Jun 28 2014

Loving Friends

Good morning dear friends, I hope you’re enjoying your weekend so far! I’m at the beach and enjoying every relaxing moment!

Today I have the companion card to the Loving Thoughts card I posted on Friday. The layout is a little different, as well as the floral arrangement. Apart from that, I used the same products. I do love the ease of designing when using Petaloo’s Botanical Blooms.

I’ve started using a thicker thread in my sewing machine for sewing around the cards and I love it!

I stamped a sentiment from JustRite’s Vintage Filigree Fancies on the inside of the card. I placed small flowers from the Mini’s Florals (Petaloo) inside both cards, as well as a leaf from Spellbinder’s Foliage dies.

I truly love these cards, mixing the Botanical Florals is so pretty, they all coordinate so well with one another. Petaloo hit it out of the ballpark with this line! Again, I added dimension and realism to the birdcage. This photo really shows the rounded dimension well. For those of you who have followed my blog over the years, you’ll recognize the sweet little butterflies that have graced my cards for many years.

This picture best shows the darker stamens that I cut from flowers in the Mini’s Floral package (ivory). I’ve been known to swipe stamens from flowers to use in my designs, I can’t help it . . . I’m a lost cause, I love stamens!

I’m providing this picture of the two cards, side by side, so that you can see the subtle differences. The cards measure 5 1/2 x 5 1/2. They would be pretty framed and hung in a guest bath or guest bedroom.

Thank you so much for stopping by to visit today, I so appreciate all the sweet love you leave  .   .   .  until next time  .   .   .   .

Products Used In This Design:

Paper: Prima Fairy Rhymes and Something Blue – Stamp Simply Ribbon Store; Stampin’Up! Kraft Card Stock

Stamps: JustRite Vintage Filigree Fancies – Stamp Simply Ribbon Store

Dies: Spellbinders – Die D-Lites Bird Cage TwoFoliageAntique Frames and Accents – Stamp Simply Ribbon Store

Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Inks – More Mustard, Peeled Paint, Forest Moss, Walnut Stain, Frayed Burlap, Dried Marigold – The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store

Ribbon: Kaisercraft Cream Lace PackCheesecloth – The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store

Flowers: Petaloo’s Botanical Blooms (coral), Floral Ephemera (coral), and Floral Mini’s (ivory and yellow) – Stamp Simply Ribbon Store

Accessories: Sponge DaubersMini MistersBow EasyDistrezz-It-AllKaisercraft Pearls (pearl) – The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store; Sewing Machine, Zip Dry Adhesive, Crafter’s Pick Ultimate Glue, Revolution and Evolution Die Machines, Scor-It, Genesis Paper Trimmer; Scrapper’s Spool (tawny) – A Touch of Grace – Paper Boutique

31 Responses to “Loving Friends”

1. Kristine Vencel says:

So soft & sweet-stunning, as was the partner card. These soft corals & peaches are just fresh & summery! Thank you so much, Jerri! Can’t wait for the next one!

Oh! These are just sooooo fabulous!! Your artistry has really showcased the beauty of the flowers. Every detail in these cards enhances the elements you have put together. Thank you so much for sharing these two beauties with us!

Love the two cards. They are very pretty indeed! Admire your talents as always and the inspiration you give to others….Anne

4. Edna says:

Jerri, your designs and creations are always “classy” and classic, they are, as usual, beautiful.

5. Sheila - UK says:

Hi Jerri,
    As you know I adored the first card and I adore this one just as much. Subtle differences but just as stunning as it’s partner. Hope you had a lovely relaxing day on the beach. I’m off for a few days break…will be back Friday, so if you post on your blog before then I will catch up when we get back.
    Take care.

Love Sheila xx

Jerri, another gorgeous card. The flowers and birdcage are so wonderfully vintage. I love this.

7. Faulba Dorsett says:

These are exquisite and so very elegant. You are correct. They would be beautiful framed. Hope you are having fun at the beach.

8. Marilyn in E ~Town says:

WOWziers, these are two gorgeous cards! I so can visualize them framed and in a beautifully decorated bathroom!
    Jerri you are such an inspiration, thank you for your continued sharing and tutorials of these gorgeous cards!!

9. Frances says:

Beautiful creations! Love the coral tones! Hugs, Frances.

Another gorgeous card Jerri. Beautiful colors and your flower are amazing.
    hugs
    Joan

11. CherylQuilts says:

Oh, Jerri, these are both so gorgeous! Yes, this surely deserve to be framed and hung somewhere lovely! Hugs, sweet friend, and enjoy the beach!

12. Jerri, both of your cards are stunning, Works of art and of love. Thanks for sharing.

13. Jocelan says:

Another beautiful card and the person who will receive either one of these cards will be amazed at the beaut you have created,so glad you are enjoying the beach.
    Blessings Jocelan

14. Sue K (Australia) says:

What can ya say???? You’ve done it again!!!!! Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous (and I love anything with a birdcage on it!!!!). We have missed seeing your wonderful talent Jerri – so glad you are back. xx

15. Joyce B. says:

Lovely, as always.

16. Absolutely Gorgeous, love that sprinkling of the pearls all around and the colors. Seeing your bird cage is making me want to try giving dimension to mine :)

17. Lovely card Jeri. Enjoy your vacation. Blessings, Sherrie

18. A beauty Jerri! I love the touches of lace in the flowers…it’s just the right touch of romance!

19. Leanne says:

Jerri
    No matter what you do you always seems to make it beautiful. Both companion cards and flowers are a work of art. I still have a mile to go to make my flowers bloom like yours. (smiling!)
    Hope you had a great beach day?
    Hugs…Leanne

20. Jerri, great talent! You are God gifted! I think we can use these type of cards to give our special wishes to our loved one’s! What you say?

21. Chelsea Le says:

Hi Jerri, what a precious card. I love the texture/material of these flowers. They look so real, absolutely stunning flowers. Your card is full of beautiful details, the tiny butterflies add so much beauty … LOVE!

22. Donna Ellis says:

Happy Fourth, Jerri! Such a delightfully feminine card – love your floral arrangement with the lace carefully tucked inside, and the pretty foliage. Love how you have used the same sketch and elements, but created two distinct Beauties! So peaceful and fills my heart with serenity. I especially like the hint of green ink in the distressing. Thank you for sharing!

23. Debbie Dunham says:

This card is just as beautiful as it’s partner! Love it!

24. Jerri, one really has to allow themselves time to take in every delicious detail of your gorgeous cards, and that’s what I’ve done today. You know how I love the garden, and I feel as though I’ve visited a beautiful, peaceful garden in these birdcage cards. Those Petaloo flowers are so pretty. I’ve always been particularly enchanted by Petaloo flowers. The end effect is gently stunning.

25. Rebekka K says:

This is stunning Jerri! love how you did the bird cage, and the colors are so warm.

26. Leanne says:

Another show stopper Jerri. Love the color combo and that sweet die cut bird cage. That cage is now on my wish list. Again I do love your flowers.
    Hugs…Leanne

27. Another masterpiece of beauty. Wish I had your talent for this kind of designing. Like the previous commenter, I think I’m going to have to get this birdcage die. LOL Enabler! :-)

28. Sheila - UK says:

Hi Jerri
    Me again, I hope you are okay as you have been posting on your blog quite often recently and there haven’t been any posts for a while now. Just hoping you and the family are well.
    Take care

Love Sheila xx

29. Vi soriano says:

Love the colors and flowers …they look so,elegant…beautiful card.