Jun 10 2014

Hello Friend

Hello friends, I have a lovely card to share with you today. This card has a definite classic “vintage” feel to it without feeling “dated”. Roses are ageless and I always tend to “fall back” on them. I truly love the shades I was able to create with Worn Lipstick Distress Ink.  I didn’t want the roses all one color so I varied them from light to dark. I also “fell back” on some classic dies  .  .  . dies I never grow tired of. Spellbinder’s Mega Classic Ovals truly are a classic and are perfect for this design.

I’ve provided this side view of the focal bouquet in the design to show you how I layered all of the elements. I used Spellbinder’s Rose Creation dies to make the roses and added a hint of Prima’s Mountain Lily Cotton Candy small flowers and tendrils.

I selected several papers from Graphic 45’s Botanical Tea papers, both the 8 x 8 and the 12 x 12 paper pads. I used Zutter’s Distrezz-It-All for all distressing and applied Vintage Photo Distress Ink around all edges of the papers.

A few of the smaller roses and leaves are tucked into the upper right corner.

For balance, I also tucked a few of the smaller roses and leaves into the lower left corner. I really like how the leaves photographed in this picture. I brayered the leaves with More Mustard Distress Ink and then brayered over that with Peeled Paint Distress Ink and sponged in a hint of Forest Moss. I spritzed the leaves with water and let the colors run together and dry. Using a toothbrush, I splattered Walnut Stain Distress Ink to get the brown specks.

These papers coordinate so well. I love the pink stripes, I used the striped paper on the front of the card as well under all of the layers.

I stitched around the Mega oval, distressed the edges and sponged with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.

I tucked brown twine into the flower arrangement, as well as placed gorgeous seam binding into the side of the floral arrangement. I used Baby Pink seam binding tinted with Worn Lipstick Distress Ink to match the ribbon to the flowers.

I wrapped linen cord several times around the middle layer for added texture.

I hope you’ve enjoyed the card, I made the pictures extra large in this post so that you can see the beautiful Botanical papers.

I’ll be back Friday with the final Dahlia tutorial that shows how I made these flowers.

Thank you so much for stopping by to visit today, I so appreciate all the sweet love you leave  .   .   .  until next time  .   .   .   .

Products Used In This Design:

Paper: Graphic 45 – Botanical Tea – Stamp Simply Ribbon Store; Nut Brown Card Stock

Dies: Spellbinders – Mega Classic Scalloped Ovals – A Touch of Grace – Paper Boutique; Mega Classic Ovals, Rose Creations – The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store; Susan’s Garden Leaves

Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Inks – More Mustard, Peeled Paint, Forest Moss, Walnut Stain,Vintage Photo, Worn Lipstick – The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store

Ribbon: Baby Pink Seam Binding, Brown Twine, Linen Cord – The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store

Accessories: Sponge Daubers, Mini Misters, Bow Easy, Distrezz-It-All, Prima Mountain Lily Cotton Candy – The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store; Glimmer Mist, Chipboard, Sewing Machine, Zip Dry Adhesive, Crafter’s Pick Ultimate Glue, Revolution and Evolution Die Machines, Scor-It, Genesis Paper Trimmer

33 Responses to “Hello Friend”

1. […] Find Jerri’s blog post with more photos and more detail here. […]

2. Jocelan says:

Jerri this card is so beautiful,your talent is outstanding.
    Blessings Jocelan

OOOOOoooO! So fabulous and flower-y! This is such a lovely work of art! Every detail is perfect. Even the leaves are realistic!! It is these touches which distinguish your art from the rest of the pack. Absolutely fabulous. Thank you for sharing it with us, Jerri.

4. Jan Castle says:

Breathtakingly beautiful Jerri!!!

5. AnnieC says:

Oh my goodness, this is absolutely stunning Jerri. You are so talented!
    Hugs Annie

Another lovely vintage and flower card…….love it !!! No one is tired of seeing your work….they are very inspiring indeed!!

7. danielle says:

ouhaaa ! magnifique !!!

I just received the Botanical Tea 8×8″ last week and love the patterns and designs. Thanks for the inspiration with your gorgeous card. The roses are wonderful and this is such a wonderful layout. I especially love the curled corner on the top left. I may have to check out the distress-it-all. As always I am always intrigued with your creative and beautiful work. Hugs!

9. Sheila - UK says:

Hi Jerri,
    Well words fail me as today’s card is truly a masterpiece…just like a gorgeous painting! A classicly stunning card….a Touch of Grace!!
    Thank you for sharing your masterpieces with us, I feel so priveleged to be able to see them.

