Oct 29 2014

Graphic 45 – A Time To Celebrate

Are you getting the impression that I absolutely adore Graphic 45 papers? I have to admit I have an addiction to them. Isn’t this a fabulous wedding card! These were my wedding colors . . . where was Graphic 45 back in 1983?? I recently received Graphic 45’s A Time to Celebrate designer papers. When I order the papers, I order all three size paper pads, I like the 6 x 6 pads solid colors, they’re perfect for layering panels. I like both the 12 x 12 and 8 x 8 pads for the different size image options. Sometimes I need a smaller image and sometimes I want the larger image, it just depends on the design. I don’t like getting started on a design and not having an option of which size I wish to use on the design.

I had to take a picture with this gorgeous green silk background, it’s so pretty with the greens in the card. I used the cream mulberry paper in the colored paper pack for the roses and tinted them with Dried Marigold Distress Ink. The leaves were also made with the green mulberry paper in the colored mulberry paper pack and tinted with Forest Moss Distress Ink.

Graphic 45 & Parch Cards 028 copy

And, of course, I had to play with it and bring in a lace background as well. May Arts lace is the perfect touch for this vintage wedding card. I used Glue Dots to adhere the lace within the flower arrangements.

Graphic 45 & Parch Cards 070 copy

Well, it’s not a secret that my favorite dies to make roses are Spellbinders Rose Creations dies and my favorite dies to make leaves for roses are the leaf dies from Spellbinders Create a rose die set. This close up shows the different sizes of the roses. To crinkle the leaves, I spritzed them with water and pinched them together with my fingers. I used Glossy Accents to adhere the petals together and Crafter’s Pick to adhere the flowers to the card.

Graphic 45 & Parch Cards 013 copy

There are several different occasions to celebrate in the paper pad, including birthdays, anniversaries, new baby, graduations and Mother’s Day.

Thank you so much for your visit, I love hearing from you!
Jerri Siggy3

Products Used:

Paper:  Graphic 45 – A Time to Celebrate – 12 x 12, 8 x 8, 6 x 6; Core’Dinations Pastels– The Stamp Stimply Ribbon Store; Mulberry Paper – A Touch of Grace-Paper Boutique

Ink:  Tim Holtz – Forest Moss, Dried Marigold – The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store

Dies:  Rose CreationsCreate-A-Rose – The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store

Accessories:  Foam SquaresMay Arts LaceCrafters Pick Ultimate Adhesive, Inkssentials Blending ToolDistrezz-It-All, Glue Dots, Glossy Accents – Stamp Simply Ribbon Store; Zip-Dry Adhesive, Genesis Paper Trimmer

27 Responses to “Graphic 45 – A Time To Celebrate”

1. WOW another stunner. Sorry I haven’t commented for a while, just been busy but I lways look. Your cards/projects are so inspirational. Have a great weekend!!

2. Jan Castle says:

Totally Awesome Jerri…delicate and sooooo vintage! Love it!
    Hugs,

3. Kristine Vencel says:

So very feminine and lovely, I can almost smell the fragrance!

1983?? The year of my wedding too!! Yeah!! Love the vintage look of the card as I gazed back 31 years ago…..where has all the time gone!! The color of my wedding was pink and white and I was totally ignorant of card making then!!! :( Love………….Anne

5. MARIBEL says:

Preciosa, hace poco fue mi aniversario de boda y la tarjeta me hace recordar un poco más ese día. Preciosa, tan romántica.

How perfectly vintage and gorgeous Jerri!

7. Phil says:

Oh so lovely. Great colour choice!!
    Good wishes
    Phil

8. Beautiful! Love the layering.

9. Anita says:

Stunning! Love the vintage look of this card. Your roses are beautiful, as always. I so much enjoy viewing your blog and seeing all of your wonderful creations.

