Jul 27 2014

Spellbinders Fairies

I’ve been missing from blog land lately and have missed designing. I’ve got a lot going on with renovations, internet out for two-and-a-half weeks, tree trimming, etc. The list goes on and on . . . it’s summer and there’s a lot to be done. But, today I’m back with some really quick, adorable designs I hope you enjoy as much as I do.

I’ve been doing some shopping and want to share some insight to a few new products (at the end of the post). First, ladies, if you have daughters, granddaughters, nieces . . . or you’re just a girl at heart . . . you’ll adore Spellbinders new Fairy dies. I have all three and have been having fun with them. They are so perfect for little girl birthday parties, or a fairy afternoon “tea party” . . . let your imagination soar with these adorable little gems. The fairy pictured above, Cierra, is too cute for words. I’ve added a little fairy dust (glitter) to her wings.

There’s nothing like silk for the most beautiful bows, it’s soft and supple and a dream to work with. I adhered a flower that I made with Dahlia dies and added a couple of leaves made with the Foliage dies.

This little darling is Cali and she’s a delight! I love fairy dust and couldn’t resist adorning her wings with it. The rose was made using the pinched petal technique that I use in the Dahlia tutorials. I used Rose Creation dies for the flower, together with Foliage dies for the leaves.

Dried Marigold and Worn Lipstick are perfect colors for the rose. I used Peeled Paint, More Mustard and Walnut stain for the leaves.

And this would be my Mom’s favorite note card.  This lovely fairy is Ariana.

Again, I’ve used Rose Creations for the flower, this time I omitted using the pinched petal technique and opted for a rose with smooth petals. I love the color combination using Dusty Concord with Peeled paint, very striking!

A picture of the trio of note cards, so adorable! Incredibly quick to put together as I’m dealing with time issues of late.

Now about those new products: I’ve splurged on the Artisan Explorer and absolutely love it! I love my Revolution, but sometimes I have to make a few passes to get good cuts on the more intricate dies. With the Artisan Explorer it’s a one pass deal . . . woo hoo . . . I love it! It’s perfect for the new Die D-Lites and A Gilded Life dies and for any small die under four inches width, eight inches length (all the flower dies). The plates are about 4 x 8 and hold a lot of the smaller dies on each pass.

The next product I picked up is the Core’dinations Signature Series Graphic 45 (12 x 12). If you love Graphic 45 as much as I do, you’ll want to pick up a pad or two of the 12 x 12 size. The colors were chosen to match all of the lighter and darker colors of Graphic 45 designer paper. I used the paper on these note cards and as you can see, they are a perfect match. So easy now, no worries about whether or not the card stock I’ve selected is the right color, that saves me a lot of time searching through my stash.

And lastly, I’ve purchased several of the Die D-Lites and A Gifted Life dies and love them. I love that they’re individual dies and not sets. They are so affordable, I only purchase the die I want with no extra dies in the package I may never use.

That’s it for today, I’ll try to be back later in the week with a few other designs I made with the fairy dies.

Products Used In This Design:

Spellbinders Dies: Ariana, Cali, Sierra, Rose Creations, Foliage

Paper: Graphic 45 Sweet Sentiments, Core’dinations Signature Series Graphic 45

Ink: Dusty Concord, Peeled Paint, More Mustard, Walnut Stain, Dried Marigold, Worn Lipstick, Stormy Sky, Broken China

Ribbon: Silk Ribbon (Lavender-05; Light Blue-34; Champagne-02)

Accessories: Bow Easy, Foam Squares, Glitter, Glossy Accents, Inkssentials Blending Tool, Daubers, Artisan Explorer, Zip Dry Adhesive, 24K Gold Krylon Pen.

34 Responses to “Spellbinders Fairies”

1. […] You can find Jerri’s post with more commentary on her blog here. […]

2. AnnieC says:

Oh, Jerri these are indeed adorable and absolutely beautifully made (as always!)
    Good luck with the rest of the renovations, so disruptive but great when they are done,
    Hugs Annie x

3. Sheila - UK says:

Hi Jerri,
    So good to see you back and oh my word these three cards are so truly gorgeous and the fairies are adorable. Every thing just goes together so perfectly. Such beautiful colours too. I love every thing about them. The ribbon and flowers just bring them togeth wonderfully.
    Do hope all the renovations and tree cutting will soon be over and all will be back to normal.
    Take care.