Love Sheila xx

10. dottie says:

Jerri, you have hit the perfect matching colors with the Botanical Tea papers in the flowers and ribbon with the result being spectacular!I love the striped paper in the background; it really anchors the whole layout. Very pretty and feminine.

11. Grace N says:

Jerri this is soooo scrumptious! I love all your beautiful flowers and how you have arranged them! The papers are truly gorgeous and I love your roses and leaves, especially tucked in to the corners! The bird cage is a beautiful addition as well!!! Your cards are just so beautiful… a true touch of grace!!!

Hi Jerri, what a gorgeous card. I always love seeing others make these, I never make them! The biggest problem I have is that it must be useful. And it can’t cost more than one stamp to send. The only time I make a card with lots of layers is if I send it in a package. But, as I said, yours is a spectacular riot of color and joy. TFS, hugs, Jess

13. Barbara R. says:

What a beautiful card!!! The flowers are awesome, both in color and design. Love the vintage look to this card also. Your work is flawless and your design eye is superb!!!

14. Holly B says:

Good morning Jerri, Just wanted to stop by and let you know I think your cards is gorgeous !! I love Graphic 45 paper too and your flowers are beautiful !! Thank you for sharing your card today…

15. Carolyn T. says:

The deminsion to your flowers never cease to amaze me. Gorgeous card!

16. Darlene G says:

Absolutely gorgeous.

17. CherylQuilts says:

Oh, Jerri, what beauty! And it’s no “old fashioned” in the least! Your flowers always delight, and I’m eager to see the tutorial for the beautiful yellow dahlias! Hugs, sweet friend…and thanks for a refreshing view of beauty!

18. Oh my this is absolutely Gorgeous, love bird cages and your papers and flower arrangement with it is just lovely, look forward to your next tutorial :)

19. Stunning Jeri, as always. The small roses in the corners and the linen cord idea is beautiful. I always enjoy seeing your creations show up in my mail box. Blessings, Sherrie

20. Cec says:

This is shabby loveliness at its best. I adore your flowers as always and the layout and distressing are fantastic.
    Hugs!
    Cec

21. Rebekka K says:

wow.. What a gorgeous card! Love those beautiful flowers, you always pick just the right colors and design paper. Gorgeous inside and out :).. Have a great weekend.

22. Kristine Vencel says:

Do so love to see all the layers you create on your cards, Jerri. You are so wonderful at showcasing the layers in your photographs. I can’t help but study every tiny detail I can possibly find! Thank you!

23. Oh this is so sweet and pretty…and again what lovely flowers you make…I haven’t made any yet…had surgery on my hand so waiting for it to heal…didn’t have the strength to make them…tfs

24. Cecilia Reyes says:

The botanical paper flowers are beautiful, but yours are beyond that beauty. I love all the shades of the flowers, the exquisite arrangment of the bouquet and the cage & bird. Extremely feminine and delicate card, thanks fot the inspiration.

25. Debbie Dunham says:

Wow! wow! WOW! Stunning card! The roses are beautiful and the paper goes so well with them. You have so much talent!

26. Be still my heart! The distressed edges and bodacious blooms are just totally gorgeous. I love all the texture it adds to this wonderful card!

27. Patty says:

This card is stunning! I love the colors
    You are so talented!

28. Chelsea Le says:

There are so many lushes layers on this beautiful card Jerri. The way the paper is tilted with the curled edges and the flowers tucked underneath … ahhh … beautiful design. Of course your handmade flowers make your card a unique piece of art!

29. Linda Taylor says:

Your work is so beautiful. I appreciate seeing all the different techniques. I just learned how to do altered canvas and I can just see a paper with curled edges one one. Thank you again!

30. […] have the companion card to the Hello Friend card that I’m posting today. I’ve taken a picture of the two cards together and have to […]

31. diane says:

What lovely details and design.

Hugs Diane

32. 905lovestostamp says:

CANNO WAIT to see your tutorial on how you created your flowers, for they are absolutely spectacular, SO realistic!!! 😉 What artistry you have!!! I’m thrilled that I discovered you and your floral tags, I look forward to checking out what you have created on a regular basis. How you have blessed me by sharing these floral masterpieces!!! WOW, what talent do you possess! I look forward to learning from you further with future posts, how excited am I!!!

Blessings, Joanne

33. 905lovestostamp says:

CANNOT WAIT to see your tutorial on how you created your flowers, for they are absolutely spectacular, SO realistic!!! :) What artistry you have!!! I’m thrilled that I discovered you and your floral tags, I look forward to checking out what you have created on a regular basis. How you have blessed me by sharing these floral masterpieces!!! WOW, what talent do you possess! I look forward to learning from you further with future posts, how excited am I!!! :)

Blessings, Joanne