazing creation from your talented hands !

34. GingerNY says:

By all the comments above….again this was a big hit. I can’t imagine how long this must take.
    I am one of your biggest fans and attempted pergamano a few years ago. I thought I had patience but,No! For now, I’ll stick to the flowers. Working on perfecting them. As always, thank you for your inspiration.
    paper hugs, Ginger

35. So good to see you blogging and creating again lady! Such elegance and detail in these parchment designs. You do them so beautifully! Hugs to you lady!

36. sigh….there is NOTHING like this craft and you do it so beautifully. I think you started my love affair with vellum. LOL Thanks so much for sharing this. Hugs!

37. Jocelan says:

Awesome creation,thanks for sharing your great talent.
    Blessings Jocelan

38. Karen Ilsley says:

Wow, you make everything beyond beautiful! So glad to see your productions again!

39. Becca Feeken says:

Jerri, it is such a blessing to see you blogging again dear friend. Of course your latest pieces are nothing short of exquisite! Please know that I’m absolutely beaming to know you are enjoying your art! You’ve been so missed; sending you a huge cyber hug!!

40. Paula Gale says:

Wow Jerri

Simply beautiful and perfect, such a delicate piece of work that’s turned out wonderful. It looks like it must take a while to do (or at least it looks like it does)… so admire your patience – and clearly, your talent.

Thank you for sharing this beautiful craft and card with you…

Paula x x x

41. Leanne says:

Jerri
    Your parchment cards are always so beautiful. Loving this one as well. Looks like a lot of work went into this one?
    Hugs…Leanne