Oct 26 2014

Parchment Pink Flower

Graphic 45 & Parch Cards 006 copy

Hi Sweet Friends! I hope your weekend was spent in joy and laughter with family and friends. It was absolutely gorgeous here in Tampa! While it is Fall, it feels more like Spring, which enticed me to think of glorious Spring flowers.

I painted this pink rose about a month ago and am finally getting around to taking photos and blogging it. The card is for a dear friend’s birthday and I am very late. The design is from a designer that I absolutely adore. Hiskia Wittenaar is an amazing artist with several books published, as well as magazines. This design is from her book, Art of Nature. The book contains 24 beautiful designs. I plan on completing the entire book, so many gorgeous designs to choose from.

Graphic 45 & Parch Cards 007 copy

The card is made of regular parchment paper with a Salmon Pink parchment insert. Using a mapping pen, I traced the borders with Tinta white ink. The painting was done with Pintura acrylic paints with a Pergamano #2 Kolinsky paint brush. I perforated (shallow) around the borders with a semi-circle perforating tool for the outer border and a 3-needle tool for the inner border. I used an extra fine embossing ball to emboss around the 3-needle perforations and the semi-circles. I used a small ball embossing tool to emboss the leaves and both the large and small ball embossing tools for the flower petals.

Once the embossing was complete, I perforated (deep) a second time around the borders using the same perforating tools. I cut around the borders with parchment scissors. The painted rose panel was adhered to the card with Perga Glue. I cut the Salmon Pink insert according to the pattern and inserted it within the card, abutting it to the fold line.

If you’re interested in parchment craft, please drop me a line, I’d be happy to advise you on getting started.

Thank you so much for stopping by today, I so appreciate your visits.

Jerri Siggy2

Supplies Used:

Paper:  Regular Parchment Paper, Salmon Pink Parchment

Book:  Art of Nature

Perforating Tools:  Semi-Circle; 3-Needle

Embossing Tools:  Fine Stylus, Extra Fine Ball, Small Ball, Large Ball

Paints:  Pintura Purple, Bordeaux, Yellow Ochre, Cinnamon; Green, Light Green

Accessories:  White Pencil; Mapping Pen, #2 Kolinsky Paint Brush, Embossing Pad, Shallow Perforating Pad, Deep Perforating Pad, Perga Glue; Parchment Scissors, Sponge, Tear Off Palette

21 Responses to “Parchment Pink Flower”

1. Marilyn in E ~Town says:

Absolutely stunning! I just love all your parchment cards, there so eye catching to me. To me there’s something romantic or ‘love’ to me. When retire I plan on giving this technique a try. Thank you for always sharing your beautiful creations, I’m so glad I found your blog!!
    Enjoy your week.

2. Marion says:

More beauty from my favourite parcher. Your colouring is exquisite Jerrii. Your friend will be thrilled! Hey-ho it’s worth getting older to receive a card such as this.

Marion in the UK

Hi Jerri, Your parchment work is always so stunning & adorable!! Can’t find words to describe it. Just love it!

Have a great week ahead,
    Anne

4. Wow this is so delicate and elegant. Just gorgeous!!

5. Stunningly elegant. The leaves look so real you feel can actually pick them up. Beautiful x

What a gorgeous, delicate and elegant card Jerri. I love this!

Wow Jerri, another beauty. I always love to read your ‘how to’s’ . Today is a new. Tool for my brain to wrap itself around. The semi-circle tool. Interesting.
    As always thank you for sharing your talents with us. Big hugs, Jess

8. CherylQuilts says:

Oh, Jerri, this is exquisite and beyond delicate! I just love to look at the beautiful, fine details of this gorgeous card! Your flower is so beautifully colored, my friend, and the borders you’ve achieved are stunning and look like fine embroidery/tatting edges! Thank you for sharing this beautiful piece with us and some of the techniques you used. Obviously, one important part of this card is great patience and attention to fine detail! Hugs, sweet and amazing friend!

9. Debbie Dunham says:

Absolutely stunning!

10. Joyce B. says:

Absolutely beautiful! I have not gotten into this type of paper crafting but I sure enjoy the beauty of it. Thank you for sharing. Love it.

11. Gloria Westerman says:

Jerri this is so beautiful!!! Wish I was on your birthday list…LOL I’m sure you friend will forgive you when they receive this…a labor of love for sure…thank you for sharing this….I still wish you would do videos….hugs to you…

12. Donna Ellis says:

such softness and femininity personified in this gorgeous creation, Jerri! Love your painting, and the pretty “framing” – it belongs on a Victorian dressing table! hugs, de

13. Kristine Vencel says:

Gorgeous design! Your painting looks just like fine porcelain china!

14. Oh my that is absolutely Gorgeous, your painting is just wonderful and love the shape of the card!!

15. Jan Castle says:

Drop,dead GORGEOUS a Jerri – As always, your creations are exceptional!!!!!! I look forward to getting your blog, and today it is like a birthday present a day early! Your friend will love getting the real thing and display it proudly I’m sure!
    Hugs,

Oh, Jerri. This is just gorgeous. Fabulous. I’m having trouble choosing an adjective! The delicate parchment work enhances the flower in it’s simplicity. I usually like more elaborate laciness in the parchment work, but with this lovely flower, I think less is more. Beautiful artistry and balance and just everything!

17. Leanne says:

Well, I’m a little late in peeking at your blog and seeing your beautiful parchment card Jerri. However, even if your a tad late getting it out to your girlfriend she will be pleased and cherish this anyways. Just elegant!
    Hugs….Leanne

18. Oh my I’ve missed your parchment creations. This is so beautifully delicate. You are so blessed in your talent Jerri. Thanks for sharing this beauty. hugs!

19. Rufus says:

Stunning, delicate, exquisite and just plain wow. Always so wonderful to look at. While I love to craft, you name it I’ve probably at least tried it…I don’t think that I’d have the patience or exacting attention to detail required to create such a truly lovely piece of art. I sure love to see the finished product when you do it! You’re friend is going to treasure this. Thanks for sharing it with the rest of us as well!
    R/

20. Carol Pinkey says:

Oh my! No words can describe the beauty of this card. You always amaze Jerri!

21. How beautiful! Your coloring is amazing! A very fine work of art.