Apr 23 2014

Fantasy Lace Work Parchment Card

Good Wednesday morning ladies, today I have a parchment card to share with you.

This design is from Anneke Oostmeijer’s Delightful Designs book. The design is worked on regular parchment paper, caramel parchment paper was inserted inside the card.

A close up of the white work. Techniques used include: tracing with mapping pen, embossing, perforating, stippling and cutting. Due to the transparency of the parchment paper it’s hard to photograph the depth of the colors with the sunshine behind it. I like to take pictures of the cards on a flat service to show the intensity of the colors. Learning parchment craft is not difficult, but it does take some practice. If you’re interested in picking up a new craft, or getting back into it, I have some tutorials listed in the left side of my blog entitled Parchment Tutorials. Click on the link and you’ll be directed to the tutorials. There are seven different technique books involved. I have posts on each of the books (see Parchment Tutorials on left side bar), giving descriptions of what’s in the books, as well as some pictures of my completed designs from the lessons teaching that particular technique. To get started I would suggest purchasing the parchment kit, a mapping penTinta white ink, and the parchment DVD. The DVD illustrates the techniques and goes hand-in-hand with the seven technique books. I sell the Technique Books in my store.

A beautiful card that fits with most any occasion.  This design is relatively easy and quick to make for a parchment card.

Thank you so much for stopping by today, I hope to be back later in the week . . . hope to see you then!

Supplies used:

Pergamano’s book by Anneke Oostmeijer, Delightful Designs

PaperRegular parchment paper, caramel parchment paper

InksTinta white, gold

Embossing Toolssmall ball, large ball, extra large ball, shader .8, shader 1.0

Perforating Tools: 1-needle bold, 2-needle

Misc.Mapping Pen, white pencil

33 Responses to “Fantasy Lace Work Parchment Card”

1. Oh my this is stunning. gorgeous work!

2. Leanne says:

Jerri
    This is just beautiful and looks like loads of work even though you said it was quick and easy. Anyone receiving this is surely to cherish it. I know I would. I probably would frame it. To pretty to put away and forget.
    Hope your having a fantastic week.
    Paper hugs….Leanne

3. Jan Castle says:

Unbelievable…this is sooooooo pretty and really looks complicated!
    Hugs,

4. Cathy Hughes says:

Glad you are back and creating wonderful projects again….we missed you! I am staring at my books waiting for a quiet moment to begin.

Wowza!!!! That is fabulous!!! You know I adore the whitework, and this is a gorgeous example of it. The touch of gold adds a bit of elegance to the whitework. But what a fabulous card you have created here!
    Jerri, for the gold do you prefer the Tinta Gold, or the Tinta Special Gold? Can you explain the difference of these two inks? I’ve been working with the Special, but don’t know why, or if I should be using the other…
    Thanks in advance, Dear One!

6. Kristine Vencel says:

Love the caramel color. So rich & warm. The design is unlike anything I’ve seen before. Gorgeous!

Hi Terri, You wow me again!! Great work as always!! Wish I could do the parchment card as nice as yours!! Wishing thinking……….again!! My hands are not as artsy as yours!! Well!! At least I got a great treat for my eyes today! Thanks for sharing your elegant work of art!!……Anne

8. Rebekka K says:

wow & wow.. This is just stunning. I would like to try this one day.

9. Jan Marie says:

Jerri this beautiful, I really want to be much better so I keep practicing and hopefully I’ll be good enough so I can show you what I have learnt. Keep inspiring we and all other stampers.
    Jan Marie

10. Trish Verner says:

Another gorgeous masterpiece. TFS
    Hugs,
    Trish xx

11. Phil says:

So lovely Jerri. The color backing is yummy. A wonderful card.

Good Wishes

Phil

Easy and quick? Maybe for you, the queen of parchment 😉 Another luscious card Jerri. Thank you very much for sharing your lovely creations with us. Jess

Jerri, This is gorgeous. What amazing detail and I love the caramel paper inside showing through the white. This will be a wonderful gift for someone.

