Oct 03 2017

Welcome Fall

Published by at 8:37 am under Fall,Parchment Craft,Pergamano

Lace Leaf 3

Welcome fall: The summer has ended, fall is beginning, the leaves should be changing, the days are becoming shorter, the breeze is getting slightly cooler. Oh, how I wish I could wear a lovely sweater pulled from the closet in celebration of the arrival of cooler temps. Fall is officially upon us, if only I could experience it as my northern family and friends are. Fall is my favorite season.

To get in the mood and create an atmosphere of fall, I’ve worked this beautiful pattern by dutch designer Hiskia Wittenaar. I’ve made a few changes to the design by adding gold to the card and changing the background color to a moss green.

Lace Leaf 4

My favorite memories of fall are of decorating my home when my children were small, setting out bales of hay, pumpkins, corn stalks and a scarecrow to the entryway of my home. During fall I like to cut up lemons and oranges, toss in a few cloves and place them in a small pot of water with cinnamon, allspice, Apple Pie spice, pumpkin spice and nutmeg (the more spices the sweeter the aroma) to create a wonderful atmosphere of fall within the house. Do you have any fall traditions that you and your family participate in?

Jerri Siggy3

Perforating Mat

Moss Green Card Stock

Mapping Pen

White Tinta Ink

Gold Tinta Ink

18Kt. Gold Krylon Pen

15 Responses to “Welcome Fall”

1. Kristine Vencel says:

Beautiful! The colors are so relaxing and soft.

2. Eunice says:

Hello Jerri, another lovely card. I just love that shade of green. It so very soothing to me and reminds me the fall season.

3. SandraSue says:

I always love your work. This is special because, I love nature, leaves espespecialy. I make cards and sell them. I have done a little work like you have done, but it has been a few years ago. When you make something this beautiful and send it to someone, it is 10 times more appreciated.

4. Carol says:

What a lovely card, Jerri. It definitely says, “fall is here.”

5. Debbie Dunham says:

Absolutely beautiful!

Beautiful!

7. Faulba Dorsett says:

You do not disappoint me with any of your cards. Breathtaking. Fall is my favorite season as well. The leaves changing, the nip in the air, apples in season, pumpkins everywhere, cotton ready to harvest, pecans to pick up for holiday cooking, mulled cider. I could go on and on. Hope you have a wonderful day. Can’t wait to see what you post next.

8. Beautiful framing of the leaf, love the corner leaves!! there is a farm not to far away that has a corn maze, shooting pumpkins out of a canon, bomb fires all the great fun, we try to go to that every year :)

9. Chelsea Johnson says:

I always love to see what you are working on, and this lovely card is another special piece. What a gorgeous declaration of fall!! The delicate gold is just beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing this lovely work of art.

10. ann says:

simply breathtaking as always my friend. thank you for sharing and I am so glad you are safe.

Love Ann

11. Dot says:

Jerri, Another beautiful card.
    Blessing and keep sharing
    Dot

12. Gwen says:

Lovely elegant card !!! You do amazing work !!! tfs

13. Rebecca Ednie says:

So beautiful. I love the lacy look!

Beautiful creation. Love the bits of gold, and the green background is perfect! I always zoom in on your projects and enjoy looking at the perfection of them. Thanks again for sharing your works of art with us. Hugs, Jess

15. Oh, Jerri, what a gorgeous card! I love the amazing design and the beautiful moss green background…great changes. And I always love gilded edges. Yes, I do miss the colors of fall…amazing yellows and oranges and reds…stunning driving along a beautiful quiet river. Great memories. My mom used to cook up some lovely spices like that with lemons and oranges. Oh, what great memories of her. She was an amazing cook, baker, and decorator and loved to entertain. Miss her a lot. But thanks for bringing such joy by triggering those memories, sweet Jerri! You are a sweetheart! Hugs!