Nov 27 2014

Santa Christmas Cards

IMG_8632 copy

Christmas will soon be here, I’m busy finishing up my Christmas cards. I have a couple more to show you in few days. Graphic 45’s Twas The Night Before Christmas papers go a long way . . . . I’ve made multiple cards, note cards, etc. and still have plenty left. This card features Spellbinders new Ivy Die-Delights dies. I’ve placed a branch below the bow and several leaves above the poinsettias. I love this new die set, I can place as many or as little leaves that I want on the two branches that come with the set, or I can use the leaves alone, without attaching them to branches as I did above the poinsettias.

IMG_8637

I adhered mint colored Kaiser rhinestones to the centers of the poinsettias. I brayered Forest Moss Distress Ink onto the pine branches to darken them for contrast with the ivy leaves. I love gold for the holidays, I added a small gold bow and edged around all the layers with an 18Kt. Gold Krylon pen.

IMG_8638

The leaves of the ivy die set taper down to a very small size, very realistic in appearance! I used a Copic marker (Lipstick Red) to color the mint rhinestones and sprinkled a few on the Santa layer of DP.

IMG_8642 copy

The card base is made with Core-dinations pastels, the striped layer is from the 6 x 6 pad and the layer with Santa is from the 8 x 8 pad of Twas The Night Before Christmas DP.

IMG_8633

I think I like the red striped paper the best, it reminds me of candy canes.

IMG_8639 copy

I hope you’ve enjoyed your visit, I have oval Christmas note cards coming to share with you soon made from the same Graphic 45 paper collection. They are perfect for presenting gifts to dear family and friends alike.

Products used on this design:

Dies:   Ivy Die-Delights – Stamp Simply Ribbon Store; Marianne Pine Sprig, Tattered Lace Poinsettia

Paper:   Mulberry Paper – A Touch of Grace-Paper BoutiqueGraphic 45 Twas the Night Before Christmas – 6 x 68 x 8, Core’Dinations Pastels – The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store

Ink:  Tim Holtz – Forest Moss, Festive Berries – Stamp Simply Ribbon Store

Accessories:  Foam SquaresMay Arts 1/4″ Metallic RibbonBow EasyCrafters Pick Ultimate Adhesive, Inkssentials Blending ToolDistrezz-It-All, Kaiser Rhinestones – Stamp Simply Ribbon Store; Zip-Dry Adhesive, 18Kt. Gold Krylon Pen, Lipstick Red Copic Marker (to color rhinestones), Genesis Paper Trimmer

19 Responses to “Santa Christmas Cards”

1. Marion says:

Santa Claus IS coming to town………. and far too soon for my schedule! Father Christmas and poinsettias figure in so many cards, but none as beautifully as those you make Jerri. Scrumptious fun.

Marion in the UK

2. ColleenB. ~Texas says:

Gorgeous.

3. […] You can find Jerri’s post on her blog here. […]

This is a wonderful use of the piece of Santa paper in the pad. I have wondered how to use it and you have inspired me to get it out and give it a try. I love this.

Another gorgeous one! I like the stripes too. The poinsettias are lovely and along with all the greenery they virtually jump off the card! I love the Santa in these papers.
    Thanks for sharing. Hugs, Jess

6. Dot says:

I love Santa cards. I think they bring out the child in us in believing; something we forget when we get older in a very busy demanding world Your card is absolutely adorable.
    You make my days seeing such beauty and talent.
    God Bless
    Dot

7. pinky says:

Love this santa card!

8. so pretty, I love the cute image on the paper and your flower arrangement is such a great compliment to it!!

9. CherylQuilts says:

Oh, Jerri, what beautiful papers, and your poinsettias with the beautiful foliage and ribbon make the cards!! And I love the gold edging for a lovely finishing touch, as always! Hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving day with your family, and I wish you a wonderful time as you prepare for this wonderful time as we remember when Christ came to earth! Hugs, sweet friend, and thanks again for sharing your beauties with us!

I always enjoy my visits to see your wonderful art!! And this card is another beauty! There are so many details that make this card come alive. The ivy is wonderful, and who knew you could color rhinestones with copies??? Gotta try it. Thanks, Jerri!!

11. Jan Castle says:

Wonderful combo of elements Jerri…I assume you made the beautiful poinsettias!!!
    TFS

12. Joyce B. says:

Another WOW card. I love it. I love the poinsettias, the colors, the paper, the Santa, everything about this card.

13. Queen Mary says:

Beautiful! Love the blueprints!

14. Jocelan says:

Awesome card sweetie.the person who receives this card will love it.
    Blessings Jocelan

15. Chelsea Le says:

Hi Jerri, this is another beautiful card. You always add tiny details to your work, like the gold edges and the scatter gem stones … just gorgeous!

16. Oh, how lovely these are! Everything you use tempts me to go shopping. Love that paper and the smaller pads of Core’dinations, and, of course, the beautiful ribbon and flowers.

17. Debbie Dunham says:

Absolutely gorgeous Jerri!

18. Jerri, the details you worked into this darling card make it so special! I love the flowers/ribbon cascading down the side…and the sweet gems you placed so perfectly to add that touch of sparkle. Gorgeous!

19. ccarranza says: