Jul 27 2017

Princess Mary

Lace — beautiful, intricate, delicate lace — Julie Roces is synonymous with parchment white lace work. When I’m not in the mood to paint and want to work beautiful white lace work patterns, I can’t help but refer to Julie’s work with parchment lace work.
Mary 1

This beautiful design entitled Princess Mary is one of Julie’s designs from her book Royal Lace. When creating the designs for the book, Julie studied photographs of handmade lace from the last century. She dedicated the designs in the book to the royal family. Her love of timeless lace inspired Julie to create beautiful patterns that will bring many hours of enthusiasm and enjoyment to those who love to create lace work.

Mary 6

In this photo, you see the fine cutting of the lace and the white lace appliqués created by many patient hours of embossing creating white appliqués for the lace. There are two layers of parchment; the inner card is made of a shaded purple parchment paper and the outer card is made of regular parchment paper. I embossed and cut the lace work on the outer card first. When completed, I folded the shaded purple parchment paper and inserted it into the outer card, attaching it with removable scotch tape. I then pierced through four layers of parchment paper around the border. I cut through the four layers of parchment paper with parchment scissors to form the small picots around the border of the card.

Mary 7

I used a 2-split needle tool (the two needles are very close together) to perforate the lace and appliqués and cut the picots within the lace with parchment scissors.

Mary 2

Thank you so much for stopping by, sending you sunny wishes from Florida for a fabulous weekend!

Jerri Siggy3

Pergamano Large Ball Embossing Tool

Pergamano Perga Glue

White 1/8″ Silk Ribbon

Pergamano Mapping Pen

Embossing Pad

Perforating Pad

16 Responses to “Princess Mary”

1. Earline says:

Jeri this is elegant I know that they was wise to feature your work and with this work of art they should be even more proud of choosing you. You have work so hard and I admire your work you deserve it. Keep doing your work of art and most of all keep being am inspiration to us all. God bless

2. MarilynY says:

I’ve been following you for several years now and loving and admiring your works. But I haven’t built up the courage to attempt any pergamano projects though I have all the tools, paper and books on hand. I am heavily involved in the card making circle but know no one who has been involved in this art. I do know that some day I will get my hands wet and plunge in to fulfill my bucket list. I thank you for sharing your gorgeous projects and keeping my dream alive.

3. Lesley J Finley says:

Beautiful Jerri love.x :-)

Simply gorgeous!

5. Barbara Riefner says:

That is gorgeous Jerri. Your talent is simply amazing!

6. Faulba Dorsett says:

This card is exquisite. You had to have spent many hours making this card. I just love your work. Thank you for sharing.

7. Gretchen Wilson says:

Absolutely stunning!

8. Kristine Vencel says:

Gasp! This looks exactly like real lace! Your attention to detail is soooooo amazing! I would swear each of those picot edges is exactly the same length. Gorgeous! ❤️❤️
    Always a delight to see a new Jerri creation. Thank you so much for sharing with us!

9. Chelsea Johnson says:

The thing that drew me to parchment craft to begin with was the lacy look you often see created with parchment. Your piece today is exquisite in every way and captures the true beauty of lace. I’m so thankful you and other parchment experts are keeping the lacy look alive in your pieces. Thanks for sharing this gorgeous piece!

10. Clare says:

Wow, Jerri! Another piece of perfect beauty. I love lace because it’s so feminine, and this really comes out in your work. Love it!

Dear Jerri, You never fail to inspire your readers. You earn it to the top. Lace work is my favorite but I don’t have patience for it. You help me see the finest handmade work ever. Another work of beauty. Love it so so much…………Anne

12. Such beautiful detailed work!!

13. MOJCA says:

WAWWWWWW…it”s beautiful. I just admire .

14. Velta says:

How do I say that “this” work of art “tops” all !!!

15. Ceci Reyes says:

That lace looks really amazing, you do such a wonderful cards, lots of details and sodelicate. Its sucha a pleasure look at them. Congratulations!

16. Wow! This parchment lace is exquisite! And what royal colors too and so perfect in every way! I LOVE it, Jerri! Hugs!