Nov 23 2014

Christmas Ornament Card

Published by at 10:00 am under Christmas,Dry Embossing,Holiday,Marianne Dies

IMG_8621 copy

Have you started your Christmas shopping? Every year I say I’m going to start in September and be done by November . . . . so how many gifts have I purchased to date . . . . sigh . . . nada . . .  zilch . . . I’ve blown it again . . . . I’ll be scrambling around like a mad women after the Thanksgiving holidays to pull it all together before the big day . . . I always make it work . . . but usually by the seat of my pants. Can any of you relate? Today I have a sweet ornament card to share . . . crafting is my therapy for holiday stress . . . LOL!

IMG_8629 copy

I’ve used Graphic 45 Christmas paper, together with mulberry paper, craft paper and chipboard (cereal box) for the ornament. Gold antique glass glitter was applied to the ornament. I placed little dots of Ranger Mini Glossy Accents over the red berries on the background paper and sprinkled Tim Holts Festive Berries Distress glitter on them.

IMG_8628 copy

This ribbon is the best ribbon I’ve ever worked with, it’s May Arts 1/4″ gold (with wires inside for easy shaping).

IMG_8631 copy

I added a touch of baby’s breath for a bit of wispiness. The poinsettias are made of Christmas colors mulberry paper. The pine needles are a Marianne die, the poinsettias are the new Tattered Lace poinsettia dies and the ornament is a Memory Box die.  The gold beads are Joy Craft beads. The edges of the paper layers were sponged with Frayed Burlap Distress ink. I used Forest Moss Distress ink to darken the pine needles. I used a Martha Stewart punch to create the smaller evergreen sprigs. Thank you so much for your visit, until next time .   .   .

Jerri Siggy3

Products used on this design: Dies:  Memory Box – Starlitstudio (ornament); Tattered Lace (poinsettias); Marianne (pine needles); Martha Stewart (sprig punch)

Paper:   Mulberry Paper – A Touch of Grace-Paper Boutique; Kraft (Stampin’Up!); Graphic 45 Twas the Night Before Christmas – 12 x 12 – Stamp Simply Ribbon Store

Ink:  Tim Holtz – Forest Moss, Frayed Burlap, Festive Berries – Stamp Simply Ribbon Store

Accessories:  Foam SquaresMay Arts 1/4″ Gold Metallic RibbonBow Easy, Festive Berries Distress Glitter, Ranger Mini Glossy Accents, Crafters Pick Ultimate Adhesive, Inkssentials Blending ToolDistrezz-It-All – Stamp Simply Ribbon Store; Baby’s Breath, Joy Craft Gold Beads, Gold Antique Glitter Glass, Zip-Dry Adhesive, Genesis Paper Trimmer

29 Responses to “Christmas Ornament Card”

1. Sue K (Australia) says:

Another SUPER LUCKY card recipient coming up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love it Jerri!

So Christmasie card….love it…. this year my family is trying to get away from Christmas gifts exchange and instead donate money to the needy or charity. One big shopping trip saved but still need to buy gifts for some good friends. LOL!!

3. Kristine Vencel says:

Gorgeous Christmas card! Your little touches make it so very special, Jerri.
    I have most of my shopping done this year as I am going to visit family for Thanksgiving & we will be exchanging gifts at that time. So just a few friends’ gifts to purchase later. Maybe I will actually get some baking done this year! Lol!

4. Marion in the UK says:

Beautiful!

I am convinced December 25th comes around earlier every year Jerri. It’s almost impossible to believe Christmas Eve is just one month away, and frightening to think just how much needs to be packed into those weeks. Hopefully 2015 will be the year I get my act together in plenty of time and there will be no repeat whirling dervish performance as I fly around in a confusion of “to-do” lists!

Marion in the UK

Such a pretty Christmas card, Jerri. The poinsettias are gorgeous! And I love how you used the background paper. So festive! Thanks for the inspiration. 😀

6. Jan Castle says:

Beautiful card Jerri! Love everything about it!!!!
    No Christmas shopping for me – except a new i-Phone 6+ – Kids are grown and live across country, so we send money along with the cards for them and the grandchildren. Absolutely no idea what they would want as at their age, the change their mind at the drop of a hat! This way, they can get what they want. My husband and I have everything we want, so we usually do something together – this year a cruise!!!
    Have a blessed Thanksgiving – we certainly have much to be thankful for!!!
    Hugs,

This is gorgeous Jerri. I love how full your poinsettias are and the pine is so perfect. Gorgeous. Have you seen the new Impression Obsession Pine Pair? They are smaller and so perfect for card fronts. This is gorgeous.

8. Heather Peel says:

OOOOH jerri i love this . its awesome.I always love all your beautiful work ,but for me i love the ones with flowers and all the litttle additions you add. you are my inspiration .Thank you Jerri .big hugs Heather

9. pinky says:

Just beautiful.

10. Joanne Lowe says:

BEAUTIFUL card!!! I love it that you use cereal boxes for your chipboard, I often use the cardboard from cases of diet pop (my bad habit is drinking it, hmmm…), just wish some dies would cut easier with cardboard. I don’t think my Cuttlebug could cut a Marianne die with cardboard–wondering if it’s time to go with another, like an electric one as I have neck, arm, and shoulder issues.

