Mar 28 2016

Spring Parchment Card

Oh my Gosh, if there were more hours in a day and days in a week, I’d be able to get so much more accomplished! I’ve been away from my blog wrapping up exams and getting them in the mail, as well as still working full time and trying to squeeze in some play time.

JulieRocesPattern

I had an opportunity to play this past weekend. We went down to the beach and I had a little “me time”, so I decided to participate in a challenge in one of the parchment groups I belong to on Facebook. One of my favorite designers, Julie Roces, contributed three designs for us to select from. No samples were given, just the graphic drawings. I selected this design. I used a grid to create the grid work in the middle of the design, it was left blank on the pattern. The urns were blank as well, I sketched a cross hatch design onto the pattern.

I traced the scrolls and urns with Tinta Gold ink, the flowers were painted with Pergamano’s Perga Colors Exclusive markers using a #1 water color brush. I cut out the areas surrounding the flowers and urns. I dorsed the background in pink from the reverse side of the parchment paper. I included a pink parchment insert behind the grid work and flowers that I cut from the pattern to fit behind the design. The scroll work was embossed to create the “white” area within the scrolls. I embossed the lines of the border and stippled between them. A sheet of white parchment paper was placed as an inner card. Normally I cut the border with parchment scissors, but since I was in a hurry to get the card in by Monday morning, I used a 4-split tool around the border to perforate the edge and then pulled gently on the parchment paper to remove the excess, creating a very sweet edge to the card.

It was a fun weekend challenge that had me totally relaxed by Sunday evening. I’m so happy I was able to squeeze in a little “me time”.

Wishing you the very best,
Jerri Siggy3

23 Responses to “Spring Parchment Card”

1. Rebekka says:

You sure are a busy lady Jerri! :) This turned out stunning! Gorgeous design and gorgeous colors.

2. Kristine Vencel says:

So happy you found some “me time”, Jerri! You certainly are one busy lady!
    The good news is you haven’t lost your creative touch. Your card design is absolutely gorgeous!

3. Carol says:

Gorgeous! You are so talented! I’m glad you enjoyed the weekend and relaxed.

4. Dot says:

Jerri A lot of beautiful detail. the card is elegant,very soft to the eyes and beautiful. Thank you for sharing. I am happy you found your some time to do the card and it relaxed you. We all need that time in this crazy busy world.
    Blessing to you

5. Cec says:

Another beautiful card with so many gorgeous details. Although we don’t see the inspiration piece I love your description of how you kicked it up a few notches. Glad you found some time for you this past weekend – critical for one’s sanity.
    Hugs!
    Cec

6. Faulba Dorsett says:

I am so glad you had some “me time” as well so we get to this absolutely breath taking card Thank you so much for sharing.

Jerri, As usual, totally amazing! I love your handling of the open work as well as the flowers. What a lovely, lovely card! Now, that is MY idea of relaxing!

8. So glad you were able to get some time to create too, we need that every once and awhile!! You did an amazing job on this, just Beautiful!!

9. Annette Pope says:

Hi, just wanted to let you know that your work is beautiful, I wish I had a quarter of your talent. Take care xx

Beautiful… No gorgeous! Love the color, and the design, and…well everything. 👏👍 👑 ! Once again you are the queen of parchment craft. Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful talent with us.
    Big hugs, Jess.

11. Earline says:

Lovely card Jerri just stunning. Miss seeing your work. Stay sweet.

This is just so lovely, Jerri. Very “spring-ish”! Your parchment work is perfect, as always. I’m glad you had a good time creating it, because I sure am delighted to enjoy looking at such a pretty piece.

13. Beautiful, beautiful work, Jerri…..as always!!! Sorry I missed this post….have been trying to get ‘organized’ to move one more time….UGH :( Will get caught up one of these days….lol
    Big hugs, my friend…
    Vickie
    P.S. I still need parchment paper and will order as soon as I am settled.

14. Jan Castle says:

GORGEOUS piece Jerri….you are Amazing! I think it should be framed, at least that I s what I would do with it!!!!
    PS. Been thinking about having a stamp made, or die with our little “Paper Hugs” saying. Even talked to Mike Dywan at Cheery LYNN Designs about adding it to his line….good choice I think – LOL!

15. Ceci Reyes says:

Beautiful card! Hope you enjoy more “me time” in the future…

16. Eunice B says:

Greetings Jerri,
    Thank you for sharing another exquisite card!! I’m so glad you were able to squeeze in a little “me time”, life tends to get so busy we forget we need to recharge once in a while. Take care my friend.

Hi Jerri, Beautiful card again. Thanks for sharing your detailed and soothing work and great to know that you find time for yourself to relax and get creative in the midst of your busy work schedule.
    Keep well……….Anne

18. Just beautiful Jerri! The colors and intricate details make this really special!

19. Donna Pike says:

Breathtakenly beautiful as is all your work. Thank you for sharing with us.

20. Carol Southern says:

Another stunningly beautiful piece. The grid work looks fabulous too.
    Gorgeous colours for the flowers which stand out on the pink.
    Love your work.

21. It’s sure not easy to try and squeeze everything in around a full time work schedule. Every day I thank my lucky stars that’s all behind me. Retired and young enough to enjoy it — yay! So glad you found time to create and share this gorgeous card, Jerri! My, oh, my, those flowers are so pretty!

22. Oh, Jerri, I am so glad you found some “me time” to create and finish this absolutely exquisite parchment piece! The flowers are stunning, and I am in awe at the fine detail of your cross hatch design! Totally and completely gorgeous, sweet friend! I look forward to seeing more when you get the time! Hugs!! xoxo

23. Leanne says:

How very sweet and feminine those flowers and leaves look. As always, it’s Beautiful Jerri. Glad you were able to squeeze in some of your “me time” and share it with us. Hugs…Leanne