Nov 19 2014

Pink Magnolias

Art of Nature - Magnolia Card 019 copy

I just finished painting these precious pink magnolias (one of my favorite flowers). This card is for my very dear friend, Betsie. We met several years ago when we were about six months along, carrying our firstborns. Stephen and Katie were born within days of each other. We’ve remained steadfast friends through the years, it’s hard to believe Stephen and Katie are now 24. The design is from Hiskia Wittenaar’s book, Art of Nature. I hope Betsie likes it!

Art of Nature - Magnolia Card 022 copy

The card is made of regular parchment paper with a white parchment insert that was dorsed with a green pastel crayon from Pergamano’s Nature Colors Pastels. Using a mapping pen, I traced the border with Tinta white ink. The painting was done with Pintura acrylic paints with a Pergamano #2 Kolinsky paint brush. I perforated (shallow) around the borders with a 2-needle tool.

Art of Nature - Magnolia Card 024 copy

I used a small embossing ball to emboss the design around the borders. I used the fine stylus tool to emboss the border lines and small dots on the edge of the border. The embossing wheel tool was used to make the small flourishes coming out of the scrolls.  I used a hockey stick to lightly emboss the flowers. Once the embossing was complete, I perforated a second time (deep) and then did the cutting.

Art of Nature - Magnolia Card 019 copy

If you’re interested in parchment craft, please drop me a line, I’d be happy to advise you on getting started.

Thank you so much for stopping by today, I so appreciate your visits.

Jerri Siggy2

Supplies Used:

Paper:  Regular Parchment PaperWhite Parchment Paper

Book:  Art of Nature

Perforating Tools:  2-needle tool

Embossing Tools:  Fine StylusSmall Ball, Small Wheel, Hockey Stick

Paints:  Pintura SkinBordeauxYellow OchreCinnamonLight Green, Black

Dorso Crayons: Nature Colors, Dorso Oil

Accessories:  White PencilMapping Pen#2 Kolinsky Paint BrushEmbossing PadShallow Perforating PadDeep Perforating PadParchment ScissorsSpongeTear Off Palette

27 Responses to “Pink Magnolias”

1. Kristine Vencel says:

Absolutely stunning but delicate! I’m sure your friend will adore it.

OMG! It is very pretty! I really admire your artistic hands. I am still battling with my Christmas cards and find that I am way behind. I have only made five so far. Really slow…..?? Wonder where have all the time gone!! Have a great week, Jerri! ………Love, Anne

3. Jan Castle says:

Your work takes my breath away…winners all!!!!
    Hugs,

4. MARIBEL says:

Absolutamente Preciosa. Besos

5. Phil says:

What a beautiful card. A wonderful gift. I am sure your friend will love it

Phil

Another WOW! You gave me a chuckle when you said “hockey stick”. I had to click the link. And darned if it doesn’t look like one. I guess it’s just like any other artwork, it works better with the right tool. Your paint work is always gorgeous. You must have very steady hands. Thanks again for sharing. Big hugs, Jess

7. Grace N says:

Ooooh Jerri I just love this one!!! I love the detailed edge and your coloring is amazing!!! When I grow up I want to be just like you!!! :)

8. pinky says:

Simply stunning, gf. The details are amazing.

The pink magnolias are gorgeous and I love the detailed edging Jerri.

10. Dot says:

Hi Jerri, Love love love it. our cards are so delicate,. How long does it take you to create these wonderful cards. It would take me weeks or more. Your work is very elegant,beautiful. I am sure your friend will love it. I know I would love a card made so elegant. Of course I love all my cards especially the ones made from my grandchildren who are going to be three. Their work is so precious to me.
    God Bless Have a wonderful ThanksGiving
    Dot

11. Sylvia Johnson says:

This is gorgeous. Lucky friend!

12. Oh my I am positive she is going to just LOVE this, lovely soft coloring of the flowers and the shaded look for the border looks fanatstic, it gives it a dimensional feel, Beautiful!

13. Debbie Dunham says:

Wow! Just stunning!

14. Carolyn says:

Hoe pretty! I know your friend will love it. My best friend and I have been fiends over 50 years. :)

15. This is just too beautiful for words!! Do you do this stuff under a magnifying light? I can’t imagine the patience it must take let alone the still hand and skill!! Just beautiful and I KNOW your friend will treasure it forever!! Who wouldn’t??!!??

16. Donna Ellis says:

how lovely and delicate, Jerri! It looks like our “tulip tree” blossoms – they are a member of the magnolia family, of course. Such grace in your artwork! hugs, de

Jerri, that is gorgeous! Your shading on the embossed petals is so soft and even. Just beautiful! And the Magnolia flowers are perfect – they look like they’ve been plucked right from the tree. What a fantastic work of art!!!

18. Linda Huey says:

Simple beautiful.

19. Velta says:

This is incredible! You know, you are quite the artist!

20. Marilyn in E ~Town says:

Absolutely gorgeous! I so love looking at these beautiful cards you make. So I hope the recipients cherish them as much as we cherish looking at them! Jeri what an artist you are.

21. So beautiful, you must have the patience of an angel :) x

22. I don’t know what else to say but absolutely stunning.

23. So beautiful, Jerri!! The flowers are painted with perfection.. exquisitely. An absolutely gorgeous design.

24. Carol Southern says:

Wow, I love this one, it’s stunning. I like that edge very much and must do it soon.

25. CherylQuilts says:

Oh, Jerri, I saw this earlier this week and LOVE it! Never got around to commenting, but I just had to tell you how amazing this is! Your parching is amazing, and the magnolias are so beautiful colored! Wow! Totally one of the most elegant cards I’ve seen! Hugs, sweet friend!

26. Dianne says:

Stunning……

27. Jocelan says:

I know Betsie will love the card I have always loved pergamano it looks so delicate.
    Blessings Jocelan