Has anyone tried the electric versions of these machines, there are now a few out there…

Love the softness of the mulberry paper flowers, what a lovely touch. I’m blown away by the detail, such attention to the smallest, and I love that. What a gift, your card is all anyone needs for a gift to show loving care! :)

Looking forward to seeing so much more on your site, I signed up not that long ago.

Hoping you have a wonderful Thanksgiving, we celebrated ours already in Canada in October, but I have relatives and friends in the US, plus I lived in the US when I went to graduate school years ago, loved it there…

Best wishes,

Joanne

11. Joanne Lowe says:

PS I absolutely LOVE the name of your blog–it shows your faith in our Savior!!!

I hope to start my own blog in the coming year (hope–I’m disabled so everything just takes a lot longer than I think it should…learning patience if nothing else! :) ), and it is important to me to choose a name that shows my faith.

Just needed to share this!!!

Blessings,

Joanne

12. Grace N says:

Ooooo this is scrumptious Jerri!!! The poinsettias are soooo beautiful! I need to get some mulberry paper to try and goodness your pine boughs are gorgeous!!! Love the little touches you added to the background paper! You always know just what details need to be added and the result should be framed in a shadowbox!!! Just beautiful!!!!

hugs,
    Grace

BE U TI FUL! This ornament card could be ornamental to. I’d put it away, and take it out each year, to help decorate. On a mantle, or table or counter. With greenery around it… spectacular! The poinsettias are gorgeous. But then all your flowers are gorgeous. TFS, hugs Jess

14. Debbie Dunham says:

Another beautiful card to give me inspiration! I am like you…the mad woman rushing around every year at the last minute for gifts! Every year I say I’m going to start early and next thing I know it’s December lol

15. Selma says:

Wow Jerri. This is absolutely gorgeous. I always love your gorgeous creations.

16. TWILA YOUNG says:

Very beautiful Jerri!

17. Linda Brown says:

Another beautiful card! And yes, I can relate to the December shopping stress. Although granddkids are at the “just money grandma” stage so it is a little less stressful!

18. ELAINE B. says:

wow. as always. a card from you would be a gift on its own. very beautiful. EB

19. Rebekka K says:

wow, What a gorgeous Christmas card Jerri. Your cards always look like a work of art..
    I shop early in the year, I start after Christmas to shop for the next Christmas :).. Great sales..My Christmas cards are usually done by Sept. with postage and ready to go for Dec. I say usually, last year my Christmas cards never got mailed, I forgot them and guess what?? I will be mailing them out this year :)
    Have a great Thanks Giving.

20. Gorgeous, love the greenery with the flowers, pretty detail to the ornament and lovely paper for the background! I have a couple things bought but the majority no I don’t have much else done, and I have alot of out of town family that need their packages mailed to them.

21. Linda Heithold says:

I wish I was on your card list. All you make are just beautiful.
    When my kids were little I got my shopping done early, then baked like crazy, had cookie decorating parties and lots of fun.
    Now they are older I ask for lists to give me ideas but get no cooperation and some don’t want money. Huge stress for me last year and don’t want a repeat. Sooo , this year and turned the gift thing over to my husband. I’ve done it all for over 50 years. His turn!

22. Susan Turner says:

Today’s ornament card is absolutely gorgeous!!!

23. Joyce B. says:

As always, just beautiful! How do you mail cards that are this dimensional? Or are these types of cards for hand delivery? When my grand children were younger and I actually shopped for Christmas gifts, I did all of my shopping for the following year after Christmas and New Years. That is when you got the best sales and deals. They use to give you free boxes too. I would put everything in boxes and use post it notes to mark them. Back then I also had a Christmas club. That is the money I used to do the next years shopping. I even did this for the adults. Then all I had to do was wrap the gifts and I was done. Now, I just give money. LOL

24. Mitzi Luttrull says:

This is gorgeous! I love how you used the paper to shape the direction of your card.

25. Phil(omena) from Dublin, Ireland says:

lovely as all your cards are

phil

26. Oh yes, I can relate. I am a terrible procrastinator at Christmas time. Good thing I don’t have a huge list. LOL Your card is gorgeous Jerri. All the special little details you take the time to do always make your cards extra special.. LOVE the poinsettias and the glittered ornament together. Hugs!

27. CherylQuilts says:

Oh, my heart! Jerri, this is a gorgeous Christmas card, and I love the ornament with the beautiful poinsettias with the pine boughs! The added baby’s breath and luscious gold ribbon add so much to this elegant card, especially with the beautiful Graphic 45 paper! Who can resist it? Not I!! Oh, yes, I find making a beautiful card that I want to make so relaxing! So glad you found this relaxing. And, my dear friend, sadly I am with you. Many years ago I started my shopping in September and finished in October. I am so behind! But there’s always next year! LOL! May you have a blessed Thanksgiving, dear friend, and thank you for blessing us with your beauties!! It’s a joy! Hugs!

28. Dianne says:

Gorgeous……

29. Debbie says:

Jerri, I love this card.. I did some research on the dies and I can’t find either Marianne die pine needles which would help in many of my cards.. Would you post the website where you purchased these dies… Thank you, And have a Blessed Christmas!!

Lord Bless you, Deb