14. Sheila - UK says:

Hi Jerri,
    Oh dear me I wish I had a really special word to describe the beauty of your parchment work today as once again it blew me away. I love the caramel colour with the white. You truly have a wonderful gift for designing cards Jerri. I’m just so pleased that you are back sharing that gift with us.
    Take care.

Love Sheila xx

15. dottie says:

These parchment cards are in a league of their own as we rarely see them anymore. I absolutely love the rich, warm coffee color. Your craftsmanship is impeccable; so much detail in this style. If I tried this I’m afraid that my hand would slip up and there would be a long white line….after hours of work! Its beautiful, Jerri.

16. Another masterpiece, Jerri!! Very well done, my friend. Bravo!!

Hugs,
    Vickie

Jerri, another stunning card. Love the oval shape. As someone else said, pretty enough to frame. Just gorgeous.
    Hugs
    Joan

18. Barbara R. says:

Gorgeous. So elegant, as all your work is. The soft colors only add to the beauty of this piece. My experience with parchment art has not been good (I took a class once, and kept ripping the paper), so I am afraid to try again. However, your lovely work may make me pick up the tools once again.

Thanks for sharing. I look forward to all your lovely work.

19. Becky Jo says:

WOW! Love this one! You did a fabulous job as always. Love the design and the colors of this piece. Your photographs do show the detail and the color of things nicely. TFS Hugs!!

Jerri, your white-work is breathtaking. And it’s something that simply can’t be recreated by any reliable means (other than this exquisite but labor intensive process). Such a labor of love…. and so lovely!

21. Carol says:

Jerri, another drop-dead, gorgeous card! I just don’t know how you do it and then say it is easy & doesn’t take much time. Would you tell me exactly which book would be a good starter book to purchase if I want to try my hand at parchment cards? I understand the items you mentioned are key to begin parchment art, however, which of the books you sell would be a good one to buy after you have the basics? Thank you for sharing your beautiful art!

22. Beautiful, I love that caramel color for the background, with a pastel behind it, it could pass for a Gorgeous decorated egg for Easter :)

23. Gloria says:

Hi, Just wondering what you would suggest for tools to buy for someone just starting out with parchment crafts

24. Marilyn in E ~Town says:

Quite impressive! Your cards are always just breath taking! You say this technique is easy to learn, but by the looks of these cards, they look so dainty, delicate and precise!!! I so love looking at them, thank you so much for a wonderful blog to follow!

25. Oh, my, delicate and lovely! I can’t imagine it being easy with all that cut work but when you love what you do it is a relative term. Just look how pretty it is sitting there with the flowers so beautifully displayed. Gorgeous, Jerri!

26. Joyce B. says:

This is just drop dead beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

27. Cec says:

This is exquisite and has such lovely detail. I can just picture it as a frame for a vintage photo – maybe even one of Lilly Elsie :)
    Hugs!
    Cec

28. Debbie Dunham says:

Absolutely gorgeous!

29. Paula Gale says:

This is simply beautiful Jerri, as are all your designs. You are very talented at this craft. Always look forward to seeing what you have created.

Paula xx

30. Carol Southern says:

Another stunning parchment card, beautiful, beautiful work.
    I’ve missed a few of your posts recently and there has been some gorgeous cards there.
    Such a pleasure to come and see your work.

31. Donna Ellis says:

Oh! This looks like a cameo broach of carved and treated ivory, and a cross of gorgeous laces which have been carefully woven together – Such a beautiful art your parchment is, Miss Jerry. Your techniques have only grown more detailed and lovely! thanks for sharing!

32. Carolen says:

Speechless!

33. Chelsea Le says:

Jerri, ever time I see your parchment cards I’m always speechless! How? What? Huh? lol I’m blown away yet again! Absolutely stunning!