Jun 04 2016

June Roses and an Announcement

Hi everyone, I’ve been missing in blog land (again). I’ve been so busy with Guild exams that I haven’t had a spare moment to photograph my cards until today.

I absolutely love this June Rose pattern. The designer is Linda Williams, a Master Pergamano Instructor. Linda designed the pattern for the Parchment Craft Magazine based in the UK. Linda embossed her card for the magazine using the shadow embossing technique, I painted it with Faber-Castell polychromos colored pencils and added a touch of shadowing with water color (felt tip markers). To paint with felt tip markers I scribble color onto a palette and then pick up color with a moist (but not wet) water color paint brush and paint directly onto the colored pencil work.

This card would make a beautiful wedding card or a very beautiful birthday card for a mom with a birthday in June.

June Rose Bride

It was a joy to paint the card and a fun challenge to do the lace work. I traced the border, the lace and the word “June” with white lead on the front side of the parchment. After embossing those areas on the back side of the parchment, I removed the white lead with Dorso oil (very carefully, as I didn’t want to remove any of the painting which was done first). I perforated the lace with a 2-split perforating tool and perforated the border with a 2 needle perforating tool.  The cutting took a bit of time, but was well worth the patience as the lace work is so realistic in appearance.

Lace

I adhered Swarovski 1mm garnet crystals on the lace, as well as on the letter “J”.

June

And now for my exciting announcement:

I have been so blessed on my parchment craft journey. Six years ago I first started learning this beautiful craft and I could not have imagined where the journey would take me.

I am so excited to announce my appointment as Vice principal for the USA for The Academy of Independent Parchment Craft Tutors, co-founded and owned by Linda Williams and Patricia M Murphy from The United Kingdom. The Academy’s mission is to bring about the growth and development of parchment craft around the world by creating a network of qualified tutors worldwide to teach and share our passion for parchment craft.

I’m thrilled to be working alongside Heather Attwater, Vice Principal for Canada and Elizabeth Willey, Vice Principal for Australia. Heather, Elizabeth and I have the honor and privilege of being chosen to represent our respective countries to help fulfill The Academy’s mission.

Please feel free to contact me if you have questions about The Academy and how I may assist you in learning parchment craft, or if you already know parchment craft and would be interested in becoming an academy tutor and sharing your love of parchment in your area.

AIPT Cert

If you’re interested in giving parchment craft a try and want learn to make cards like you’ve seen on my blog, I have a small starter kit, available here. I bought this kit six years ago and haven’t looked back.

Thank you so much for your visit, I very much appreciate you spending a bit of your day visiting with me.

Wishing you the very best,
Jerri Siggy3

41 Responses to “June Roses and an Announcement”

1. Marion Rivas says:

Hi, I bought this kit but where do you go further to learn more? Thanks

2. Jerri, good to see your post. This project is stunning, but all of your work is stunning. I am interested in the kit, however I have so many things on my plate right now, this one will have to wait (unfortunately) Congratulations on your appointment as Vice Principal. This is much deserved. Looking forward to the next project you share. Have a great summer.

3. Elaine says:

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Such exciting news. It’s hard to believe you’ve only been doing this for 6 years – gives us “wanna-be’s” hope.

My heartiest congratulations to you, Jerri! No words can describe how happy I am to learn that you have been appointed the Vice Principal for The Academy of Independent Parchment Craft Tutor. It is a well earned and greatly deserved qualification. I am sure others will benefit greatly from your expert knowledge in parchment work all over the world. Keep it up and continue to grow.
    Love always,
    Anne

5. That is so exciting, congratulations and you deserve this so much. Your work is fabulous and I love everything you do!!!! I wish we had someone close to work with, I love this work but am not good at it at all.

6. Kraftyaunt says:

Congratulations and best wishes on your continued journey! This is so well deserved.

7. Mary Friederichsen says:

Congratulations Jerri! So happy for you!
    Your work is just stunning and this art form is going to be made all the more beautiful by your work and your love of it!

Congratulations Jerri! I am so excited and happy for you. Your work is amazing and your project on this post is such a gorgeous example of your creativity. I’ve missed your posts. I hope I will be seeing your more often. Big hugs! Kittie

9. ColleenB.~Texas says:

Gorgeous card. That ‘lace’ looks so elegant. Truly a work of art. That card deserves a lovely frame to show it off.
    Congratulations on your new adventure.

10. Selma says:

Congratulations on this appointment Jerri. This is a great achievement and well deserved. Your work is always gorgeous and I look forward to seeing each project.

Congratulations on your appointment! It is well deserved, as you workrd hard to achieve it.
    This project is so beautiful! I wasn’t surprised, as everything you make is beautiful. The watercolor work is exquite! Your coloring work is gorgeous, as always. The addition of the crystals adds just the right touch.. I am so happy for you, as i know how hard you have worked to achieve the recognition. Thanks for sharing your journey with us.
    Hugs, Jess

12. Dot says:

Jerri First off CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! This card is so elegant and dainty. Love the lace and delicate painted roses. You have worked hard to get where you are and are doing magnificent. Thank You for sharing your wonderful work.
    Blessing, Dot

13. Rebekka says:

Congratulations! I am so happy for you. Your card (as always) is just stunning. Love the design and love those roses.

14. Rhonda says:

Congrats on your appointment. Will you be participating at any of the craft conventions in the USA. I am interested in your kit and how to obtain further instructions on the parchment craft. Love all your work!!!!

15. Faulba Dorsett says:

Congratulations! Your work is flawless and you deserve to have this honor. I am awed by this card and the patience it had to have taken to make the lace. I wish you a happy journey with the Academy of Independent Parchment Craft Tutors.

I’m so pleased for you, Jerri! This is a HUGE accomplishment and this card is — as we have all come to expect — simply stunning!

Much love, Cathy

17. Linda Feldenkrais says:

Congratulations!!! Your work is so beautiful and very inspiring.

18. Jan Castle says:

SOOOOO happy for you – CONGRATULATIONS! Your work is also a JOY to behold and I thank you for sharing your talent with us!!!

19. Linda in Pacifica says:

Congratulations, Jerri! Your hard work has paid off and is such an inspiration to all of your followers. Stunning work!!

20. Chelsea Johnson says:

Jerri, big hugs to you and heartiest congratulations on your achievements!!!
    The artistry and detail on your roses and lace is just exquisite! I can’t wait to see what you will do next!!

Congrats, gf!

22. CherylQuilts says:

Oh, Jerri, what an amazing work of art that is truly beyond words! And a big congratulations on your certification and appointment to Vice Principal! Wow! Your card for June is so beautiful, and the lace does look so realistic. You are a woman of great patience and precision, and it has paid off! I am so thrilled for you and proud to know you, precious friend! What an huge honor and blessing! Much love and hugs, my friend! xoxo

23. Frances says:

Lovely creation as always!! Congratulations on your certification!

24. Eunice Brown says:

What an awesome appointment and another great accomplishment, congratulations my dear friend!! You share so much with everyone I can’t think of anyone as deserving as you. I would never have the patience to create anything as lovely as your card. So, I will just sit back and enjoy the gorgeous work you produce. Thank you.

25. Linda Brown says:

Oh my, Jerri. I am always just in awe of your work. Congratulations! They couldn’t have picked anyone better represent them! I know you have worked hard to accomplish this.

26. Kristine Vencel says:

Hello Jerri, so good to hear from you again. And especially with such wonderful news! Congratulations on your new appointment! I think you deserve it. Your work is always so pristine.

And this card does not disappoint. Such soft, creamy colors, delicate lacework & just a hint of sparkle equals gorgeousness!

27. Debbiewm says:

J,
    this is just beautiful, and Congrats!

28. I’m a June birthday girl and I can guarantee that this card would be a special treasure to any birthday girl or mom. Your work is so delicate and the detail is just breath taking. Congratulations on your appointment. It’s well deserved. Hugs!

29. Rufus says:

Congratulations on your appointment as Vice Principal for the US. A very well deserved honor. This card is as stunning and lovely as all of your other works of Art.

30. Cindy says:

This is one of the most beautiful cards I’ve seen. Gorgeous!!!

31. Cindy Howell says:

Your “June” card is beautiful. And congratulations again on being selected as VP. It’s nice to have such a passion for your love of this art.

32. Oh my that is so stunning, Gorgeous work and the coloring of it is fantastic too, the two together make such an amazing and outstanding card!!
    A big CONGRATS!!!! on your new appointment, how exciting and you so deserve it, you do such amazing work!!

33. Gloria Westerman says:

Another stunning masterpiece….you amaze me with these…congratulations on you accomplishment…..I know you work your fingers to the bone…hugs…

34. Carolen says:

Stunning card! Congrats on your appointment which is well deserved!

35. Carolen says:

Oops Gloria, should have read your comment before posting! LOL
    Wasn’t copying, HONEST!

36. Carol Southern says:

You produce beautiful pieces of art and I love seeing it. Congratulations on your appointment Jerri, your work is outstanding.

37. Cec says:

What a fantastic card and news. Your lacework is so realistic and the painting is beautiful. Congratulations on your latest certification and your appointment – both well deserved.
    Hugs!
    Cec

38. NANCY PENCE says:

Jerri, Sending you heartfelt congratulations on your latest accomplishment!!! Outstanding!!!

I’m wondering what is the ‘kit’ referred to in some earlier posts?

39. Ohhhh, this is beautiful, Jerri! Yes, it would be perfect for either a June wedding or a June birthday. I’m just in love with how your coloring turns out on the parchment. The lace is truly exquisite. So detailed. Exciting news about your appointment, and a huge congratulations on this achievement!

40. Leanne says:

Hi Jerri
    It’s been a while for me dropping in to your blog. Each time I do I’m over whelmed by the beauty of your parchment work. Just beautiful! Congrats on your new endeavor and classes. You certainly are busy.
    Hugs….Leanne