Jan 27 2016

Lace Borders White Work

This pattern includes both lace and white work with shadow embossing. The pattern is from a pamphlet of patterns from Dorothy Holness. Dorothy’s patterns are well know throughout Europe, her work is loved by all, her workshops were filled to capacity. How I wish I could have been present at one of those workshops.

Dorothy's White Work 3

A grid was used for the lace borders. I lightly traced the pattern with a white pencil, once the focal image was embossed, I removed the white pencil lines with a bit of Dorso Oil. I embossed, perforated and cut the lace borders.

Roses White work

I used regular parchment paper for the outer and inner cards and dorsed the inner card with Pergamano’s Dorso Crayons to create a rainbow pattern on the inner card.

Dorothy's White work Card 1

Thank you so much for your visit, until next time .   .   .

Jerri Siggy3

30 Responses to “Lace Borders White Work”

1. Cathy Hughes says:

As usual…stunning.

Cathy

2. Rebekka says:

Those flowers are just stunning!

3. Rufus says:

Each card you post is more beautiful than the last. This one is stunning, this may be my favorite of all. (at least till you post the next one, lol) But in all seriousness this is gorgeous.

4. Carol says:

Gorgeous!!!! Your work is just stunningly beautiful!

5. Jan Castle says:

Love the lacey look…you are a true MASTER Jerri!!!

This is lovely, Jerri. The flowers flow so beautifully, so gracefully! And I love the lace! Thank you so much for sharing your art with us!

Jerri,

The more I study the details of this card, the more I am in awe of your skill. The intricacy of the lace is amazing. I don’t even dare ask how many hours that took. And the flowers are something else altogether. Having done some parchment work in the past, I know the skill it takes to get the shading so perfectly embossed with such a gentle, smooth transition (something I never really mastered). I could look at your cards all day!

Hugs, Cathy

8. AMAZING! That floral is SO beautiful!!!

I look forward to seeing your beautiful work, Jerri and thank you for sharing it. For my avid reading fans, I have used those grids to make attractive bookmarks as gifts. For a relative novice, they’re simple for me to follow. Thanks again! Diane

10. Cec says:

Spectacular. Your lace is exquisite and the shading on the flowers and leaves is perfection – not sure you needed a class from the pattern designer.
    Hugs!
    Cec

11. Dottie says:

This is gorgeous! The flowers look so soft and delicate. I think my eyes would strain while I worked at such intricate detail in this pattern. The result though is just stunning!

Hi Jerri,
    The lace columns are just beautiful n the flowers are impeccable. It’s very regal and one of your master piece among your parchment work. I just adore your work time and time again. Bravo, my friend!

13. Dot says:

Very intricate in the design. Love it.
    Hugs and Blessing
    Dot

14. Anita says:

This card is beautiful! I have no idea of how to work wth parchment, but I truly enjoy looking at your masterpiecces. I would wager that you spend hours on each card. Again.. beautiful!!

15. Marilyn in E ~Town says:

Oh my, stunning!

16. Ruth Witmer says:

WOW!!!!! What a gorgeous card. I am from PA and I wish I knew someone who teaches this beautiful art. Thank you for sharing!!

17. laurie says:

Beautiful as usual! Honestly I’m not sure how you are able to post so many since each card looks like it would take days to make. I’m curious how many hours go into a card like this and maybe one where you color the inside flower?

18. Beautifully done and I love the graduated colors for the background!!

It is a joy to open your email when they come. I always know its going to be something beautiful. And sometimes its gorgeous, or even spectacular! Your work always makes me smile. Today is no exception, the lace work is beautiful and the color is so very pretty. Thanks for the many smiles over the last few years. Hugs Jessica

20. Ceci Reyes says:

What an exquisite work. The lace is so beautiful and the flowers are so gorgeous. Thank you for sharing your talent. I am very delighted.

21. Gerri says:

Another gorgeous card beautifully made.

22. Debbie Dunham says:

Awesome! Your work just amazes me! Hugs.

23. Linda Brown says:

Such beautiful work! I was just in awe of the card that looked like it was tatted. That was just so amazing. Your work is incredible.

24. Kristine Vencel says:

Stunning work, Jerri! Each creation is more beautiful than the last. I am so amazed with your work. Thank you for sharing!

25. So very gorgeous Jerri! Love all of your beautiful parchment work!

26. Kim Stewart says:

Just stunning, Jerri! Love it…So beautiful.

27. Stunning, Jerri! Each card is a true work of art. This one with the roses… dreamy!

28. CherylQuilts says:

Oh, Jerri, this is absolutely stunning! I am in complete awe of your work! I love the lacy border, and the soft, flowing flower is so gorgeous! Wow, I know you would love to take this class, but you look like you have it all together already! Hugs, sweet friend!

29. Leanne says:

I’ve missed quite a bit of your recent work Jerri. So sorry, but dropped in to catch up and admire all the pretty cards. One is prettier than the next. Hugs…Leanne

30. Simply stunning! With some printing, we can use them as invitations and scrapbooks! Thanks for sharing :)