Jan 20 2016

Precious Fairy

I love fairies, ethereal fairies, whimsical fairies, fairies that delight. Gerti Hofman has published a book of designs illustrating the fairies of Marina Fedotova entitled Enchanting Cards. It is with pleasure that I work these patterns and share them with you.

Fairy4

This sweet little fairy is a delight! What little girl wouldn’t love to receive a card like this on her birthday, perhaps with a fairy doll, or perhaps a fairy tea party with friends.

Fairy2

The card is made of regular parchment paper (outer card) and rainbow parchment paper (inner card). I painted the fairy with Pergamano’s Pergaliners. I traced the edge of the outer card with white tinta ink and embossed the line with a one needle perforating tool. A multi-grid was used for the designs in the scallops. The fairy was lightly embossed. Small and medium pearls were applied on the scallops on the outer card.

Fairy5

A closer view to show the detail in the hair, dress and wings.

Thank you so much for your visit, until next time .   .   .

Jerri Siggy3

22 Responses to “Precious Fairy”

1. Yvonne says:

What a lovely card. It looks so delicate. Any person would be thrilled to receive a card like that.

2. Jan Castle says:

She is sooooo pretty Jerri….you did a remarkable job on this!!! What a treasure for a little girl!

3. Elaine Moore says:

Your work is so beautiful – wish you did classes

This is so precious Jerri! I love the design around the border of the card.

Beautiful! You never fail to take me down memory lane… as a little girl I dreamed of fairies. They had their own little fairy houses, and each were named with what I thought sounded like fairy names.
    Your little one is very pretty. Her wings are almost invisible!
    Thanks, again, for another walk down memory lane. Hugs, Jess

Simply gorgeous!

7. Faulba says:

As always impeccable workmanship! This precious little fairy makes me want to jump around with delight. Thank you so much for sharing.

8. Rebekka says:

This is stunning Jerri, and love the adorable fairy that you colored so beautifully.

So sweet, so whimsical…. perfectly executed right down to the tiniest detail. It’s what makes your work so special!

10. Cindy Howell says:

She is adorable………………….. so precious. Really love this one. And love you too, Cindy

11. Dot says:

VEry Cute Jerri.

12. Ceci Reyes says:

just adorable, what a beautiful card, the fairy is so lovely with the pearls and scallopes, a very delicate job. Love to see your cards, they are pure delight!

13. Gloria Westerman says:

Jerri I’m amaze at your talent…I’ve seen some videos on doing this and so I know how much time and energy you put into these…but the most thing I see in your work it the love and creativity you put into them…truly beautiful…tfs

What a sweet fairy! And beautifully executed by you!! Your work is just exquisite, Jerri.

15. Becca Feeken says:

Oh.my.goodness Jerri – I’ve been asleep at the wheel and see you’ve really come back to blogging. I’m over the moon happy that there are new Jerri inspirations to see. You are one in a million and your expertise in Pergamano is well placed – you’re an amazing steward of this exquisite craft. I’m jumping for joy and simply can’t wait to see what you create next!!

Hi Jerri,
    You continuously amaze me with your beautiful work. What a special fairy you have made!! You never cease to inspire me with all your work!! Thank you for coming into my life!!
    Have a great weekend,
    Anne

17. Oh my she is just precious, that face is so sweet, love the colors and your beautiful framing of the whole piece!!

18. Cec says:

Another fabulous Jerri creation. The image is so sweet and so beautifully painted. I showed this one to my Granddaughter and she was immediately in love with this card.
    Hugs!
    Cec

19. elizabeth says:

Your work is very nice and so delicate. Thanks you for share your art.

20. Debbie Dunham says:

Very pretty and whimsical! Love it!

21. Darling. Flourishes has several Fairies.

22. CherylQuilts says:

Oh, Jerri, one precious little girl is going to absolutely love this darling fairy! Your work never ceases to amaze me, and I just love all the fine and carefully made details of each and every card. This fairy is absolutely darling and so beautifully colored! What a joy to see each one of your projects! Hugs, sweet friend!