10. […] You can find Jerri’s post on her blog here. […]

11. Becky Jo says:

Jerri, this card is beautiful! I, too, love Graphic 45 papers. I always get the smaller paper packs since I mostly make cards. I will now get several sizes. Your posts always make me think of things differently! Thanks so much for being an inspiration! Your projects are the best!!! Hugs!!

12. Donna Ellis says:

oh how BEAUTIFUL, Jerri! You had fun with this one, and I can just picture your sweet face and happy hands putting this one together! Gorgeous! hugs, de

13. Patricia A. Erickson says:

Jerri, I have a new e-mail I miss seeing your cards. I love G45 I have a lot of there paper, I miss the Ladies Diary I am glad I bought 4 sets of them. You keep us all on our toes. Thanks again.

14. DEBBIE says:

Jerri,

Once again what a Beautiful card! Those are my favorite colors, I put carpeting in one of my houses we live in up and down my stairs with those colors all Roses… It was beautiful!

Thank you so much for sharing, Lord Bess
    you with God love and mercy!!

Debbie Sparrow

15. Gretchen Wilson says:

Jerri, this is stunning, the colors, the flowers, the design and the Graphic45 paper, you are an amazing talented designer, wish I could come take classes with you.

Hugs,
    Gretchen

Oh, how gorgeous!!! Jerri!!! This is a perfect wedding card. It just shouts romance and beauty. The roses are so pretty and really compliment the paper. Thank you for sharing this beauty with us!!

17. Oh my this is just Gorgeous, those colors must have been just beautiful for your wedding, love the distressing here and your wonderful flowers and leaves, they look so real… I haven’t tried making flowers myself from the papers, too afraid I am going to ruin them, I just need to give it a try, such great inspiration to do just that :)

18. Jocelan says:

The card is stunning ,and I’m sure you were a beautiful bride since you are a beautiful person now.I sure wished you lived close to me so I could get some lessons from you.I begining to like Graghics 45 paper to.
    Blessings Jocelan

19. CherylQuilts says:

Oh, Jerri, this is an absolutely gorgeous wedding card! Oh, what wonderful colors for your wedding!! I can see you now – oh so beautiful too! I too love Graphic 45 papers, and what a great idea to get all the paper sizes given the scale…so clever! And your flowers are absolutely and completely stunning! I have that Spellbinders die and hope to some day try my hand at these flowers and leaves. You’ve certainly whet my appetite for them, my sweet friend! You delight us all with the elegance with this wonderfully vintage card, and what a wonderful photo with the green silk!! Oh! Hugs, sweet friend!

20. You are simply amazing, Jerri! I love these colors, and your flowers are unreal! Or, actually, I should say your flowers are too real to believe they’re just paper. So gorgeous!

21. Grace N says:

GASP! Oh Jerri this is just breath taking!!! I always adore your beautiful style and am in awe of the beautiful flowers you create!!!! Love this new paper and your gorgeous layout!!!

Sorry I’ve been quiet too but trying to get used to a new computer has been quite an ordeal for me! MUCH smaller and having trouble with keyboard learning curve and totally different operating system! I will get there but everything right now seems more difficult!

Hugs,
    Grace

22. Barb Plummer says:

Another stunning creation! Gorgeous wedding colours. You are truly and artist, and an inspiration as well. Thanks for sharing.
    Cheers,
    Barb

23. Gloria Westerman says:

Gorgeous….love these colors….you do such stunning work…and I absolutely love your work…now if I can just get you to do videos …that would be so cool…thanks Jeri for sharing with us your creations….love…love…love..em…

24. Deb Saaranen says:

I always swoon over your Graphic 45 designs Jerri, well actually…swoon over all of your designs… just beautiful!

25. Marilyn in E ~Town says:

Ooooh this card is beautiful! I absolutely love your hand made flowers, they are always so elegant.

26. Cecilia Reyes says:

G45 has fantastic designs and you do a very clever use of them, the most amazing part of the card are the flowers… very beautiful in deed.

27. Barbara Inabnit says:

Wow, what beauty! I am a fellow Floridian (Jacksonville). So glad I found your site. Blessings to you.