Jun 14 2017

Parchment Agapanthus

Today I have a card to share with you that I was inspired to create using Groovi plates and Clarity Stamps. Links to the products used are at the bottom of this post.

Agapanthus

I used the Groovi octagon shape plate to create the octagon shape of the card. I wanted a scalloped border so I pulled the Groovi Square plate with scallops from my collection and embossed the scallops around the octagon. I stippled a border next to the scalloped edge.

The outer card is regular parchment paper, the inner card is white parchment paper. I was inspired by dishes that I have to create the circle of leaves within the octagon shape. I stamped the agapanthus image on a sheet of white paper and placed it under the parchment paper to paint the agapanthus flowers.

I painted the image with Tombow markers using Rosemary #0 and #1 watercolor brushes (my new favorite brushes). Once the painting was complete, I turned the parchment over and dorsed the area between the stippling and the leaves with Pergamano dorso crayons (earth colors). I lightly embossed the agapanthus and leaves with Pergamano embossing ball tools. I stippled the border with a Pergamano Bold one needle tool; the scalloped edge was embossed with Pergamano embossing ball tools.

Rose Octogon

Groovi octagon plate

GRO-PA-40557-03-Scallop-Nested-Square-1000px_1024x1024

Groovi square scallop plate.

Agapanthus 2

Thank you so much for stopping by today, I wish you all a wonderful day!

Jerri Siggy3

#0 Rosemary Watercolor Brush

#1 Rosemary Watercolor Paint Brush

Parchment Scissors

Embossing Mat

Cutting Mat

Perforating Mat

15 Responses to “Parchment Agapanthus”

1. Velta says:

Oh My…So very elegant Jerri !!!

2. Frances says:

Beautiful design and coloring. Thanks for sharing, hugs!

What a gorgeous design Jerri. This is a card someone will treasure.

4. Pinky Roth says:

Just beautiful!

5. Faulba Dorsett says:

What an heirloom card. Absolutely gorgeous!

6. Cec says:

Stunning! It reminds me of dishes also – the ones I used to see at expensive gift shops that were usually purchased as decor items. I love the softness of the border that makes the beautiful painting of the flowers pop. You outdo yourself with every project and this is no exception.
    Hugs!
    Cec

Such a gorgeous card… we have these gorgeous flowers, also known as the Lily of the Nile, blooming across the front of our home in California. You have captured the blossom cluster perfectly! And I love the way you paired the octagon shape and scalloped edge!

8. Kristine Vencel says:

The delicate nature of this design is just breathtaking, Jerri! Always a delight to see what you have created. This flower appears so real!

9. I love how delicate this looks. It is also so good to see how you can use your existing stash to mix with traditional skills and Groovi. xx

Lovely, as always! Thanks for Sharing. Hugs, Jess

11. Oh wow fabulous, love the softness of the colors, pretty scalloped edge around the card too!

12. Eunice says:

Oh my, Jerri, these flowers look so real I can almost touch them. A stunning job and another beautiful card. Many hugs!!

13. Debbie Dunham says:

Gorgeous!

14. Shirley N says:

Your work is amazing! Do you have any videos on your work on parchment paper?

15. Oh my! Jerri, you continue to delight my eyes with such beauty! What a gorgeous card with this agapanthus and amazing coloring, and what a beautiful shape. Your parchment work is exquisite! I really love seeing all the tools you’ve used and popped over to see the lovely stamped image you use. Gives me more of an appreciation of your painting! Hugs!