Aug 01 2017

Black-Eyed Susan

Good morning sweet friends.Today I have a card to share with you that I made for one of the Dare to Get Dirty annual summer challenges going on over at Splitcoaststampers hosted by past and current Splitcoaststampers Dirty Dozen Design Team members. The celebration is a thank you event for Splitcoaststampers Fan Club members who support the site with their subscriptions. My dear sweet friend Cheryl Scrivens is hosting the challenge I have participated in. I am a proud member of the Dirty Dozen Alumni, serving February – July 2008 .  .  . I can’t believe it was nine years ago .  .  . where does the time go?

Black Eyed Susan 2

I love the Black-Eyed Susan digital stamp set from Power Poppy and used it for my focal point. I painted the image with Pergamano Pintura Acrylic paints.

Black Eyed Susan 3

I embossed a sentiment from the Cuppa Buttercups digital stamp set from Power Poppy that I felt was perfect for the image.

Black Eyed Susan1

I designed the card using Groovi’s Nested Scalloped Squares and Nested Scalloped Ovals acrylic plates for parchment paper. If you have the ability to enlarge the photo, you’ll be able to see the detail in the embossing and the glittered background of the large square. I traced the Black-Eyed Susans onto the background with Sticky Ink and a mapping pen and sprinkled the traced images with glitter. It doesn’t show up well in the photo, but is quite beautiful on the card.

If you have any questions regarding the Groovi method of parchment (fabulous for beginners), please drop me a line and I’ll be happy to chat with you about it. If you’re interested in Pergamano supplies, please e-mail me. I have closed my internet store, but am still selling Pergamano products via Paypal.

Jerri Siggy3

Groovi Nested Scalloped Ovals

Gr1/4″ Gold Silk Ribbon

Pergamano Mapping Pen

#1 Water Color Paint Brush

Embossing Pad

Perforating Pad

15 Responses to “Black-Eyed Susan”

1. Deb Saaranen says:

So very beautiful Jerri Kay! Your blossoms are always perfection, whether they are painted or constructed!

2. Lesley J Finley says:

Beautiful Jerri love. x :-)

What a gorgeous floral image and your coloring is fantastic Jerri.

4. Cec says:

Gorgeous! The depth of colour on the blooms jumps out against the soft ombre ground and the oval shape is so pretty set against the textured background and the pretty edging. Just wondering if this is a type of easel card?
    Hugs!
    Cec

5. Suzanne Hicks says:

Oh how pretty! And I love black eyed Susan’s this time of year in the wild. They are always a delightful surprise along roadways and in fields. Thank you for your lovely rendition. As always a perfection!

6. Faulba Dorsett says:

This makes me think of hot summer days and lightening bug nights. Do you paint on canvas? I am always in awe of your talent, and I really appreciate you sharing your great talent with us.

7. Clare says:

Jerri, your “Susan’s” are perfection! How beautiful! How long does it take to do something like that?

Hugs,
    Clare

I was reading your post, to myself. Then I said ” Oh Jerri – you have to send this to me!” LOLOL 😱 . Don, my sweetie, chuckled n said what is his new name for me. “Ivana” No not like her. We poke at each other often. His latest is ivana have that! But he runs them all together. As in IVANAHADAT! LOLOL. Last month I broke my Cuttlebug. I had warned him it was coming. So when I told him I broke it, he said what else do u need Ivana? So I said be careful what you ask for! LOLOL
    Well, what I had to tell you is that you’ve done it again! This one took my breath away. Again! Thanks for sharing your beautiful work with us. Big hugs, Jess

9. Frances says:

Beautiful! Love the coloring and your design! Thanks for sharing, hugs

10. Just stunning, your card looks so amazing and the flowers are beautifully done!!

Just as beautiful as you have always done on all your cards. Amazing!~~~ Have a great weekend ahead, Anne

12. Velta says:

Love love the colors on this beauty !!!

13. Oh, Jerri, I am thrilled that you made this exquisite card for my Dare to Get Dirty Challenge at Splitcoaststampers. It’s amazing and so gorgeous! Your work continues to get more and more beautiful, and I truly don’t know how you do it! I am so honored to have this card in the gallery, and I know many have loved it and will surely pin it!! Hugs, sweet friend! You are a jewel! xoxo

14. Christine says:

Hello to my lovely Splitcoast DD twin :) Hope you’re doing really well. I thought I’d stop by after a long time and say how lovely this is, and how great it is to see you using Power Poppy in such a unique application. The Black-eyed Susans look just gorgeous!

15. Tosh says:

Wow Jerri!! This is incredible!! Your coloring…*sigh*…is exquisite! And your framing of the image…another WOW! I am continually awed by your work!! Can’t believe it’s been 9 years since we were DD’s together. Time flies! Hugs!!