Love Sheila xx

I am glad to see your post Jerri. Your fairy cards are all gorgeous and I love the Graphic 45 paper. Each card is so special with the matching fairy.

5. Monica says:

Hi Jerri, have been waiting for your next post, and they are beautiful cards, as always.
    Cheers Monica (Australia)

6. Trish Verner says:

Hi Jerri,
    It always cheers me when I look at any of your creations. These fairy cards are so lovely and will go a treat for anyone, not just young girls. TFS
    Hugs,
    Trish x

7. These are so pretty…love the little fairy’s….I can see why your mother love the purple one…I love it too..thanks for sharing…

8. Grace N says:

Jerri your note cards are just adorable! I always love your flowers and I do love Graphic 45 papers as well! The little fairy dies cuts are so precious with the fairy dust on them!!! I will have to check in to the new SB dies!

Thinking of you and all you have going on!!!

hugs,
    Grace

9. lisa808 says:

Gorgeous cards!!!

Hi Jerri, they are all beautiful, but the purple says wow! It just jumped out at me. TFS hugs, Jess

Hi Jerri, Looks like a lot of fun with faries in different colors. They are just adorable cards to help inspire the crafters. I like all the color combos. Thanks for sharing all your gorgeous work. Love, Anne

12. Rebekka K says:

So good to see you back. Summer is always a busy time for many of us. Your cards are just stunning, beautiful colors and beautiful design paper and those bows are to die for :). I love the little fairy’s with their gold dust.. Thanks for sharing new products too.

13. Phil(omena) from Dublin, Ireland says:

so lovely and top class cards as always

Phil

14. Charlene Dahlberg says:

Hi Jerri,

Your cards are just the perfect way to start my Monday. I just love every thing about them and know they would make anyone thrilled to get one of them. Looks like I need some of the new core’dination paper as I have a couple of these darling fairy dies. It is time to get them cut out and on a card or two.

I have not seen if you have gotten the paper in that you use to make your wonderful flowers. Do you have any idea when it will arrive?

15. dottie says:

So glad to see you back creating; I surely do understand the short time period to get outside jobs done. We only have two hands and just so many hours, so something has to be put on hold for a spell. I love to see those beautiful Graphic 45 papers continue to be used as they are truly classic. It really is inspiring to see, from time to time, the same idea on a card varied by changing colors whether for a set or sent individually. There is such a sense of accomplishment for the “Go To” stash! These fairy cards are adorable (love love love the ribbon and flowers). All of us appreciate a little take on the latest and greatest equipment out there, so thanks for sharing your impression of them!

16. Mitzi Luttrull says:

So glad to see your post this morning! I missed you! What beautiful cards! I like the cute fairy dies and your choices of colors and dp is perfect.

Wow, Jerri, these are charming cards!!! The fairies are perfect for these floral papers. You could just imagine them dancing above the flowers! You bring so much beauty to my world. Thanks so much for the inspiration!! I appreciate you taking the time to share in what sounds like a very busy summer for you!

18. Pat says:

Hi Jerri, I am so glad you found the time to post. I look forward to receiving your email. Renovations are difficult to live around at best–from experience, Hurricane Sandy, an unscheduled total renovation! I love it now that it’s done and you will too. Thank you for the inspiration, I stopped making cards, all art, after Sandy destroyed by studio and supplies. But each time I see your creations it gives me the courage to start again. Sharing your talent and beautiful spirit touches so many…especially me, in my world. Thank you.

19. meerniebug says:

It’s always such a pleasure to receive your posts. Your work is exquisite. A real treat for the eyes. Thanks Jerri. I love your cards.

20. So good to see you back, wow that is a long time to be without your internet, I don’t seem to mind when I am on vacation but when I am home I like to be able to be connected.

Your cards are just the sweetest, I love how you put sparkle on their wings, and the papers are just lovely with them!!

