Nov 25 2014

Little Boy Blue

Published by at 11:00 pm under Dry Embossing,Marianne Dies,New Baby,Occasions

IMG_8657 copy

I’ve made a baby boy card to match the baby girl card I posted a few weeks ago. Graphic 45 brought back its first set of papers for a limited time only, Baby 2 Bride is one I missed and I’m so happy Graphic 45 brought it back in a collector’s edition pack! Aren’t these dies adorable! They are so perfect for these papers. You can find them at The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store, they are dies from Marianne’s collection.

I decided to keep it simple and not put any flowers on the card, the button adornments and bow are perfect for the design. I placed a safety pin with a sweet little rocking horse charm through the cream seam binding bow. The safety pin is the color of the buttons, but appears pink in the photographs :-(. I used the Bow Easy Original to make the triple looped bow. Links are provided at the bottom of this post for products used.

IMG_8656 copy

The blue and cream stripe layer is on foam tabs, as are the bib and shoes. I wove 1/8″ silk cream ribbon through the holes in the shoes to create the shoe laces. I love these precious papers, so perfect for these adorable dies! It was really hard for me to not put flowers on this card . . . . LOL!

Thank you so much for stopping by to visit today, I want to extend Happy Thanksgiving wishes to you and your family. I’ll be back soon, until next time .  .  .

Jerri Siggy2

Products Used:

Paper:  Graphic 45 – Baby 2 Bride – The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store

Ribbon: Cream Seam Binding, 1/8″ Cream Silk Ribbon -The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store

Dies Marianne Dies – The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store

Accessories:  Foam Squares, Burlap String (Natural), Bow Easy Original, Crafters Pick Ultimate AdhesiveGlue Dots– Stamp Simply Ribbon Store; Stampin’ Up! Buttons, Safety Pin, Charm, Zip-Dry Adhesive, Genesis Paper Trimmer, Revolution and Evolution Die Cutting Machines

27 Responses to “Little Boy Blue”

1. Jan Castle says:

This is so sweet Jerri…a real little treasure!
    Hugs,

2. Marion says:

Equally beautiful in blue, Jerri. Delightful as always.

Marion in the UK

3. Joyce B. says:

Adorable. What a keepsake for a special little boy.

4. Kristine Vencel says:

So very sweet for a very lucky mom & dad!

5. Maribel says:

Son una monada. Preciosas.

I especially love the vintage safety pin Jerri. This is so precious!

7. Phil says:

So sweet. Love it
    Phil

These dies and paper would have been such fun when our Mason was on his way! We had a shower for my daughter in law, we could have decorated to the hilt! He just had his third birthday yesterday! Oh my, time does indeed fly. He’s become a red, curly haired ball of fire. Ok enough gushing. Love this card, even without flowers. Such a cute little charm, I never find cute ones like that. I was surprised when I read triple bow! I’m so used to them being fluffy. But it’s perfect this way. The colors are perfect. So sweet. Thanks, as always, for sharing your talents with us. Big hugs Jess

9. Janie Printz says:

So cute Jerri, what a keepsake for the Mom she is sure to treasure. Love the shoes & bib.
    hugs, Janie

10. Ronda Burt says:

I have admired your work for so long. I love your cards they are works of art.
    Thank you for sharing your talent with us.
    Have a GREAT Thanksgiving. I’m thankful for you.

11. Debbie Dunham says:

Absolutely precious! A card to go in a keepsake box for sure!

12. CherylQuilts says:

Oh, Jerri, this is absolutely the sweetest! I love the paper (of course, it’s Graphic 45), and I love the dies and your beautiful embellishments, especially the pin and sweet rocking horse charm! It’s the bitty things that make it even more special! And what beautiful ribbon and buttons! A baby card to cherish forever! (You sure are tempting me, since I already have the main Marianne die!) Hugs, sweet friend, and wishing you and your family a blessed Thanksgiving!

13. Anita says:

Perfect baby card for a boy. Loved the one for a girl, too! Your work is amazing!

14. Dot says:

Jerri This card is adorable. I wish I would of seen this before my twin grandsons were born.
    Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving
    God Bless
    Dot

15. Rebekka K says:

This is adorable Jerri! I just love that design paper and dies.. Can we have to many dies??? NO :)..
    Happy Thanksgiving

16. adorable, love the laced shoes, and that sweet charm!!

That is a darling card! I don’t miss the flowers at all on this card – probably because it is a boy card. But the embellishments give it a somewhat vintage feel. Old time diaper pins, buttons, rocking horse, just seem to give it that traditional baby look. Charming!

18. ShirleyR says:

Absolute perfection!

19. Carolyn T. says:

So sweet! Love the soft colors, dimension and layering of the different shapes.

Interesting and fun to make, Jerri! Can’t see any flowers this time!! What a change!! But still a lovely card!! Happy Thanksgiving to you & family!……Love, Anne

21. Lovely little keepsake, but do you think the Mum’s of today know what a nappy pin is? Lol I don’t think they do in England now. Hugs Kim x

22. Jocelan says:

I love the baby card and the the little trinkets you have added.Also love the papers.
    Blessings Jocelan

23. Another lovely baby card! I love those booties and bib dies. I recently purchased a bootie die, but have yet to use it. Baby cards, here I come (soon, I hope!).

24. Just precious! I love the safety pin through the ribbon!

25. angela roglski says:

I just fell in love with these cards . I had to buy both the boy and girl die .
    You are very tlented to say the least .Just a work of art !
    Angela

26. Cindy Turner says:

I fell in love with this card but I have been unable to locate the die used for the scalloped square in the background. Could you tell me what you used. I purchased the Marianne dies used for the bib and shoes tonight and I am so excited. I plan on using them to make some baby shower invitations for my niece. Thanks your work is show stopping!