Dec 17 2017

Pink Flower in Lace and Gold

IMG_0006 copy

I painted this image of a sweet pink flower a few months ago and due to a very hectic Fall schedule, have not had an opportunity to write up a blog post for it. The design is from a Dutch designer, Hiskia Wittenaar. I love the challenge of painting her patterns.

IMG_0007 copy

Several parchment techniques were involved in this design including grid work using a Pergamano grid (see the lace cut outs on the four corners), stippling the arcs around the four corners, as well as the inner circles and large tear drops and solid white embossing. An acrylic plate from Groovi was used to create the embossed lace on the four corners.

IMG_0012 copy

I painted the flower and leaves with Pergamano Pintura acrylic paints with a #1 water color paintbrush.

IMG_0009 copy

All of the double lines and motifs were traced with Pergamano Tinta gold ink using a mapping pen. I wish I had taken a close up picture of the cut work within the motifs. I cut the lace work painstakingly slow to ensure I would not break any of the tiny bridges that were cut to create the lace. If you click on the photo and increase the size, you will be able to see the bridges better, as well as the little snowflakes that have perforations within the embossing and the stippling within the large tear drops and corners of the design.

I wish you a peaceful, stress free week as you complete your Christmas preparations.

Jerri Siggy3

#1 Water Color Paint Brush

Embossing Pad

Perforating Pad

Parchment Scissors

Pergamano #4 Find Grid

Groovi Acrylic Lace Plate

11 Responses to “Pink Flower in Lace and Gold”

Beautiful as always. So much patience n precision needed to complete the work. Bravo!!
    Have a great Xmas holiday, Jerri!……Love, Anne

2. SandraSue says:

Your card reminds me of a prom dress. Love it.

3. Suzanne Hicks says:

Gorgeous and lovely as always, Jerri and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

4. Faulba Dorsett says:

Gorgeous!! I am amazed at the minute detail in this card. How many hours did it take you to complete this card? However many, it is absolutely gorgeous! I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

5. Chelsea Johnson says:

Wow, Jerri. This is just beautiful! Exquisite detail work and artistry. Every piece you do is more beautiful than the last. Thanks for bringing such beauty to my day!
    Merry Christmas to you and your family!

6. Cec says:

This is so pretty and during this busy and often stressful time of year it brings such serenity into my life as I look at all the wonderful details. Have a wonderful holiday with your family and friends.
    Hugs!
    Cec

7. Kristine Vencel says:

I do so enjoy seeing your stunning creations, Jerri, and this one is gorgeous! I am amazed with your attention to detail. But that is what makes your designs so beautiful.
    Thank you for sharing another wonderful design.
    Christmas blessings to you & your family this holiday season.

8. Wow that is just lovely, pretty coloring of that flower, such pretty shading!! of course all your cut work is just wonderful !!

9. Dianne Sarada says:

Your work is exquisite…..

10. Frances says: