Jan 25 2017

Rustic Birdhouse

Published by at 11:17 am under Parchment Craft,Pergamano,Thinking of You

Hi there sweet friends! Today I have a parchment card to share. I designed this card last September for a parchment craft magazine in the United Kingdom. I sent it over to the editor in October and didn’t have time to get pictures of it before submission. I recently received it back and set aside some time to get it photographed.

IMG_9812 copy

I named the card “Rustic Birdhouse”.

IMG_9825 copy

I painted the design with Pergamano pintura acrylic paints.

IMG_9828

The card is published in the January issue of Parchment Craft magazine, a UK publication. The pattern and instructions are included.

RusticBirdhouse.j.jimenez copy

Because it’s somewhat challenging to photograph a parchment card and get accurate colors and see the delicate beauty of the craft, I’ve scanned the card to better portray the true colors and parchment work.

If you’re interested in learning parchment craft or  know some of the basics, please don’t hesitate to e-mail me. I’d be happy to answer any questions you may have. I do sell the Pergamano supplies at A Touch of Grace – Paper Boutique.

Thank you so much for stopping by today, I so enjoy your visits and hearing from you. Many hugs!!Jerri Siggy3

26 Responses to “Rustic Birdhouse”

1. Frances says:

Beautiful color scheme and lovely details! Tks for sharing! Hugs Frances

Jerri, it’s just gorgeous! The detail in the coloring and shading is as exquisite as the fine parchment work! Love, Cathy

3. Janie Printz says:

Gorgeous creation Jerri. Love the soft muted colors of that wonderful birdhouse & bird on the branch. Everything you do is such a piece of art.
    Hugs, Janie

4. Lorrayne says:

You do such beautiful work.

5. Suzanne Hicks says:

Jerri,
    You are as meticulous in your painting as you are in the parchment craft. What a gift you have!

6. Pinky Roth says:

Just beautiful!

7. Cec Wintonyk says:

This is simply exquisite. You pay such attention to detail in your painting and the colours you chose blend beautifully. The edge of the card is fabulous and I can only imagine how long it took to do. Another parchment work of art.
    Hugs!
    Cec

8. Faulba Dorsett says:

Absolutely beautiful!!! Congratulations on being published. Love, love your work.

What a beauty! I don’t think I’ll ever get the ability of shading. Not that I don’t try.😕
    I love the whole card. And that bird. I wish the mag was a US one. But I’m still going to the book store, which sells some UK issues. I might find it there. Congrats on your publication! I know its not your first, but I’m sure it still gets you tickled every time.
    Big hugs, Jess

10. ann says:

simply gorgeous just like you! I miss you and wish we could have another visit. any plans to travel to Nashville in the future?

Ann

11. Dot says:

Love the saying. Your shading and colors are beautiful.
    congratulation on getting the card published.
    Jerri you have made another wonderful card.
    Blessings
    Dot

12. Gerri Ras says:

Such a beautiful card. I love the sentiment that you have added. In a world going mad, how sweet to be reminded of God’s love. Wishing you a blessed day!

13. Jan Castle says:

What a sweet and beautiful card Jerri – wonderful sentiment too! Thank you for sharing it!

14. Sue Gabbard says:

WOW! That is true praise for our creator. What a gift God gave you to share
    with the world.

Sue G

15. Jocelan Perry says:

This is a beautiful creation you have created.
    Blessings Jocelan

16. Elaine Moore says:

Beyond lovely!!!!

17. Melanie Risk says:

Aw, how sweet. Your work is awesome. Who wouldn’t treasure a card that beautiful? I sure would. Thanks for sharing it with us.

18. Chelsea Johnson says:

Jerri, that is just as pretty as it can be! The delicate coloring is just beautiful. Well done! And congratulations on being published!

19. Debbie Dunham says:

Your card is amazing! You do such beautiful work! Hugs.

20. Absolutely beautiful, such lovely coloring of it and of course the piercing work is just lovely to frame it and the sentiment!! Congrats on the published piece!

Hi Jerri,
    All I can say is stunning and amazingly done!! Even in the eve of Chinese New Year, I do want to send this over to you!!………..Hugs, Anne

22. CherylQuilts says:

Oh, Jerri, this is exquisite! Your painting skills are amazing, and I love the precious sentiment that surely takes a very steady hand. What a joy to be published, and I know many who receive this magazine will love it and enjoy reading how you’ve done it and try it themselves. What inspiration you are, sweet and dear friend! I love the scanned image, because I can see the sentiment detail more…and surely the colors are more vibrant. Sending hugs and love, precious friend! xoxo

23. Cecilia Reyes Montes says:

What an amazing card. I love every detail. Congratulations!

24. Eunice Brown says:

Greetings Jerri,
    Another stunning card. I love the little birdhouse, and the little bird is so life like one can almost touch it’s little feathers. The flowers are exquisite, so three d like. Someday I hope to see your work in person. Take care my friend and have a great week.
    Hugs, Eunice

25. Anne Levens says:

I’ve just come to your blog for the first time today via Barbara Gray’s Claritystamp link in the UK. What a treat to see your fantastic work, especially as you’ve been posting for so many years already (I’m going to dip into the archives as and when). Parchment work is very beautiful, but I never managed it until Barbara’s Groovi system came along and I’m slowly, slowly getting to terms with what’s possible using her plates. I’m really looking forward to what the future brings – and I’ll certainly add your site to my list of those I follow regularly.

Hello to all from a grey, windy but fairly mild London. Anne

26. Pamela Brown says:

A beautiful card and design. Exquisite painting.