21. CherylQuilts says:

Oh, Jerri, these are gorgeous – each one!! The papers you’ve used is stunning, and your flowers are absolutely the most beautiful! And your bows are perfection! The fairies and how you’ve added the glitter are such lovely additions to each of these cards, and each one has her own personality!! What stunning cards, and it’s so nice you had some time to create…and share with us! I miss it, and it really made my day to see this post! Hope things settle down soon…it will be worth it, but it’s so much work in the process! Hugs, sweet friend!

22. Oh I love fairies!! I have all that paper you used and love it…although I’ve pretty much hoarded it…rarely use ANY!! We are so funny aren’t we!!??
    I love your cards, they are so very pretty!!

23. Leanne says:

I knew when you told me you were working on some fairy cards I knew they’d be absolutely drop dead gorgeous Jerri. Wow! Love the colors and those papers. The purple on is my favorite though. Each flower is so stunning and lovely bows on each one.

Thanks for sharing and also dropping by my blog with your sweet comment this week.

Paper hugs….Leanne

24. Joyce B. says:

Jerri, I have been doing the same things that you are doing. I have been under renovation since Nov. 17th of last year. My house is stacked to the ceiling with boxes that need unpacking. Have a tree that has to be removed etc. etc. and my computer has been in the hospital too. I love seeing your cards. The fairies are adorable and you sure know how to use them. Thanks for sharing.

25. Jan Castle says:

Missed your blog so much…was thinking that I was bumped off (which has happened before with a few blogs and had to resign up)…glad to see you are back!!!! Your cards are so sweet – beautifully done! TFS
    Hugs,

26. Marilyn in E ~Town says:

First off Jerri, you have been missed. Renovations are SO time consuming, we are in the middle of one too, so my re~energize is checking blogs and seeing all the beautiful creations. Love this trio of cards, there all so beautiful and nicely done!

27. Donna Ellis says:

Isn’t that the truth – especially summer in Florida? Lots of fabulous growth which definitely “takes on a life of its own”! It’s amazing how much needs to be done. We find that tree trimming is never ending, and Jack tries to do most of it in the Autumn and just as Spring emerges in March. Such a big job! Mine is to tackle most of the other plants. So glad to hear you are doing renovations. They will be amazing when completed. On to your delightful cards! Love the fairies and their glittery happiness on your beautiful cards. Thank you for sharing some great ways of using the die cuts, and making very pretty cards in the process. Please take care. hugs, de

28. Aren’t those fairies fun! The first two are so like Tinkerbell. I’m a huge Peter Pan fan so that’s why I see that. LOL Those satin bows are scrumptious and your hand made flowers are the perfect finishes. Lovely! Hugs!

29. diane says:

Absolutely beautifully.

Hugs Diane

30. Kim says:

Hi Jerri. Chin up it will all be worth it in the end! Thank you for taking time out to share. I have been looking at these fairies for a while and they look lovely….you might just have tempted me! Thank you for sharing with your busy schedule. Hugs. Kim x

31. Debbie Dunham says:

The fairies are absolutely precious and so are your cards!

32. These are so beautiful, Jerri! Just look at them together in their pretty colors — it’s like a candy shop. Love the papers and those big, gorgeous bows and the three pretty fairy die cuts! Sometimes you just have to take time for regular life. That’s a long time for the internet to be out!

33. Friv 10000 says:

Relax with the entertainment you here okay.

34. Rosie Waldt says:

Jeri: Still love these fairy cards. I have made 14 of them with the papers, the silk ribbons and flowers. One of my cousins had an 80th birthday celebration so I decided to send her the purple card (my DH also liked it the best). Took it to the post office to have it hand stamped w. $.66 postage on it and she told me I was short $1.67 – I didn’t really mind but thought *OK, I guess only special people will get the other 13*. ha. What do you mail yours in? Mine are 5 x 6 1/2 envies and I wrapped some teeny bubble wrap around the card to protect the flower. But, I do love these cards and the fairies, and the silk ribbon, and the flowers, and the paper. ha ha :) Thank you for sharing.