Jan 11 2016

Sweet Little Bird

Today I have this sweet little bird card to share with you. I belong to a parchment group on Facebook that has monthly challenges. This month we were given a pattern by one of my favorite Pergamano designers, Gerti Hofman, to complete. This is my submission.

Parchment Bird

The card is made of regular parchment paper with an inner card of regular parchment paper that I tinted blue on the bottom and pink on the top by using Dorso crayons and Dorso Oil. The lines were traced with Tinta white ink and embossed with the one-needle tool. The flowers were painted with Pergaliners. The bird and the tree limb were painted with Tinta inks and Pintura acrylic paints. I used a grid for the grid work used on the bottom of the card (horiztonal bar with ovals and dots within the two traced and embossed lines).

pretty little bird

This is an advanced card. Tracing vertical lines without smearing the ink takes a bit of practice. This is my first attempt at painting a bird. I’m pleased with the results, but hope to get better with practice. I perforated around the perimeter of the card and inside the semi-circles (through four layers of parchment paper), then cut the designs within the semi-circles and around the card through the four layers of parchment paper. I sewed the inner and outer cards together (see left side of card) with silver embroidery filament thread. A stippling techniques was used under the areas that have glitter.

Thank you so much for your visit, until next time .   .   .

Jerri Siggy3

29 Responses to “Sweet Little Bird”

So beautiful!

What a wonderful card, and just the sweetest little bird! Your work is always such a breath of fresh air, Jerri, and I never tire of seeing all of the different creations you share with us!

3. Yvonne says:

Absolutely stunning !

This is such a fabulous card. What gorgeous artwork you create, Jerri. I am in awe. (As usual!)

I feel a sense of serenity in the card and joy in my heart. Totally blown away by your intricate work. Well done as always, Jerri!!
    Love, Anne

The coloring on the bird and flowers are fantastic and the whole card is a work of art. Wow!

7. Judy Studer says:

So beautiful your work is amazing. I have always wanted to be able to do parchment I even bought some magazines but of course I don’t understand it enough to do it wish we had classes around here or something better to teach me with but I do enjoy seeing your work you inspire me

8. Elaine Moore says:

Oh Jerri!!! This is so lovely!!

9. Anita says:

Beautiful card! Love the serenity of the soft colors. Fabulous work!

10. Eunice Brown says:

Good morning Jerri, you are so right, this is a sweet card! My thoughts even before I read your introduction to your card. Your work is always an inspiration for me. TFS.

11. Patty says:

That is just beautiful! A treasure. Thank you for sharing.

12. Gloria Westerman says:

How pretty…stunning…awesome job…good luck my friend….

13. Marilyn in E~Town says:

I am in awe, Jerri this card is just amazing! It’s a gorgeous, sweet card. Whomever you cherish with this card will truly feel loved!

14. Lorna Baumann says:

This is so pretty Jerri.

15. Such Gorgeous detail all around and your coloring is just amazing, that being your first time for the bird is just crazy, you did such an excellent job I don’t think you need to get any better, love the gradual colors in the background! Awesome work all around!!

16. Faulba Dorsett says:

Absolutely breathtaking! I just can’t imagine how many hours you put into one card. I admire your work so much and I am glad to see you back to creating. Makes my day.

17. Sue says:

Thank you for yet another gift. What an awesome
    Reminder of the beauty our Creator God has
    Blessed us with. Your ministry is very much
    Loved and appreciated.

Sue G

18. Cec says:

First time painting the bird – finding that hard to believe. This is gorgeous, the layout is terrific and the picot edge is the perfect finishing touch. This card screams spring and with the temperature struggling to get above freezing and the 6 inches of snow that just fell this morning, I like the idea of spring.
    Hugs!
    Cec

19. Dot says:

Jerri, This is beautiful. Love the colors ,design, very soft and elegant. You have a lot of patience and have been blessed.

20. Gretchen says:

What a beautiful little bird, you have combined him with a beautiful layout of pure softness!

21. CherylQuilts says:

Oh, Jerri, this is exquisite, and your bird looks like a photograph and is so amazing! Your work continues to get better and better, my friend! Thank you so much for sharing this amazing card! It’s a joy to see it and you! Warm hugs, sweet friend!

22. Jan Castle says:

Sweet little bird is right!!!!! Looks like you could reach right out and touch him! Thank you so much for sharing – such inspiration!!!

23. Linda Brown says:

Oh my! Absolutely beautiful.

24. Rufus says:

So beautiful. Love the gradation of soft color in the background and your bird and flowers are lovely. So so pretty!

25. Oh wow, that is all I can say! The painting on your bird is expert! The small patterns and detail, just wow and the flowers are beautifully done as well! I don’t really understand this form of art but every time I see a piece I am amazed! I guess I should watch a video or read a book to understand how it’s done but whatever the case, yours are always so perfectly done!

26. Ceci Reyes says:

What a beautiful card, the borders and lines are perfect, and the bird looks so real, the feathers are awesome… your patience and talent are endless…

27. Debbie Dunham says:

So soft and pretty! Love it!

28. Tracy says:

This is just exquisite! The delicacy of each image paired with the design of the card is just incredible. Your pergamano projects are always a delight for the eyes. Hugs!

29. Vi says:

all your work are so beautiful…
    Vi