Jun 26 2014

Loving Thoughts

Hi peeps, I’ve been working on a few parchment cards that I’ll soon be sharing with you. I haven’t had a chance to post for a few days. I’ve missed you!

I recently received an order from The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store had couldn’t wait to play with my new Die D-Lites dies from Spellbinders. I adore this birdcage .  .  . it was so much fun playing with it! Since I’ve been so busy playing with parchment, I didn’t have time to make flowers  .  .  . sooooo .  .  . the next best thing (in my book) was to fall back on Petaloo’s gorgeous Botanical Blooms (seriously . . . my all-time favorite “go to” homemade flower replacements). Isn’t this coral color so dreamy! I used Dried Marigold Distress Ink on the little butterflies, I think they are a pretty good match. I punched them from the pink polka dot paper using a small butterfly punch.

Oh my goodness . . . this is one seriously huge photo . . . WOW! Look at the edges of the flower’s petals, isn’t that so gorgeous, exactly why I fell in love with these flowers. I’ve been (unsuccessfully) trying to duplicate that “look” on my flowers. Kaisercraft’s cream lace is soft and perfect for this design. I’ll be placing another order soon, I have to have it in natural . . . this stuff is fabulous to work with! The other ribbons in the package are absolutely gorgeous. I also included smidgens of cheesecloth here and there (so love to incorporate it into my designs). The cording is called Scrapper’s Spool from Karen Foster, I like to include a bit of whimsy as well. And don’t you just love those stamens peeping out from the bottom. They came on one of the flowers in the Petaloo Mini’s yellow package, I cut the flower away and used the stamens.

To give the birdcage dimension, I wrapped it around a bottle to gently shape the frame, I then adhered the two bottom side scrolls to the card. Kaisercraft Pearls were used liberally on the cage and background papers.

A sentiment from JustRite’s Vintage Filigree Fancies was stamped on the inside. I sponged Frayed Burlap Distress ink on the panels.

Frayed Burlap was applied to pretty much all edges of everything on the card, including the bird cage. I used the Zutter Distrezz-It-All to distress the edges of the panels. The rose leaf from Spellbinder’s Foliage dies looks smashing with these flowers, don’t you think! And since I didn’t make the flowers, this card was quick to pull together. A very pretty card to give to a dear friend for pretty much any occasion.

Thank you so much for stopping by to visit today, I so appreciate all the sweet love you leave  .   .   .  until next time  .   .   .   .

Products Used In This Design:

Paper: Prima Fairy Rhymes and Something Blue – Stamp Simply Ribbon Store; Stampin’Up! Kraft Card Stock

Stamps: JustRite Vintage Filigree Fancies – Stamp Simply Ribbon Store

Dies: Spellbinders – Die D-Lites Bird Cage Two, Foliage, Antique Frames and Accents – Stamp Simply Ribbon Store

Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Inks – More Mustard, Peeled Paint, Forest Moss, Walnut Stain, Frayed Burlap, Dried Marigold – The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store

Ribbon: Kaisercraft Cream Lace Pack, Cheesecloth – The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store

Flowers: Petaloo’s Botanical Blooms (coral), Floral Ephemera (coral), and Floral Mini’s (ivory and yellow) – Stamp Simply Ribbon Store

Accessories: Sponge DaubersMini MistersBow EasyDistrezz-It-All, Kaisercraft Pearls (pearl) – The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store; Sewing Machine, Zip Dry Adhesive, Crafter’s Pick Ultimate Glue, Revolution and Evolution Die Machines, Scor-It, Genesis Paper Trimmer; Scrapper’s Spool (tawny) – A Touch of Grace – Paper Boutique

29 Responses to “Loving Thoughts”

1. Marilyn in E ~Town says:

Gorgeous! Love the colors, so refreshing. Once again you flowers are quite impressive!!! Can’t wait to see all your creations with your new supplies!!!

2. Hi Jerri, WOW this is stunning!! I especially like that dimensional bird cage. Great idea to use the bottle to make it stand out. Your beautiful elements are fabulous and how they add life to this beautiful card. Thanks for sharing this great card.

Fabulous!!! That is just so fabulous!!! I’ve been missing your posts and am so delighted to have one to enjoy this week (not very patient, am I!) This is just so summery and romantic. I love how you did the bird cage! What an inspiration you are!

