Oct 22 2014

Twas The Night Before Christmas Notecards

Published by at 11:00 pm under Christmas,Dry Embossing,Gift Sets,Marianne Dies

Note Cards 015 copy

Good morning friends, today I have some fun, simple note cards to share that I made with Graphic 45’s Twas The Night Before Christmas designer papers. These paper pads go a long way . . . . I used the 12 x 12 paper pad for the bases of the notecards and the 8 x 8 paper pad for the card fronts. I made all the poinsettias and leaves with Christmas Mulberry paper.

Note Cards 014 copy

The Christmas mulberry paper is fun and easy to work with. Included in the mulberry pack: light and dark olive green, bright red, burgundy and a neutral cream sheet. The white stamens were purchased at Micheal’s. A corner punch was used to round the corners of the note cards.

Note Cards 013 copy

Tim Holtz Distress Inks were used on the outer edges of the cards, as well as an 18Kt Gold Krylon pen.

Note Cards 012 copy

The berries/stamens in this poinsettia were purchased at Michael’s. The holly leaves were made with the darker olive Mulberry paper.

Note Cards 018 copy

The flowers used on the note cards were left over from the Christmas card and tags I posted earlier this month using the Graphic 45 Twas The Night Before Christmas designer papers. These note cards are fast and simple to put together and perfect to attach to Christmas gifts or use as place cards at the dinner table.

Thank you for stopping by today, I so appreciate your visit.

Products used on this design:

Dies:  Marianne Poinsettia Dies

Paper:   Mulberry Paper – A Touch of Grace-Paper BoutiqueGraphic 45 Twas the Night Before Christmas – 6 x 68 x 812 x 12 – The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store

Ink:  Tim Holtz – Forest Moss, Festive Berries – The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store

Accessories: Crafters Pick Ultimate Adhesive, Inkssentials Blending ToolGlue Dots,  – Stamp Simply Ribbon Store; Zip-Dry Adhesive, Scor Pal, Glue Dots, Genesis Paper Trimmer

20 Responses to “Twas The Night Before Christmas Notecards”

1. Marion in the UK says:

Place cards! What a great idea. I love the”traditional” Christmas colours and themes and you do ’em best Jerri. As ever – Thanks.

Marion in the UK

2. Jocelan says:

Beautiful notecards Jerri.There is nothing like the Christmas colours as far as I’m concerned.
    Blessings Jocelan

Hi Jerri, Thanks for the great inspiration!! As always, I like the festive colors in order to have that Christmas cheers!! I am just getting older and older with Christmas coming!! :) Love……Anne

4. Maribel says:

Beautiful and a great idea. I love the gift of Kings. Kisses

5. Kristine Vencel says:

Wonderful card & tag idea. Love the simplicity of the design; I think it makes it all the richer & elegant.
    Such inspiration I receive from your ideas, Jerri. Thank you so much!
    Now I definitely need to order some Mulberry paper!

6. Love the vintage images, and the poinsettia is so beautiful. Simple but classic. x

What an adorable set of cards Jerri! I especially love the poinsettias.

8. Joyce B. says:

Another home run, Jerri. Just beautiful! Thank you.

9. Yes their packs are great for making quick cards, your flowers dress them up so well!

10. Sandy H says:

Very festive note cards! Received my mulberry paper and was so tickled to find the darker red perfectly matched the card I was working on at the time, lol. I used the white and colored it cream with my Copics and created a poinsettia; used the burgundy for my small roses. Very nice paper to work with, so happy I ordered extra packs. http://creativemomentswithsandy.blogspot.com/2014/10/cheery-lynn-designs-vintage-holiday.html

11. Dot says:

Jerri, These are so cute. Thank you so much for sharing all your work. I guess I better get started on Christmas cards as it is not that far away. My time is just flying and not sure where it is going.
    How did u make the poinsettia, was this from a die cut?
    Dot

12. Gloria Westerman says:

These are so pretty…sense I’ve been making cards I always make my Christmas gift tags…and these would be so pretty on some of my gifts this year…I’m thinking of just using Kraft paper for wrapping and putting pretty tags on them…so this is prefect inspiration….as always Jerri your the best for inspiration …thank you so much for sharing…love these…

13. Chelsea Le says:

Hi Jerri, your poinsettias are a dream! It’s the most gorgeous handmade poinsettias I’ve ever seen. Love these beautiful note cards.

14. Debbie Dunham says:

Gorgeous as always! Thanks for giving me more ideas on using the G45 paper!

These cards are lovely!! The vintage-y look reflects the best of our Christmas memories. You are so clever and artistic, Jerri. Thank you for sharing these delightful cards!

16. Great to see you stamping.

17. […] You can find Jerri’s post on her blog here. […]

18. Donna Ellis says:

How sweet, and so traditional in theme and coloring! Beautiful, Miss Jerri! We renovated our master closet this month. The next project is (unfortunately) the pool. It needs to be scraped and resurfaced, including tile. We purchased a new energy star pump and filter as well. Hopefully this will be completed by next month. It will be a dusty mess for sure!

Thank you, always, for sharing your beautiful project designs, and inspiring my imagination. Hasn’t the weather been amazing? Hopefully it is perfect for you to finish up the gorgeous french doors (but maybe you already have?). Happiness is: visiting Jerri’s blog.

hugs,
    de

19. CherylQuilts says:

Oh, Jerri, I LOVE each one of these beautiful cards!! And your poinsettias are so gorgeous! Having received some of the these mulberry papers, I have to try one of these…with trepidation after seeing your beautiful work!! You so inspire me!! I love the beautiful and traditional Christmas papers and especially love the rounded corners, and surely they will be used a Christmas decor for years to come! Stunning each one! Hugs, sweet friend, and thanks always for sharing your exquisite work with us!!

20. Wow….sooo gorgeous, and those poinsettias are beautiful! If you strung these over bakers twine, they’d make a fabulous banner!