Jul 11 2017

White Rose Thank You Notecard

Good morning all! I’m back today with the second card in a series of Thank You notecards I’ve been working on. I think this one is my favorite of the three.

White Rose 12a

The card was made with regular parchment paper and card stock. The rose is a pattern drawn by Dorothy Holness (I’m an enormous fan of Dorothy’s designs) that was published in July of 2008 in Parchment Craft Magazine. This rose is the second in a series of three Thank You notecards that I’m currently working on.

I started by tracing the flower only onto a piece of parchment paper with white lead. Using Tombow markers, I painted the leaves on the parchment paper by placing the parchment over the pattern and painting within the lines of the leaves. Once the parchment was completely dry, I embossed the flower using the shadow embossing technique. After the initial layer of embossing, I removed the white lead by gently rubbing Dorso Oil over the traced lines with a Kleenex tissue. I applied another four layers of embossing to the flower over a three day period, letting the parchment paper rest between layers of embossing. I embossed the leaves using Pergamano embossing tools. The border of the parchment paper was perforated with a 4-Needle perforating tool and embossed with a 2mm star embossing tool.

DH Pencil Hol;der

This is Dorothy’s original creation. She used the three flowers panels as inserts inside this three sided acrylic pencil/pen holder. When it comes to parchment craft patterns, you can customize them to fit whatever ideas you may have in mind. I re-worked the flower patterns to design a series of Thank You notecards.

White Rose 11a

I layered the parchment paper onto olive green and brown card stock layers and then attached the panel to cream card stock folded into a small card. The edges of the card stock layers were painted with a Krylon 18Kt. Gold pen. Small gold pearls were used as embellishments on the four corners of the parchment with PergaGlue.

If you have any questions about parchment craft, please feel free to email me by clicking on the Email button underneath my picture on the left sidebar of my blog. Beneath that button is a Subscribe button if you’d like to follow my blog and receive notifications when I post new designs. If you’re a fan of Pinterest, you can also find my cards/boards on Pinterest by clicking the “Follow Me On Pinterest” button on the left side bar (adorable pink Cafe Au Lait with pink pin), as well as Like Me on Facebook (Facebook tea cup). All of these buttons are direct links.

Thank you so much for stopping by today, it’s so nice to have you drop in. I’ll be back soon to share with you the final notecard of the series.

Jerri Siggy3

#1 Watercolor Brush

Cream Card Stock

Olive Green Card Stock

Brown Card Stock

Krylon 18Kt. Gold Ink Pen

Gold Pearls

20 Responses to “White Rose Thank You Notecard”

1. Debe aston says:

That is absolutely stunning! TFS

2. Christine says:

Wow. I love Dorothy’s patterns ( just not very good at doing them myself ) . That is absolutely stunning

3. Cec says:

Oh my, another stunning card. Love the simplicity of the design and the layers because they make your beautiful embossing and painting simply jump off the card. BTW, forgot my plan from yesterday – not enough time to make a good job so I chickened out. One of these days. In the meantime I will just come here and drool.
    Hugs!
    Cec

4. Pinky Roth says:

Simply spectacular!

5. Chelsea Johnson says:

Jerri, this is your prettiest piece to date. That flower looks real enough to put in a glass of water – but it will last longer 😀 You are such a special artist. Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful gift.

6. Kristine Vencel says:

Such a graceful & elegant design. While at first glance it appears simplistic in design, there is really quite a lot of detail to make this design pop. Jerri, Your beautiful attention to detail does this design proud!

7. Faulba Dorsett says:

Wow. Roses were my mother’s favorite flower. She had a rose garden that she worked in every day. The roses were beautiful and smelled wonderful. Thank you for sharing your amazing talent. Have a Blessed Day.

8. Jerri, this is EXQUISITE! I am so enthralled by the beautiful painting you’ve done and how amazing it is! Your work is museum worthy in my opinion, and I would love to see this framed. It’s stunning. I love how beautifully you’ve finished it with the parchment work and the matting with gilded edged. The pearls are a perfect finishing touch!! Stunning, as always, precious friend! Hugs!

9. Clare says:

Absolutely gorgeous work on this, Jerri!

10. Oh my so Lovely and elegant!!

11. Donna Ellis says:

Hi, Jerri! Such an exquisite, lovely, soulfully peaceful card and project! It was so nice of you to visit my blog today, and leave a sweet comment. We’ve lost touch over the years, and it does my heart good to hear from you. Your google profile does not have a referral to your blog or an email to reply to, so I googled your name with the word “blog” and your SCS blog popped up!

To answer your questions, I am in rural Brooksville and love where we live. Like you, we’ve had a ton of rain, steam, and heat, but are grateful for every drop after the dry season left us “breathless” and fiery.

It is so good hearing from you, knowing your health issues have smoothed out a bit. Thanks for reaching out! Hugs, de

Hi Jerri, Simply gorgeous work of art. I love the simplicity & yet very elegant look of the card. You are always so artsy and talented. Love, Anne

13. Exquisite Jerri! You bring flowers to life and the softness of the frosty parchment is the perfect backdrop. Hugs!

14. Pamela Brown says:

Beautiful work Jerri. And, I am also a huge fan of Dorothy Holness’ work. Both you and Dorothy set a high standard. Well done.

15. Debbie Dunham says:

Wow! Just stunning! Hugs.

16. Velta says:

Hi Jerri – Another stunning work of art… this is probably my favorite one of all !!!

17. Ann williams says:

Totally stunning. So well deserved my friend
    XO

18. Katie Sims says:

Jerri, I saw this on Pinterest and had to leave a comment here. This is stunning! I am fascinated by the idea of working on parchment. Your coloring is incredible….this card truly belongs in a frame to be displayed. So glad I saw this….thank you so much for sharing this for all to see, it is beautiful! :)