May 27 2014

Prima Annalee and Petaloo Blooms

Good morning sweet blog friends, today I have a card to share that I made using Prima’s Annalee collection of designer papers, together with Petaloo Fuchsia blooms and small yellow flowers I made with Spellbinder’s Dahlia dies.

It’s been rainy and overcast, I’m sorry to say I wasn’t able to get good shots with natural lighting and I intensely dislike using flash. The pictures have either a blue or yellow cast to them. One of these days, I’ll get to some photography classes.

I love the pop of color the fuchsia blooms provide. I used the new Petaloo Fuchsia Blooms and Petaloo Fuchsia Mini’s that The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store recently got in the store. I’m so in love with these beautiful flowers. The Petaloo blooms are made of thin mulberry paper, making for exceptionally realistic flowers.

Petaloo flowers are simply gorgeous. I took this close up to give you a closer look at the edges of the petals. I’ve got to learn that technique!

I love the Annalee designer papers from Prima! If you like the collection, head over to the store, Sharon only has a few left. I added a couple of Darsi Bruno’s Shabby Chic Pink collection of stick pins, I think they are a beautiful compliment to this design. Spellbinder’s Fancy Lattice was placed under the butterflies, along with cheesecloth that I dyed with Scattered Straw Distress Ink. (All shopping links are provided at the bottom of the post.)

I made the small yellow flowers with Spellbinder’s Dahlia dies, size #2. I sponged Scattered Straw onto the flowers and spritzed with water. I pierced holes in the flowers’ centers and adhered stamens. Glass beads were adhered to the larger butterfly, as well as to the card.

That’s it for today peeps. I’m so happy you stopped by to visit! I’ll be back soon with another design to share.

Supplies used in this design:

PaperPrima’s Annalee Collection – Stamp Simply Ribbon Store; Stampin’ Up! Rose Red

Dies: Spellbinder’s Dahlia Dies, Fancy LatticeStamp Simply Ribbon Store

Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink – Walnut Stain, Scattered Straw, More Mustard, Peeled Paint, Worn Lipstick, Festive Berries – Stamp Simply Ribbon Store

RibbonOlive Seam Binding, Crochet Lace – Stamp Simply Ribbon Store

ButterfliesChelsea’s CreationsPretty Little Stamps

Accessories: Petaloo Fuschia Blooms, Petaloo Mini’s Fuschia, Mini Misters, Sponge Daubers, 3D Foam Squares, Zutter’s Distrezz-it-All, Shabby Chic Collection, Darsi’s Stick Pins – Stamp Simply Ribbon Store; Stamens – Michael’s; Scor It, Evolution and Revolution die cutting machines, Genesis Paper Trimmer, Zip Dry, Crafter’s Pick Ultimate Adhesive, Glass Beads, Cheesecloth, Small Butterfly Punch, Susan’s Garden Leaves

20 Responses to “Prima Annalee and Petaloo Blooms”

Love this shabby chic card of yours!! So many things to take in and yet it feels like they belong to each other!! A great and gorgeous card, Jerri!!

Jerri,

I love your use of multiple layers and textures and vivid, bold colors paired with soft and delicate touches. How you pull all of it together is your creative genius. It makes the card come alive.

I tend to use textiles very liberally on both cards and scrapbook pages so for me, it is heartwarming and inspiring to see how you incorporate laces and netting and other materials in your work.

The size of the flowers and weight of heavy lace make most of these cards very difficult to give using traditional envelopes. I tend to make coordinating boxes to put them in when I want to give them to someone and especially when I need to mail them. How do you handle this with your cards?

Cathy

3. Monica says:

Wow Jerri, another great card, simply amazing.
    Monica

4. Sheila - UK says:

Hi Jerri,
    WOW! What a wonderful rainbow of gorgeousness to cheer us up on a dreary morning (Yes it’s raining in the UK too….nothing new there then! Lol!) Managed to find all the range of Petaloo over here for when I don’t have time make beautiful blooms like yours. Hope the weather soon cheers up for you Jerri.

Love Sheila xx

What a gorgeous creation. I love those Petaloo blooms.

6. Beautiful, love the way you arranged your card and the tucking of the corner flowers is a neat touch, very sweet!

7. Kristine Vencel says:

Jerri, I just love your use of flowers. They appear to be growing right where you place them! Gorgeous!

8. Cecilia Reyes says:

I love the flowers in this card, they combine beautifully with your paper and that tiny butterflies are beautiful, and the bigger one with micro pearls is so adorable. Thanks for sharing.

9. Greetings Jerri, what a beautiful card and so many pretty things to admire and look at. I like the white butterfly it makes the card to delicate. Your cards are astounding and I’m so thankful you are creating again. Blessings in Christ, Sherrie

10. Joyce B. says:

Soo pretty. Thank you creative lady.

11. Carolyn T. says:

Absolutely gorgeous! The flowers look real.

OOoooh! How beautiful!! I love how the flowers are peeking from under the paper in the upper left corner. And the cheesecloth adds so much texture and whimsy. Beautiful! Adjectives fail me…
    Thank you so very much for sharing your beautiful art with us!!

13. Gorgeous card, thanks for the tutorials on the flowers also. They are a great help!

14. CherylQuilts says:

Oh, Jerri, these are gorgeous! I just…well…drool over them! I love the beautiful papers with them as well, and you make the most elegant and lovely cards! Hugs, sweet friend!

15. bethann d says:

another stunner. I am always wowed by your projects.

16. LindaMar says:

Good morning, Jerri!
    So pretty! I like the use of mulberry paper for the flowers, they really are realistic looking!

17. Leanne says:

Oh so pretty Jerri. Another gorgeous and stunning card. Yes those Prima papers sure are lovely. Been gone for a while and just now starting to catch up with my favorite blogs.
    Hugs….Leanne

18. Debbie Dunham says:

All I can say is wow! Beautiful!

19. Another swoonworthy creation, and, oh, how I love fuchsias! Your colors are beautiful and all the details keep me looking and looking… If only my bad photos were this good. I think it’s lovely, Jerri!

20. […] used the small flowers in this design. Click here to see the full post with this […]