Jun 15 2017

Whitework Flowers

Hi sweet friends, today I have a parchment card to share with you that I recently completed that captures the whitework technique of parchment craft.

Whitework Flowers 3

The flowers and leaves were traced onto regular parchment paper with a “white” pencil. I turned the parchment over and embossed it on the back side within the white pencil lines. After the first two layers of embossing were completed I removed the white pencil with Dorso oil. I let the parchment paper rest overnight in between the next three layers of embossing. The outer border was stippled with a one needle tool. Once the embossing was finished I used Dorso crayons to color the back side of the parchment paper and blended it with Dorso oil to create the beautiful peach color on the back side of the parchment paper. I folded the parchment paper on the fold line and inserted an inner card of white parchment paper. I pierced around the border through the four layers of parchment paper with a 2-needle perforating tool and finished it by cutting the picot edge with parchment scissors, cutting through four layers of parchment paper.

Peach Flowers

I created the card again with card stock and flowers that I made using Spellbinders cutting dies. The flowers were handmade using peach card stock. I sprayed iridescent gold glimmer mist onto the flowers and applied Krylon 18Kt. Gold ink on the edges of the larger flower and one of the smaller flowers. I sponged distressed inks (Tim Holtz) on the flowers, as well as the leaves before applying the glimmer mist and gold ink.

Whitework Flowers

Wishing you all a wonderful upcoming weekend!

Thank you so much for stopping by today, I so appreciate your visits!

Jerri Siggy3

Cutting Mat

Perforating Mat

Cream Card Stock

Peach Card Stock

Tim Holtz Distress Inks

Glimmer Mist

Spellbinders Cutting Dies (flowers and leaves)

Inkadinkado Stamp (God Loves You)

Krylon 18Kt. Gold Ink Pen

13 Responses to “Whitework Flowers”

1. Kristine Vencel says:

Beautiful white work! The detail of feathering on the leaves is so delicate they almost appear ethereal. And to also make a twin card using dies & cardstock! That’s actually how I began following you, Jerri. I read every posting of yours that I could find pertaining to flower making & forming. You are such a great artist!

2. Pamela Brown says:

Your two cards are lovely. I look forward to seeing your work – and reading about how you achieve the beautiful effects.

3. Sarah says:

Beautiful!

Jerrikay, the white work is fabulous! The flowers are beautiful! You do such wonderful work, I always look forward to your posts. Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful cards with us! They are truly works of art. Hugs Jess

5. Pinky Roth says:

Your talent is off the chart! Love these two cards!

6. Cec says:

Love the white work card – a lovely example of how sometimes less is more.
    Hugs!
    Cec

7. Faulba Dorsett says:

Beautiful! I am always amazed at your work and talent. Thank you for sharing.

8. Chelsea Johnson says:

My, oh my. These are both just so gorgeous!!!! Beautiful, beautiful artistry and attention to detail. Your gift with paper is a joy to behold!

Just LOVE the whitework… rrely has white looked so stunning and elegant except in some of your cards! Thanks for sharing this lovely card. Wishing you a wonderful summer!

10. Eunice says:

Hi Jerri,
    Another stunning work of art, I love both you card! I am always amazed with your beautiful creations. Just about the time I think you have hit your limit you wow us with another wonderful card. Thank you my dear friend for sharing with us. Take care and have a great weekend.

11. Both cards are just lovely, I so enjoyed seeing the dimensional flowers you did with the spellbinder dies, love the colors, Beautifully done!

12. Ceci Reyes says:

So beautiful cards. You made some extraordinary flowers, and your work of embossing and coloring is brilliant. Love to see your creations. Have a wonderful summer.

13. Debbie Dunham says: