Oct 07 2017

Diana, Princess of Wales

Diana 3

Lace — timeless, elegant, delicate lace — I love lace!

This beautiful design entitled Princess Diana is one of Julie Roces’ designs from her book Royal Lace. When creating the designs for the book, Julie studied photographs of handmade lace from the last century. She dedicated the designs in the book to the royal family. Her love of timeless lace inspired Julie to create beautiful patterns that will bring many hours of enthusiasm and enjoyment to those who love to create lace work.

I traced the pattern with white Tinta ink and a mapping pen. I used small ball embossing tools to emboss the tiny delicate flowers, leaves, berries and lace. I perforated the edge of the embossed outer card and cut the lace picots using parchment scissors. There are two layers of parchment; the inner card is made of polka dot fuchsia parchment paper and the outer card is made of regular parchment paper. When the embossing was completed, I folded the fuchsia parchment paper and inserted it into the folded outer embossed card.

Thank you so much for stopping by to visit today!

Jerri Siggy3

Supplies Used:

Regular Parchment Paper

Polka Dot Fuchsia Parchment Paper

Tinta White Ink

Pergamano 1 Needle Perforating Tool

Pergamano 2-Split Needle Perforating Tool

Pergamano Fine Stylus Embossing Tool

Pergamano Extra Small Ball Embossing Tool

Pergamano Small Ball Embossing Too

Pergamano Mapping Pen

Embossing Pad

Perforating Pad

Parchment Scissors

16 Responses to “Diana, Princess of Wales”

Hi Jerri,

Love the elegant lace look. I am sure it will bring great joy to the one who receives your card. Your work looks so classy and with such grace!! Love them all.

Love,
    Anne

2. As you know I love your creations and this one brought tears to my eyes. My sister and I went to see Princess Diana’s dresses and took in a show that weekend also. As it turned out it was our last outing together before she found out she had a very aggressive cancer and the lost her battle a year later. This brought back some great memories!!! Gorgeous card!!

3. Dianne says:

Stunningly Gorgeous as always…..

4. SandraSue says:

This piece of work is so georgous! It would fool someone, if they didn’t know that it wasn’t real. Someone is going to be very lucky to receive that card. Your work is breathtaking. Love it!

Simply gorgeous!

6. Faulba Dorsett says:

This card is so delicate, elegant and timeless. Absolutely beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing. Have a blessed day.

7. Dot says:

A nice tribute to Princess Diana. Love how you make the parchment paper look so elegant. A lot of patience.
    Blessings
    Dot

8. Diane McVey says:

Absolutely stunning!!!

9. Carol says:

Elegant, beautiful, — simply stunning… even these words can’t describe the loveliness of this card! Your creations are always an inspiration.

Beautiful Jerri! Ms. Roces’ design is gorgeous! Great idea to use royal lace. I imagine there are many lovely laces to pick from. I hadn’t realized there were colored parchment papers. I always learn from your posts! Love the little flowers! Thanks, hugs Jess

11. Kristine Vencel says:

This lace design is so elegant, dainty and gorgeous! The pink makes it nice and “girlie” while showcasing the cut work perfectly. Your delicate touch makes these designs appear so real. Thank you for sharing them with us, Jerri. I adore seeing each and every creation.

12. Chelsea Johnson says:

OOooOO, Jerri! You know I LOVE lace, so this captured me from first glance. It is Beautiful!!!!! The thing that most attracted me to parchment craft is the ability to imitate lace. You have rendered a wonderful piece here, and I am drooling!!!! I can’t wait to see more of your art.

13. Rebecca Ednie says:

This is so elegant and perfect. Wow.

14. Elena Trear says:

Absolutely beautiful!

15. Oh my such lovely delicate edge cuttings and love the bow cut out too, looks just like a piece of lace!

16. Oh, Jerri, what an exquisite card and an amazing parchment work! This design is stunning, and the flowers that you used the small ball embossing tool are amazing. I love them and how they are arranged. The curved lace is so beautiful, and what a beautiful name for this design. I loved Princess Diana and love the Royal Family…and am so thrilled to see the precious children whom Diana would have loved so much. What a joy…thanks so much for sharing this most amazing and beautiful card! Hugs and love, precious friend! xoxo