Nov 09 2014

Graphic 45 – Raining Cats & Dogs

Graphic 45 & Parch Cards 006 copy

I have to admit, I wasn’t sure about Graphic 45’s Raining Cats & Dogs designer papers, but I did see a few floral pages that I thought were beautiful so I made the plunge and purchased it. I’m so glad I did! If you like bold, intense colors, you’ll love these papers.

Graphic 45 & Parch Cards 010 copy

I made the roses and leaves with the Christmas mulberry papers using Spellbinders Rose Creations (roses) and Create-A-Rose dies (leaves). The blue and yellow flowers are Prima flowers.

Graphic 45 & Parch Cards 027 copy

May Arts 1/8″ white silk ribbon was used for the bows. I made several multi-loop bows on the Bow Easy Original and inserted them liberally within the design. I used Spellbinders Decorative Labels Eight for the panels.

Graphic 45 & Parch Cards 074 copy

I sponged gesso on the borders of the panels and the leaves. The gesso dried a bit whiter than what I wanted so I sponged Antique Linen Distress Ink on top of the gesso and then sanded the edges down a bit.

Thank you so much for your visit, until next time .   .   .

Jerri Siggy3

Products Used:

Paper:  Graphic 45 – Raining Cats & Dogs – 8 x 86 x 6 – The Stamp Stimply Ribbon Store; Mulberry Paper – A Touch of Grace-Paper Boutique

Dies:  Rose CreationsCreate-A-Rose, Decorative Labels Eight – The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store

Ink:  Tim Holtz Distress Ink – Antique Linen – The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store

Accessories:  Foam SquaresMay Arts 1/8 Silk Ribbon, Prima FlowersBow Easy Original, Crafters Pick Ultimate AdhesiveInkssentials Blending ToolGlue Dots, Glossy Accents, gesso– Stamp Simply Ribbon Store; Zip-Dry Adhesive, Genesis Paper Trimmer

26 Responses to “Graphic 45 – Raining Cats & Dogs”

The blue and yellow flowers help to make your handmade roses stand out even more. Clever you! Love the vibrant colors which help to brighten up the gloomy days here. Amazing! Love…… Anne

2. Kristine Vencel says:

Absolutely stunning design! I am so in love with the use of color in this card! Will definitely need to purchase this paper now. Thank you for sharing your talent with us.

3. Jan Castle says:

Love the bright and beautiful flowers Jerri – This is a beautiful card and a real treasure!!!
    Hugs,

4. […] Find Jerri’s post with more photos here. […]

5. Stunning colours, love those flowers! Your talent is unique. Hugs Kim x

I love the bright colors Jerri. Your flower are gorgeous.

7. Grace N says:

Oh GASP Jerri!!!! This is gorgeous!!! The colors are eye popping and just jump off the page! Your flowers ALWAYS blow me away and I love the little clusters of ribbons tucked in here and there…. and the Gessoed edges are perfection!!! Gorgeous as always my friend!!!
    hugs,
    Grace

8. Joyce B. says:

Once again, stunning. You are such a talented lady.

9. Barbara R. says:

I love the card and your flowers are awesome!!! Just beautiful. Wish I could make the flowers I make look like that!!!

Great card, great colors, great flowers. You have it all!

10. pinky says:

Absolutely stunning!

Spectacular! They get more and more gorgeous every time! As I’ve said before, your flowers look so real, I want to put them in water. And the colors are just well…Gorgeous. I’m going to have to find some more words to describe your work. Of maybe I can make some up. 😉 Thanks for sharing your talents again. Big hugs Jess

12. Donna Ellis says:

Hi, Jerri! Love your little spot of blue and yellow amidst the red and black! Great balance in color. But of course, it is your magnificent floral arrangement which captures my heart! That is a fun name for a paper packet, isn’t it? Speaking of rain, we had about 1/2 inch yesterday — did you? We were grateful because the pasture was getting entirely too dry.

They finished the tiling and pool resurfacing on Friday. We filled the pool and have been treating it with acid and special minerals. Today the pool guys come back out for more checking. So glad that big project is completed!

Enjoy the sunshine and beautiful weather! love, de

13. Lorrayne Ingram says:

Love the flowers and offset die cut

14. Dot says:

You are a remarkable person who is very talented. Thank you for sharing your wonderful work. It is intricate and elegant. Keep sharing.
    God Bless
    Dot

15. Rebekka K says:

I love bright bold colors! Your card is awesome. Gorgeous flowers.

16. Carolyn T. says:

Beautiful as usual. Love the colors! It always makes for happy mail when I see an email from you.

17. Frances says:

Beautiful as usual. Love the bright colors, hugs, Frances

Gorgeous color!!! The flowers are fabulous, as always. Your creativity is really displayed in this card. Thank you for sharing your artistry!

19. CherylQuilts says:

Oh, Jerri, another stunning card, and your flowers always are magnificent! I totally love the gesso you’ve used…fabulous idea with wonderful touches! And I agree with Grace that the lovely pieces of ribbon tucked in are wonderful! Oh, I so love your flowers and want to soon play and try my hand at them! You so inspire me, sweet friend! Hugs!!

20. Velta says:

Exceptionally beautiful…the ribbon bows add such an elegant touch…I love seeing your creations…You never cease to amaze me !

21. Eunice says:

Hi Jerri, ahh another awesome card!! (Soooo, my birthday is coming up hint, hint) All kidding a side this card is beautiful, you always have a wonderful way of arranging flowers with the perfect back drop (I think I’ll have to look into this paper). I hope all is well with your familly and your brother continues to progress. Take care my friend. :)

22. Gloria Westerman says:

Somehow your turn these–not so good DP and make art of em….truly beautiful…elegant, soft and remarkable….tfs

23. Ooooh, gorgeous! The colors are wonderful! Love how you used the dies, too!

24. when I first saw the flowers I thought they were poppies, so pretty and I love how you offset the framing for the background, Lovely creation!!

25. Debbie Dunham says:

I have to admit that this G45 collection isn’t one of my favorites but you can make anything look beautiful! Stunning!

26. Leanne says:

Each card is a beautiful work of art Jerri. Sometimes words to describe the art and beauty of each one is hard for me to sum up in words. Just know I enjoy stopping by to peek. You are a remarkably talented young lady my sweet friend.
    Hugs and blessings…..Leanne