Nov 30 2014

Oval Christmas Notecards

IMG_8658 copy

I’ll soon be putting up the tree, decorating the house, getting my Christmas cards out in the mail, shopping and preparing for Christmas. These cards are getting me in the mood! Today I have two oval cards to share with you that I made with Graphic 45’s Twas The Night Before Christmas designer paper. I’ve used my new Spellbinders Ivy Die-Delights dies, together with Rose Creations (red roses), Create-A-Rose (rose leaves), Pine Sprig (Marianne die) and an evergreen sprig (Martha Stewart punch).

IMG_8669 copy

I used the 8 x 8 paper pad for the striped background, I love it! So festive and bright .  .  . it reminds me of my Fitz & Floyd Cookies For Santa Christmas plate. I couldn’t resist adding Diamond Dust to the design, I used it liberally throughout the design, it doesn’t sparkle like glitter, it’s very sugary like bits of rock candy.

IMG_8670 copy

I’m off to Chicago this week for some holiday shopping and fun! I’ll be back next week with some parchment designs.

Thank you so much for your visit, until next time .   .   .

Jerri Siggy3

Products used:

Dies:  Rose Creations, Ivy Die-DelightsCreate-A-Rose, Classic Oval Dies  Stamp Simply Ribbon Store; Marianne Pine Branch, Martha Stewart Evergreen Sprig Punch

Paper:   Mulberry Paper – A Touch of Grace-Paper BoutiqueGraphic 45 Twas the Night Before Christmas – 6 x 68 x 8 – The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store

Ink:  Tim Holtz – Forest Moss, Festive Berries – Stamp Simply Ribbon Store

Accessories:  Crafters Pick Ultimate Adhesive, Inkssentials Blending Tool – Stamp Simply Ribbon Store; Baby’s Breath, Diamond Dust, Zip-Dry Adhesive, Revolution and Evolution Die Cutting Machines

35 Responses to “Oval Christmas Notecards”

Very vintage n nostalgic Christmas cards, love them all! Have a fun time shopping in Chicago!…. Love, Anne

2. Kristine Vencel says:

I agree with Anne. These gorgeous cards look like a Dickens scene with sugar coating!

3. janicecook says:

These cards are so beautiful!

4. Linda Brown says:

These cards are just so, so pretty. All your attention to detail pays really big dividends. Thank you so much for listing the dies. Have fun shopping!

OOooo! These are charming!!! So very pretty and definitely festive enough to capture the mood of Christmas. I love everything about these. And the oval shape somehow makes them more delightful. Thank you for posting them!
    Have a lovely time on your trip. Stay warm and enjoy every moment!

6. Jan Castle says:

What a great design!!! Love all the glitz…looks good enough to eat!
    Have fun shopping and do something special for yourself Jerri – you deserve it!
    Hugs,

7. Marion says:

I love oval cards and these are very pretty. Vintage Christmas with a twist. Have a wonderful trip.

Marion in the UK

8. Monica says:

Love these cards, Who makes the Diamond dust that you used Jerri ?

9. Love the snow effect, looks just like the real thing!

10. […] You can find Jerri’s post on her blog here. […]

So perfectly vintage and gorgeous Jerri. I love that paper and the shape and floral designs are wonderful.

12. pinky says:

Just gorgeous, gf!

13. Donna Ellis says:

How lovely these are, Jerri! I can smell the peppermint candies and hear the fire crackling for those darling stockings on your card. So sweet with the sugary details, especially on the sugar plum dreamer! Hope your Thanksgiving was enjoyable! hugs, de

Gorgeous Jerri. I love coming to visit, I never know what to expect! These are spectacular cards. I can always expect spectacular. Have fun in Chicago. I always enjoyed my time there. One of my favorite cities. Hugs Jess

15. Heather Peel says:

Jerri .these are so wonderful ,reminds me of Christmas long ago when i was young .love them so very pretty .Have a great time xmas shopping enjoy yourself.hugs Heather

16. Eunice says:

Good morning Jerri, have a safe trip, and shop for me too!Love your note cards, vintage and very festive. TFS. Take care.

17. Rebekka K says:

These Vintage cards are stunning Jerri, I love the shape of them too. Have fun in Chicago. :)

18. Grace N says:

Ooooh Jerri these are both just amazing! I do love this dp you’ve used and the Diamon Dust sure adds a big wow factor!!! Love the oval shaped card design and the gorgeous details with the ivy and greenery, and those beautiful roses!!!

Enjoy your shopping trip to Chicago! Sounds wonderful!!!

hugs,
    Grace

19. Marilyn in E ~Town says:

Jerri, stunning cards, love your flowers, vines and your diamond dust! I can only Imagien how gorgeous your home is with your decorations, you have such a decorating eye! Oh do share pics! Have a wonderful time shopping and decorating!!!!

20. Oh such sweet images, I love that ivy, the more I see it in different projects I think I may need that die :) that diamond dust is such a perfect touch for Christmas and winter cards, absolutely lovely cards!

21. CherylQuilts says:

Oh, Jerri, these are gorgeous! And, yes, they do remind me of Fitz & Floyd items (not familiar with the cookie plate you have, but I love and have some of their pieces). Stunning designs, as always, and I love the Diamond Dust! Another beautiful set of cards! Happy birthday, and I know you are having a wonderful time shopping in Chicago, and perhaps you may get to see the new show, “Amazing Grace!” It’s supposed to be wonderful! Warm hugs (and you need them in Chicago), sweet friend!

22. Faulba Dorsett says:

So, so beautiful. Hope you have fun shopping.

23. Jocelan says:

I love the creations you have created and the paper you have used are lovely.
    Blessings Jocelan

24. Chelsea Le says:

Love these Jerri … from the oval shape to the dusting of the diamond glass glitter … it’s all so lovely! Your flowers and ivy vines are so pretty!

25. Jerri, Once again…….stunning. I so enjoy your beautiful talent and cards. Blessings to you and your family this Christmas season.

26. Debbie Dunham says:

Oh they look good enough to eat lol More great ideas for my paper pack! Love your cards and you are such an inspiration to me. Hugs!

27. Leanne says:

I love the look of these Jerri. The remind me of an old fashion or vintage Christmas. So pretty.
    Hope you had fun in Chicago? How did you servive the cold and snow? Bbrrrrrr……
    Hugs…..Leanne

28. Beautifully put together, and I just love all that sugary sparkle and the fabulous vintage papers!

29. Wow…I love, love, love the icy finish on these gorgeous cards! They are so wonderfully vintage and beautifully wrought! The mulberry flowers look real…and the greenery is stunning! I have been busy and haven’t visited in a while…so glad I didn’t miss this gorgeous post! Merry Christmas!

30. Merry Christmas to you and your family. Look forward to seeing all your wonderful creations in 2015. Hugs Kim x

31. Rebekka K says:

Have a Happy New Year.. my friend hugs :)

32. Chelsea Le says:

Hi Jerri! Wanted to wish you a Happy New Year! May 2015 bring you good health and lots of happiness.

33. Deloris P says:

Beautiful…..and inspirational.

34. Mary Esther says:

I have missed you here and on Splitcoast Stampers.
    Just wanted you to know that I am praying for you and hope that all is well.

35. ann says:

I am so proud of you , I knew you could do it. It is nice to have you back sharing your beautiful creations. Going back to work is a big change after all these years. So glad to hear all is well.

Hope to see you for a visit before too long

Love Ann