Jul 30 2014

Spellbinders Fairy – Cali

Published by at 10:30 pm under Birthday,Spellbinders,Thank You,Thinking of You

It seems like summer breaks are getting shorter and shorter for the kids. I saw a “back to school” commercial on TV the other night and felt so sorry for the little tykes . . . back to the grindstone so soon! Geesh . . . back in the day we got a full three months, we went back Tuesday following Labor Day vacation . . . marking the end of summer . . . those were the days!

Today I have a very simple card to share. I took a 12 x 12 sheet of Graphic 45 Secret Garden (Sweet Sentiments is another great choice) designer paper and made a tri-fold card . . . so simple. I adhered the flowers and leaves, attached a fairy and it was done. Can’t get any simpler than that! The flowers, both the roses and violets were made with Spellbinders Rose Creations dies. Can you see a hint of violet in the rose petals? So pretty, I used a hint of Dusty Concord Distress Ink.

The violets were super simple to make and fast as well. I used the two smallest dies from the Rose Creations set. I used a violet paper and darkened the edges with Dusty Concord. I spritzed the flowers with a water mist and folder them in half for a total of three times and then twisted them. I gently opened them back up before they were dry. The folds and twist put a bit of a wave to the petals. I made the violets in a big batch a few weeks ago and set them aside to use later. The roses are left over from my stash that I made months ago for Easter cards.

I attached Spellbinders Cali fairy to the card after adhering the flowers to the top flap and the card was complete.

The adhesive I used for the glitter on the wings didn’t hold the glitter well . . . live and learn . . . I switched to Glossy Accents as an adhesive for glitter, the nozzle is small, making it easy to apply.

A quick birthday card for a friend who loves fairies! Can’t beat that . . . homemade and from the heart!

I hope you’re all having a fabulous summer with your families!

Products Used In This Design:

Spellbinders Dies: CaliRose CreationsFoliage

Paper: Graphic 45 Secret Garden (Sweet Sentiments will also work, it has very similar papers)

Ink: Dusty Concord, Dried Marigold, Spiced Marmalade, Rusty Hinge, Wild Honey, Peeled Paint, More Mustard, Walnut Stain,

Accessories: Foam Squares, Glitter, Glossy Accents, Inkssentials Blending ToolDaubers, Artisan Explorer, Zip Dry Adhesive, Crafter’s Pick Adhesive

22 Responses to “Spellbinders Fairy – Cali”

1. […] You can find Jerri’s post on her blog here. […]

2. Jocelan says:

Beautiful card Jerri,another one of your great creations,love seeing them.
    Blessings Jocelan

Ooooh! Isn’t that beautiful! The cascade of flowers adorning the front is just so lush and pretty – a natural setting for a sweet fairy! Thank you so much, Jerri, for sharing this charming card!

4. Jan Castle says:

Absolutely GORGEOUS Jerri!!!!
    Hugs,

Oh my goodness. This is gorgeous Jerri. The fairy dies were made just for you.

6. Trish Verner says:

Hi Jerri,
    Beautiful fresh summery card, I like it a lot. The fairy is so well camouflaged, you have to really look to see her details and lovely sparkly wings. I have bought the rose creation die but as yet not had a play, wow, if only I could get results like yours_ I’d be well happy. TFS
    Many hugs,
    Trish x

Beautiful Jerri. Love the colors. Great job
    Joan

Gorgeous Jerri! I don’t usually don’t buy specialty dies. But these fairies are very hard to resist! And I can blame it all on your beautiful cards. 😉
    Thanks for sharing your beautiful cards. Hugs Jess

9. Nobody, I mean NOBODY, makes flowers like you Jerri. The spray on this card is incredible. I’m sure that little fairy is happy you let her live among your blooms. Gorgeous! Hugs!

10. Charlene Dahlberg says:

Absolutely GORGEOUS!! Breathtaking — really !! love it

11. I feel the same way, I remember when you knew you had all of August too, when September came you knew it was time to get ready to go back, the summer is almost halfway thru and they are talking school, everything is way too rushed anymore.

Love your gorgeous design here and how you have tucked her in amongst all the beautiful flowers!!

12. Barbara R. says:

Wow!! Absolutely stunning!!! You make the most beautiful cards. How long does the planning for your cards take you?

13. Joyce B. says:

Your flowers are just outstanding. Beautiful card. Thank you.

14. Janet Fleming says:

Hi, what a beautiful card, I found your site only recently. I live in the UK and most say your cards are lovely. I had a go at making the flowers today. Didn’t have any mulberry paper so use kitchen roll, distress inks and must say they came out ok. Managed to buy some mulberry paper today but it was purple, had another go at the flowers. Thank you.
    Jan xx

Hi Jerri , Your card is simply beautiful. The colors are intense but they do mix nicely. I can’t find faults at your card of course! They are just perfect. Have a nice weekend ahead, Anne

16. Donna Ellis says:

She is so happy, Jerri, because of your amazing floral arrangement! I’d live there, too, if I could, and would likely grow wings! LOL happiness is, visiting your blog. hugs, de

17. CherylQuilts says:

Oh, Jerri! This is stunning! I can tell that your sweet Cali is delighted to be in amongst the beautiful flowers!! What a gorgeous card, Jerri, and your flowers are exquisite! Hugs, sweet friend!

18. Leanne says:

I’m sure your girlfriend will cherish this card Jerri. The fairy is so soft and sweet placed among the bouquet of beautifully done and delicious colors of flowers. Just exquisite!
    Sweet hugs…Leanne

19. Debbie Dunham says:

Beautiful as always! Ordered some of your mulberry paper. Can’t wait to try some of your flowers!

20. Gorgeous! The flowers look real. Someday I’d love to just sit and make flowers like this, with all the spritzing and twisting and shaping. Sounds like the mulberry paper is a must have. Lucky person to receive this birthday card!

21. Friv 2 says:

I’m sure your girlfriend will cherish this card Jerri.
    Relax with the entertainment you here okay.
       Thank you. Wish you a very effective working days

22. Bobbie Collins says:

Being a newbie I got the Wonderful Locket because I likes the filigree design of the 2 dies and it was less expensive then a lot of the others. I did not realize it had a hinged feature. Now I really don’t know how to use it. After a bit of research I found your card using this die.
    Thanks for showing such a pretty example but still puzzled as how to use it.