4. Sue K (Australia) says:

Totally gorgeous Jerri, very similar to one I just made my friend for her birthday – not as good as yours of course!!!! Beautiful job (as always)

5. Sheila - UK says:

Hi Jerri,
    I missed you too!…. and todays card is another stunning creation. I love the birdcage and the way you have shaped it….oh and the colours are so very pretty. The way you add the cheese cloth and the lace is another lovely dimension. All brought together makes a fabulous work of art. Have a lovely weekend.

Love Sheila xx

6. […] Find Jerri’s post with more photos and commentary here. […]

Jerri, your flowers are once again…..gorgeous! This is an exquisite project.

8. dottie says:

Very lovely! Love every element. The bitty pieces of raveled cheesecloth add their own unique touch.

Hi Jerri, Lovely card….your know I just finished a flower card (I made the flowers, heehee!) with the same color combo as your card here. So it looks pretty familiar! But of course not as pretty as yours! Anyway, I tried my best already! Yours just have that special touch! Love it….Anne

10. Donna Ellis says:

Wow! A gorgeous card, Jerri – love the tiny stitches, too, and the beautiful choice of colors. I’m sorry to have missed your recent postings – thank you for the tutorials! hugs, de

11. Darlene G says:

Oh so gorgeous. It’s always exciting to see something in my inbox from A Touch of Grace!!

12. Well I’m shock…I really thought those were your flowers….(I actually like yours better…just saying)…but this card is so pretty….I love…love…it….tfs

13. Charlene Dahlberg says:

I am still trying to catch my breath after seeing these Gorgeous creations!! The pictures are wonderful making the flowers look fresh enough to pick ! The colors, the bits of cheesecloth, and so many little special details make these some of my favorites. The list is long.

Have you received the mulberry paper yet? I am dying to order some and have been away so may have missed seeing any info on it.

14. Oh Wow is that Gorgeous, love the dimension you brought to the bird cage and the distressing with the cheesecloth is a great look, the flower arrangement is as lovely as ever!

15. CherylQuilts says:

Oh, Jerri, what a beautiful way to start my morning! What a delicate and gorgeous card with all the exquisite details! You just delight me with your beauties! Thank you for sharing them in such detail with the close-up photos! Hugs, sweet friend! Someday….(smile!).

16. Kristine Vencel says:

Gorgeous card, Jerri. Love the 3-D effect of shaping the birdcage! I can picture some flowers inside of it on another one of your cards in the future(?). I think your flowers can rival these any day!

17. Leanne says:

Another beautiful outstanding card. Love that bird cage. Flowers are exquisite! Who wouldn’t love to receive this?
    Hugs….Leanne

18. DEBBIE says:

God has blessed you with such wonderful talent!!!

Lord Bless you,

Debbie

19. Kim says:

Another stunning card, the flowers look so real….beautiful x

20. Jocelan says:

This card is made my day this morning.I so admire your talentand how you share it with us.
    Blessings Jocelan

21. Faulba Dorsett says:

Absolutely gorgeous! You never fail to delight my creative senses. I just love, love this card! I can’t wait to see what you will show us next.

22. Eunice B says:

Hello Jerri,
    You may not think your flowers turn out as good as the Prima flowers, but I think yours are much prettier. But knowing you, you will conquer making these flowers also. Lovely card and I too love the little birdcage. Take care and have a great weekend.

23. […] I have the companion card to the Loving Thoughts card I posted on Friday. The layout is a little different, as well as the floral arrangement. Apart […]

24. Charlotte H. says:

Gorgeous as always, Jerri. I was wondering… could you try and make a bougainvillea flower? I
    love these and the flower is pretty straight forward when you look at one close. Maybe you could teach us how? Just a suggestion… Thanks Jerri, for your beautiful work!

25. diane says:

Gorgeous embellishments and design.

Hugs diane

26. Chelsea Le says:

Simply stunning! I love your work!

27. Debbie Dunham says:

Absolutely stunning! I’ve never really cared for the color coral but it is starting to grow on me lol

28. Pure gorgeousness Jerri! I can see why you like those blooms so much and I love the way you made the birdcage dimensional. Hugs!