Nov 22 2015

Parchment Yellow Flower

I can’t believe the holidays are upon us! Wow, the time is going by fast. My sons flew in for the Thanksgiving break yesterday, I’m one happy Momma! One could seriously wish some cool winter temps would fly in as well. We are experiencing record warm temps here in hot, humid central Florida. I’ll be traveling to Chicago soon, I’m hoping I’ll see beautiful, frosty white snow.

IMG_8683 copy

I worked this beautiful Gerti Hofman design about a year ago and haven’t had an opportunity to get it photographed and posted. Since going back to work full time, time doesn’t seem to be my own. This picture doesn’t show the painting well, but I love the luminous white of the parchment and the beautiful cut out work around the focal design so I decided to include the picture in this post.

Yellow Flower

The design is published in Gerti’s book, The Art of Painting, with step-by-step painting instructions. The book is filled with beautiful designs, including several painting techniques with full color illustrated instructions using several mediums including felt tip markers, colored pencils, ink, as well as acrylic pintura paints. The outer peach tint of the card was dorsed to achieve the soft color. Dorsing is a technique using pastel crayons or colored pencils colored onto the back of the parchment paper, then smoothed out with a blending medium such as oil or odorless mineral spirits.

IMG_8692 copy

Wishing you and your family a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday. I pray you are surrounded by loving family and friends with all His Blessings.

Thank you so much for your visit, until next time .   .   .

Jerri Siggy3

30 Responses to “Parchment Yellow Flower”

1. Carol Southern says:

A beautiful card. The edge work is stunning but my eyes were drawn instantly to the detailed painting of the leaves, such gorgeous leaves.

2. Elaine says:

Love to see your work – always so beautiful! Also sending a very happy birthday month to you!

Oh, Jerri… another masterpiece! That edging is so delicate and intricate. I can’t imagine how much time that must have taken! What a gorgeous card for the autumn…. or spring…. 😉

What a gorgeous piece of work! The workmanship is so intricate n delicate! Your work always makes me think how can I do it….it may take a miracle for me!
    Happy Thanksgiving n God bless!
    Hugs, Anne

5. Gorgeous!!! Have a wonderful week with your kids and I hope you enjoy the snow if it’s still there when you get there.

Jerri, this is beautiful and so delicate and elegant. I hope you have a wonderful holiday. I sure wish it would cool down as well. LOL!

7. Dottie says:

Very lovely and beautifully intricate. Have a fantastic trip to the Windy City! Oh and if you had come up here to southern Michigan you would seen 11 inches of the fluffy stuff to cool you down!

8. Elaine says:

and to think, i too could do that. i can dream can’t i?

Jerri- u know :)

bff Elaine

9. Suzanne says:

Reminds me of a cutwork hankie. How lovely your work is!
    Many blessings to you too during this Thanksgiving Holiday :)

10. Mitzi Luttrull says:

Jerri, your artwork is amazing! What a beautiful card!!

Your card is lovely. The color is very pretty. But the cut work is fabulous! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours my friend. Hugs, Jess

12. CherylQuilts says:

Oh, Jerri, it’s always a special day when you post an exquisite parchment piece, and this is stunning! I’m so glad you’ve included a photo showing how beautiful the cutwork is! Wow! And what a gorgeous flower, and thanks for sharing about dorsing (such a lovely effect). Well, as of this morning, it has gotten cooler here in South Florida, so your wish came through. I wish you and your wonderful family a blessed Thanksgiving, and I know you are so thankful for many things. Hugs, sweet friend!

13. Cindy Howell says:

I, too, was drawn to the beautiful leaves. Your boys left all the cold weather up here. We had 20’s last night and everything was frosty this morning. Raun’s family will be here tomorrow night so my family of 13 will be together under one roof :) Hope you & your family have a very Happy Thanksgiving. Love You, Cindy

14. Cec says:

Another gorgeous Jerri make. Love the bright flower with the incredibly detailed leaves. We have had a warmer than usual November for Toronto but the cold finally hit and yesterday we had a few flurries but none of the snow stuck. I hate the cold so I would gladly share some of it with you if I could only figure out a way to send it :)
    Hugs!
    Cec

15. Carolyn T. says:

Beautiful! Always love the detail on your projects.

16. Eunice Brown says:

Good morning Jerri,
    The flowers and leaves look so translucent, you did a wonderful job in painting your image. I love your work and I know how much time you spend in creating such lovely pieces of art. I’ve tried doing some parchment work and know how long it takes to do all the intricate cut outs. It’s good to see you posting once again. Enjoy your time with your boys. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. Hugs, Eunice

Beautiful, beautiful, BEAUTIFUL!!!! What a cheerful card. I love the cut out open areas. That design feature adds so much interest to the card.
    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family, Jerri. It’s my favorite holiday because I have so much for which to be thankful.

18. Jocelan says:

Jerri This card is a real treasure.Thanks for sharing your talent.
    Blessings Jocelan

19. Kristine Vencel says:

Hello Jerri! Beautiful, graceful, ethereal design. Your work is always so mesmerizing. I can just sit & study it for a loooooonnnnng while. Lol Thank you so much for sharing it during this busy season. So happy to hear your sons made it home to visit. Have a very Happy Thanksgiving!

20. Wow that is just gorgeous, lovely yellow and the framing is wonderful! So glad to hear the boys were able to come home, wishing you a lovely visit and time with family!

21. Ceci Reyes says:

What a gorgeous flower, your art is so exquisite!

22. Jan Castle says:

How very, very PRETTY!!!!! Thanks for sharing your artistic ability!

23. Debbie Dunham says:

Absolutely beautiful!

24. Marilyn in E ~Town says:

Jerri, this is a stunning card!!! Oh my your work is so beautiful and to top it off your photography is always so perfect! When I grow up I want to be as talented as you!!!!

25. Donna Ellis says:

How lovely, Jerri! A very happy thanksgiving to you and yours! xo

26. Tracy says:

Your parchment work is always stunning. Love the sunny yellow. Happy Thanksgiving!!

27. Leanne says:

Absolutely beautiful and sweet work of art Jerri. TFS. Enjoy your time with your boys over the holiday. Hugs…..Leanne

28. Papierkram says:

Die Karte ist wunderschön. Ich mag Pergemo sehr.
    liebe Grüße Baete

29. Ohhhhh, look what I missed! I love it when you color, and combined with your parchment work — gorgeous! Yes, full time work is a game changer. I’m so enjoying retirement after all these years. Happy new year, Jerri!

30. elizabeth says:

Beautiful work. I love them. Happy new year.