Jan 24 2016

Lace White Work Card

White work is a popular form of working parchment cards, its resemblance to lace is classically elegant and timeless. Julie Roces is a master at lace work and it was with joy that I worked this design from her book, Royal LaceI find parchment incredibly relaxing and enjoy working white work designs.

Salmon Lace Card

The card consists of six layers of parchment, the inner and outer cards are made of regular parchment paper. The extra inner card is made of salmon pink parchment paper. I traced the entire pattern with white Tinta ink on both the front sheets. Embossing was completed with the extra small ball, small ball and large ball embossing tools. I used the 2-split and 4-split perforating tools to perforate the bows and edges of all layers of the card and then cut all six layers with Pergamano cutting scissors.

Salmon Lace Card 2

I included this picture of the card taken with sunlight behind it to illustrate the beautiful translucency of the parchment. I’m very proud of how well this card turned out, it was a complicated card to cut, there being six layers to cut through.

Thank you so much for your visit, until next time .   .   .

Jerri Siggy3

34 Responses to “Lace White Work Card”

Jerri, This is your most stunning card yet. The repeated design is pure perfection… hard to even imagine that you accomplished that by hand. Every one of your cards impresses, but this one is really, really special.

Hugs, Cathy

2. Humberta says:

Jerri, this card is absolutely stunning! All your cards are lovely, but this particular card is simply a “class act”!

3. Sue says:

Awesome!!! I am so glad to see your posting again! Just enjoy your talent…thanx for sharing👍

4. Sue says:

I am in awe – it’s an absolutely stunning card!

5. Kathy says:

This is absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for sharing.

Jerri, I am in awe. This is such a gorgeous work of art. It may be my favorite of all of your creations.

7. renee logan says:

magnificent!

8. Carolyn T. says:

So pretty! I love white work.

9. Rebekka says:

wow! This is just so elegant!

10. Cec says:

This is exquisite. So now I know that my one and only attempt at this gorgeous craft is called white work. I made a bookmark and it turned out well so I have no idea why I haven’t tried other patterns – too much to do and too little time perhaps. Now that you are posting your gorgeous creations again, I might just be inspired to attempt it again although it will take eons to be proficient enough to do anything as intricate as you do. Have a super week.
    Hugs!
    Cec

11. Suzanne says:

Absolutely beautiful as always. Reminds me so much of cutwork linens my mother used when I was a child. Thank you for sharing :)

12. Dot says:

Oh Jerri What a beautiful card. You can see all the time,love, and patience you put into your card making. The detail and beauty shows tremendously.
    Love all your cards.
    Blessing to you
    Dot

13. CherylQuilts says:

Oh, Jerri, this is absolutely stunning! I love this soft salmon pink parchment paper, and your work is so beautifully done. It shows how much you love this – all the detailed and intricate work! I am in awe and think you are amazing! Warm hugs, sweet friend, and thanks for delighting us all!

14. Faulba Dorsett says:

What a wonderful card. You are so talented and I appreciate you sharing with us.

15. Joan Schoppe says:

Jerri,
    This card is beyond gorgeous! How does one begin to learn this? I have quite a few materials and tools but never had the opportunity to take classes. I would so love to learn even the basics.
    Thanks so much for sharing.
    Joan Schoppe

So pretty!

17. Mary Ann says:

Just beautiful. You have an amazing talent.

18. Frances says:

Amazing creation! Love it!

Wow! That’s a lot of layers. Must have been lots of work! Beautiful for sure.
    Pretty in pink💖.
    Hugs Jess

20. Ceci Reyes says:

Absolutely beautiful card… your work is superb!

21. Wow that is a lot of layers but oh so Beautiful, love the soft color behind!!

22. ann williams says:

Oh my gosh Jerri that card is breathtaking. You know how much I love the lace. I am so proud of you.

Ann

23. Debbie Dunham says:

Stunning and so elegant! I look forward to your creations!

Oh, Jerri. This is exquisite. You know my weakness is for the laciness of parchment work. It is why I love the craft so. You have executed this flawlessly, and it is just exquisite. I can’t stop looking at it!! Thank you so much for sharing this beauty with us.

25. Gerri says:

This card is exquisite! I appreciate all the love that you put into creating this card. So delicate. White work is still my favourite.

26. Jocelan says:

Jeri the card is stunning,love getting your posts.
    Blessings Jocelan

27. Elaine Moore says:

There are no words to describe the beauty of your cards!!! Oh My!

28. Simply exquisite, words defy the beauty you have created. I want you to teach for Flourishes, let’s talk please.

29. Jan Castle says:

Soooooooo SWEET!

Hi Jerri,
    I love lace very much. Your card is so elegant and intricate. I was floored when I saw your immaculate lace card!! Just had a very harsh winter in here. Your work helped to fire up with some warmth in me. :)
    Have a great week ahead,
    Anne

31. Eunice B says:

Good Morning Jerri, (I have a birthday coming up??) All kidding aside, this card is beyond beautiful. You do such wonderful work, I can’t even begin to explain what your cards do to my heart. Have an awesome day. Take care my friend.

32. Nancy says:

Exquisite work, cogratulations.

33. Laurie says:

How stunning! This would make the most memorable weeding card! Your cards are amazing and truly reflect your extraordinary talent. Anyone would be blessed to receive one. Maybe some day I will be blessed to take lessons from you if you teach. I too am a FL resident.

34. It very much resembles lace. Love the floral pattern and scalloped edges and the pretty peachy color.